Which place would you recommend as the Best FUE Clinic in the world right now? Budget - max 5 US $/Graft

• Administrators

The point everyone should be stressing is don’t get surgery if you’re looking at it for cost, instead of quality. I’m going to Eugenix myself at about $5 USD per graft, but it had nothing to do with the cost.

I’d pay $8 or whatever if I was confident the surgeon could do the job. It’s not about the money, it’s about the results. Money comes and goes, you only have a finite donor supply. Do it right the first time. 

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

6 hours ago, JC71 said:

You want bang for your buck then De Freitas, Ferreira, Pinto, Villa and HLC are very good options. What is your own situation? Age, Norwood level, any meds ? Could you show us any pics ? Thanks 🙏 

My hair loss is very subtle and very slight loss but i work as cabin crew with flydubai and our looks really matter.

I have been to Dubai to Istanbul many times and seen lots of bandaged European dudes there and the airport is full of bandaged men,so i felt maybe Istanbul was a good place since i don't need to pay for a ticket or otherwise my home country India and i asked for any country in the world as we get free tickets every year to travel and i can travel mostly anywhere in the world to get it done as long as i don't need to pay more than 5 USD/graft.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AkshayGup said:

My hair loss is very subtle and very slight loss but i work as cabin crew with flydubai and our looks really matter.

I have been to Dubai to Istanbul many times and seen lots of bandaged European dudes there and the airport is full of bandaged men,so i felt maybe Istanbul was a good place since i don't need to pay for a ticket or otherwise my home country India and i asked for any country in the world as we get free tickets every year to travel and i can travel mostly anywhere in the world to get it done as long as i don't need to pay more than 5 USD/graft.

Take a look at the table John posted on the previous page - anyone from Dr. Ximena Vila to Dr. Feriduni are all extremely good and it's honestly hard to argue that any one is better than the other, although I certainly have my favourites out of them. 

Look into them, contact the clinics and go from there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDEE0 said:

Take a look at the table John posted on the previous page - anyone from Dr. Ximena Vila to Dr. Feriduni are all extremely good and it's honestly hard to argue that any one is better than the other, although I certainly have my favourites out of them. 

Look into them, contact the clinics and go from there. 

Yup some excellent choices, and still good value. I’m not one for basing a ht on cost alone, but also don’t think you have to pay over the odds either. 

• Like 1

@AkshayGup I would echo the opinion that you have great options for clinics with top notch results at that price range and willingness to travel anywhere, but you need to choose a clinic that best suits what your goals and objectives would be for surgery. I think it would be helpful if you posted pictures so we could assess the level of Norwood and see your current condition with native hair, donor hair, etc...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JC71 said:

Yup some excellent choices, and still good value. I’m not one for basing a ht on cost alone, but also don’t think you have to pay over the odds either. 

Yeah, I mean, with the options I stated, although the price point ranges from 2.5 to 5 EUR, there's really no discernible sacrifice in quality/skill with the 'cheaper' options out of the bunch. Really, it's just a matter of preference; whose results you like the best, which clinic you get the best feeling from when corresponding/consulting with them, and then of course you can consider price differences after this.

For me personally, I got the best feeling with Pinto and Bisanga out of all the clinics I consulted, but ended up liking the smaller-moderate sized temporal/hairline cases that are similar to what I will be having myself just ever so slightly more with Pinto for whatever reason, and so went with him. Just happened to be a bonus he's cheaper too! 

Couto is probably my favourite surgeon in the world, especially for small to mid size cases with decent donors, but a 2+ year wait time and nearly double the price of other options of equal quality... as you say, not really any need to pay over the odds and have to wait for a number of years either.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JC71 said:

Incision making/channel opening is definitely the most important step for the Dr to do. This should never be a tech job. The other steps are usually done by techs. Look at the chart and you will see the various involvement. Some Drs are more involved than others. 

True...I could be wrong, but I think H & W have a similar model with extraction techs extracting and techs placing grafts.

• Like 1

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, SLA said:

True...I could be wrong, but I think H & W have a similar model with extraction techs extracting and techs placing grafts.

