FUE Hair Transplant Next Month - Any advice?

Hi all,

Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

I've got a month to go until my hair transplant and a lot is going through my head, and probably will continue to do so for some time. I know I'm in good hands with the surgeon I've opted for, but it's still a daunting prospect. Do any of you have any advice, based on your experiences, on how someone should prepare themselves for their hair transplant? Happy to hear all kinds of advice (how to sleep after the HT, what should I bring with me, how would you prepare yourself mentally... etc.).

Thank you!

• Like 1

Follow the Dr's pre op and post op instructions - and give yourself the subsequent 2 weeks after surgery to recover as best as possible, the first 4-5 initial days post surgery are particularly important, so give yourself the mental peace to do very little, and relax. Eat well, drink lots of water, and aim for at least 8 hours of sleep per night. 

Good Luck 

5 hours ago, Nounours said:

Hi all,

Sorry if there is already a thread on this.

I've got a month to go until my hair transplant and a lot is going through my head, and probably will continue to do so for some time. I know I'm in good hands with the surgeon I've opted for, but it's still a daunting prospect. Do any of you have any advice, based on your experiences, on how someone should prepare themselves for their hair transplant? Happy to hear all kinds of advice (how to sleep after the HT, what should I bring with me, how would you prepare yourself mentally... etc.).

Thank you!

FUE is surgery but its more like getting tattoed for a whole day than actual surgery. I had a few surgeries and you feel like shit for some days with intense pain. I did not even take paracetamol after my FUE because I had no pain whatsoever.

Prepare yourself for potentially bad sleep the first days/week. I was sleeping really bad because I totally hated the travel pillow even though I bought a great one.

Donor pain is quite common aswell. It can be really bad for some usually starting day 5 but will go back to normal after like 10 days.

Water is good after the surgery. Room service food is also very nice after surgery, preferably with some sweets as a desert lol.

Edited by digi23

• Administrators

Post op cleaning 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

No weight lifting.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY