My 2nd hair transplant procedure by Dr. Maras at HDC clinic, 2535 grafts, 4-5\10\2021

Doron Harati

@_Hairman_ didn't write about was there necessary or not checking donor area by microscope related to 1st HT, think he thought more like some pre-procedure, that clinic-doctor inform patient about state before HT, and patient can know what number of grafts will leave after 1st HT, and think that approach is ok, as in any surgery area, it's good practice doctors inform patients about all steps, and tell patient situation about important thing like state of donor's area .

12 hours ago, blackislback said:

@_Hairman_ didn't write about was there necessary or not checking donor area by microscope related to 1st HT, think he thought more like some pre-procedure, that clinic-doctor inform patient about state before HT, and patient can know what number of grafts will leave after 1st HT, and think that approach is ok, as in any surgery area, it's good practice doctors inform patients about all steps, and tell patient situation about important thing like state of donor's area .

Yes, they never told me what kind of donor i have left. Making a good con before the surgery is very important like telling you how many grafts you have availeble and they have to use microscope. It takes some minutes and thats nothing when they will do a surgery for about 16-18 hours. I think its not just HDC doing this i think many clinics dont do proper cons. And i am NW4-NW5 i need to know my donor and what i have left. And the second part is that doron says 2-3cm hairline with single grafts, thats not truth, the hairline is maximum 0.5cm with single grafts. So if they used 500 grafts in my hairline and used the other doubles triples behind and thats about 500 grafts i would have at least 1000 more hairs behind the hairline and you all know what density 1000 more hairs gives. It has nothing to do with natural hairline cause loads of top docs is using the half amount and the counting average or how to call it would be instead of 2.1 way higher.

Yeah, got it at your 1st post :) , and i agree doctors-clinics need inform patients about such things, as it's quite normal at any other type surgery doctors inform patients of all steps, consequences, state, etc. , cause communication doctor-patient for this matter is very important. But agree, it's not only with HDC, most of clinics don't inform patients about it, but sometimes patients need take initiative and ask doctors, if they not do  this above.

At HDC consultation the clinic usually estimate 70% minimum of grafts of the amount from 1st if there's a need more than 1 surgery, however my repair case was different, the clinic used microscopic scans of my donor on both repair procedures to check the quality of my donor.

For instance if a NW6 paitent will want to have a procedure, HDC will explain if the patient can have more than 1 procedure, the clinic make strategy plan before accepting a paitent.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

19 hours ago, Doron Harati said:

At HDC consultation the clinic usually estimate 70% minimum of grafts of the amount from 1st if there's a need more than 1 surgery, however my repair case was different, the clinic used microscopic scans of my donor on both repair procedures to check the quality of my donor.

For instance if a NW6 paitent will want to have a procedure, HDC will explain if the patient can have more than 1 procedure, the clinic make strategy plan before accepting a paitent.

So if they took 4000 grafts from my donor, how many grafts do you think i have left? I am NW 4-5.

10 hours ago, _Hairman_ said:

So if they took 4000 grafts from my donor, how many grafts do you think i have left? I am NW 4-5.

I am not familiar with your case, but in general as I said for additional procedure HDC usually estimate around for 70% amount number of grafts from previous procedure, it can be even more, it various between every paitent, there's no binary formula.

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

3 hours ago, JC71 said:

@Doron Haratiyour result thread seems to have got derailed, getting back on track .. have you got any updates for us ? Thanks 🙏 

Hi @JC71all is great! I am after 4 weeks and 2 days from the procedure.

Came back to the gym and entering to the shedding "ugly duck" season, but luckily I have enough growth of transplanted hair from my previous repair procedure by Dr. Maras😉

Photos from today:

20211105_195945.jpg

20211105_200046.jpg

• Like 5

Still recovering from the trauma.

Screenshot_20211105-204439_Gallery.jpg

14 hours ago, Gatsby said:

That's one good looking 'ugly duckling' then Doron! Thanks for the update and I look forward to following your journey. All the best!

Thank you 🙏🏻

I also want to mention my redness is gone.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@Ryan Rapnot yet, but I do consider to do a 4th procedure.

Excellent results Doron, keep us updated. It’s a night and day difference between your results at HDC and that clinic in turkey. Congratulations 

also Doron 1 question. From the first failed fue with the turkey clinic you said they took 5000 grafts. Do you roughly know how many of those grafts grew?

Edited by Helios
  • Like 1

@Heliosthanks, HDC actually used micro telescope to scan my scalp before the 1st repair procedure, in Turkey the clinic used 2000 grafts over my crown and only 4 grafts grew up, my frontal area had 3000 grafts with around 10% growth with wrong hair angles and with doubles and triple grafts.

@JC71just for you 😉

It's been now only 2 months and 4 days since my last procedure, so there's only a few new baby hairs you can see over the crown along some pimples as a growth sign, yet you get impression of my donor recovery, few days ago I had a haircut over the donor area only.

20211204_234133.jpg

20211204_234050.jpg

20211204_234139.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks @Gatsby🙏🏻

• Like 1

Doron, thanks for the response. So are you saying out of the 5000 grafts most of those didn’t grow? Can I ask how you were able to still have enough grafts to have more surgery? The Results are incredible of course. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 10/27/2021 at 7:04 AM, _Hairman_ said:

Yes, they never told me what kind of donor i have left. Making a good con before the surgery is very important like telling you how many grafts you have availeble and they have to use microscope. It takes some minutes and thats nothing when they will do a surgery for about 16-18 hours. I think its not just HDC doing this i think many clinics dont do proper cons. And i am NW4-NW5 i need to know my donor and what i have left.

Nobody will ever really be able to tell you how many grafts you have left in your donor because what you have today will not be the same as what you will have in the future. Your sides and back may drop and/or you could begin to thin in some areas of your donor. Whenever a Dr tells you how many grafts you still have left for future use, you need to take that as a hopeful estimate, but don't assume you will actually have that many in 5 or 10 years when you need to add more hair.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

When you are doing a HT, you want to complete it. When you have done the 1st you want to do the second one after 1 year, most people want to complete it thats why the clinics have to do a proper cons. I dont know what i have left. I am sure i have grafts left for a second procedure but many clinics dont do cons and thats bad. So in 1 year grafts will be the same, after ten years ofc there will be losses. And it takes like 30 mins to do that microscope estimate the grafts, and bonus is if they have a program that calculate the grafts.

Edited by _Hairman_

On 12/6/2021 at 12:56 PM, Helios said:

Doron, thanks for the response. So are you saying out of the 5000 grafts most of those didn’t grow? Can I ask how you were able to still have enough grafts to have more surgery? The Results are incredible of course. 

As I said before, HDC roughly estimate 70% minimum grafts amount for further normal procedures.

Since my case is a repair protocol, it will better to estimate with least realistic possibility and hoping for the best, especially in my case.

Edited by Doron Harati