Too much emphasis is being put on who does what, end of the day its a about the results. Hasson and wong have technicians who’ve been with them for decades. It’s one team, the problem is when you go to a hair mill with a revolving door of technicians that stay for a short time. 

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

40 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Too much emphasis is being put on who does what, end of the day its a about the results. Hasson and wong have technicians who’ve been with them for decades. It’s one team, the problem is when you go to a hair mill with a revolving door of technicians that stay for a short time.

Absolutely...and the training they get!

12 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, I mean, with the options I stated, although the price point ranges from 2.5 to 5 EUR, there's really no discernible sacrifice in quality/skill with the 'cheaper' options out of the bunch. Really, it's just a matter of preference; whose results you like the best, which clinic you get the best feeling from when corresponding/consulting with them, and then of course you can consider price differences after this.

For me personally, I got the best feeling with Pinto and Bisanga out of all the clinics I consulted, but ended up liking the smaller-moderate sized temporal/hairline cases that are similar to what I will be having myself just ever so slightly more with Pinto for whatever reason, and so went with him. Just happened to be a bonus he's cheaper too! 

Couto is probably my favourite surgeon in the world, especially for small to mid size cases with decent donors, but a 2+ year wait time and nearly double the price of other options of equal quality... as you say, not really any need to pay over the odds and have to wait for a number of years either.

I was watching a few videos of all the doctors mentioned here - Dr Freitas, Ferreira, Pinto, Villa ,Bisanga , Bansal and Couto.

I felt all are quite good and similar but still i have to say Dr Juan Couto has to standout for me and his results are so natural and amazing as if he is a magician with hairlines,why he is not being mentioned or recommended more here??

We have just 2 ongoing/developing Couto results on here, 1 of which is @RManciniand he hasn’t been back in quite a while. And the other @mikowhich is a repair after going elsewhere. Many more results are available on the Spanish/Italian forums. Just we don’t see many posted here. I do think he’s world elite but not marginally better than De Freitas imho. With so few results to go on here and such a long waiting list (maybe around 2 years) a lot of people choose some of the other excellent Euro options open to them. Hopefully In time we will see more results coming through, much like we do for De Freitas. However that’s mostly due to being forum recommended and posting the clinic results regularly. We just don’t have many Spanish people posting. 

Edited by JC71
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, JC71 said:

We have just 2 Couto results on here, 1 of which is @RManciniand he hasn’t been back in quite a while. And the other @mikowhich is a repair after going elsewhere. Many more results are available on the Spanish/Italian forums. Just we don’t see many posted here. I do think he’s world elite but not marginally better than De Freitas imho. With so few results to go on here and such a long waiting list (maybe around 2 years) a lot of people choose some of the other excellent Euro options open to them. Hopefully In time we will see more results coming through, much like we do for De Freitas. However that’s mostly due to being forum recommended and posting the clinic results regularly. We just don’t have many Spanish people posting. 

Thank you @JC712 years waiting list is a huge put off for me,i shall have a closer look at Dr Freitas.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

The point everyone should be stressing is don’t get surgery if you’re looking at it for cost, instead of quality. I’m going to Eugenix myself at about $5 USD per graft, but it had nothing to do with the cost.

I’d pay $8 or whatever if I was confident the surgeon could do the job. It’s not about the money, it’s about the results. Money comes and goes, you only have a finite donor supply. Do it right the first time. 

You are right

21 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Which package you have chossed with Eugenix premium or super premium?. 

Another point at this price level 5 usd why you did not choose Bisanga, De Freitas, Couto, Lorenzo. Those are top doctors

@JC71 I saw many videos of Dr Freitas and i feel his work is quite outstanding too.

This might be a tough question but if i choose between Eugenix (Premium package) which is near Noida(Delhi) my hometown, or Freitas where i could get a free ticket to travel,which one should i choose?

Prices are almost the same for both these i guess.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fego said:

Another point at this price level 5 usd why you did not choose Bisanga, De Freitas, Couto, Lorenzo. Those are top doctors

If i was personally paying 5 USD i would close my eyes and choose either Couto or Freitas but maybe he has his own reasons or in his particular case maybe he is going for a lot of beard to scalp transplant in which Eugenix seem to be doing well

1 minute ago, AkshayGup said:

@JC71 I saw many videos of Dr Freitas and i feel his work is quite outstanding too.

This might be a tough question but if i choose between Eugenix (Premium package) which is near Noida(Delhi) my hometown, or Freitas where i could get a free ticket to travel,which one should i choose?

For hairlines I think de Freitas is better IMO. Try consulting and see how you get on. I think the waiting is far less than Couto. Maybe 6-12 months depending on the person. 

• Like 1

Just now, AkshayGup said:

If i was personally paying 5 USD i would close my eyes and choose either Couto or Freitas but maybe he has his own reasons or in his particular case maybe he is going for a lot of beard to scalp transplant in which Eugenix seem to be doing well

Exactly that ! Melvin has specific needs, which is Beard grafts. And Eugenix excel in this area. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JC71 said:

For hairlines I think de Freitas is better IMO. Try consulting and see how you get on. I think the waiting is far less than Couto. Maybe 6-12 months depending on the person. 

Thank you so much my dear friend,yes i shall do a little more research on him and try to get an online consultation.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Fego said:

They are all top doctors, as is Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal. In my particular case, I need someone able to manage a depleted donor and someone who can perform BHT, which is why I chose Eugenix. That said, I’d put them right up there with the best. 

1 hour ago, AkshayGup said:

1 hour ago, AkshayGup said:

It really depends on what your loss is like and what you need doing. For a smaller hairline case, I would also definitely choose Couto or Freitas over Eugenix, although they are also pretty damn good with hairlines too so no need to discount them. 

You also need to research actual patient posted cases on the Spanish forums before you can say you'll close your eyes and pick X doctor. Right now, all you've done is look at a number of clinic posted YouTube videos in which generally the clinic posts the best of the best cases, and this is especially true for Couto and Freitas.

I'm not saying I wouldn't chose them in the blink of an eye, but I have seen multiple patient posted cases on the Spanish forums where Couto didn't seem like so much of a magician anymore in comparison to his YouTube videos, and I've seen multiple patient posted De Freitas results that, to be honest, I thought were clearly poorly planned due to a low placement of density from the get go; this is in fact what made me pick Pinto over him after I combed through every result I could find from both . I still see him as one of the best though and recommend him all day, don't get me wrong, this just put me off. 

My point is, you need to dig deeper to be fully informed. PM me if you want me to point you in the directions of the Spanish forums so you can see the results.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

They are all top doctors, as is Dr. Sethi and Dr. Bansal. In my particular case, I need someone able to manage a depleted donor and someone who can perform BHT, which is why I chose Eugenix. That said, I’d put them right up there with the best. 

Which package you selected with Eugenix? 

• Administrators
Just now, Fego said:

Which package you selected with Eugenix? 

The highest package which is about $5 USD per graft.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

I agree they are all top doctors but not everyone can afford the 5$ package and no matter how good you are i think the rates must be in accordance with the country to some extent.

Being an Indian who is travelling a lot to Europe and Dubai working as Cabin crew,the per square feet of rent of office space in India is 1/5th that of most eastern european countries and probably 1/10th of the nordic countries or even US for that matter,there are no minimum wages in India and the starting salary of most MBBS doctors in India is 20-30,000 INR which is around 300-450 USD per month,i bet the technicians working in India in the hair Transplant clinics are not making more than 50,000 INR per month ( 600 USD )and if they do then they are making what most graduate doctors make after 5 years of experience.

So the salaries are 1/10th of Europe,the rent is 1/10th of Europe,the cost of electricity and all other charges or hotels are 1/5th of Europe or US,then why with skills similar to the top European doctors mentioned above are they charging as much or even more than Europe?

With all due respect to their skills and expertise,they must charge but not such extreme super normal profits.

Trust me if if they are charging the same as top European doctors mentioned here,their turnover and profits are nearly 5-10 times of those doctors or clinics given that all of them manage to perform the same number of surgeries.

I totally respect your decision to travel to India as i feel Eugenix is a good clinic but i don't agree with their cost.

• Like 2