Having a weird issue 9 months post FUE. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Justincalisd

Some background info:

-Got my FUE procedure about 9 months ago on my temple areas (the rest of my hair was fine).

-Overall pleased with the results as my situation was really bad. It’s a hell of a feeling to have a full head of hair again! 

-I have naturally wavy, not curly hair. With a bit of pomade I can even make it look pretty straight. 

Alright now on to my issue. On the left side of my head where the hair follicles were implanted, my new hair is curly. And I’m not talking about naturally wavy like the rest of my hair, I’m talking about a full on rabbi curl hanging down the left side of my forehead (see photos, and also nothing against rabbis).

What makes this even weirder, is that I’m not having this issue on my right temple, and back many years ago when I had hair there, it wouldn’t curl like this. The curls are so strong that even with the firmest hold pomade I can find, the hair still curls and I cannot style it the way I want. 

Does anybody have any product recommendations to tame and straighten this beast? Also, any idea on why this is happening in the first place? Thank you in advance :)  

7F5254B7-0519-4B8A-A662-978E83B2AD1F.jpeg

25192185-FF49-4815-8C8F-D19BF86F84C0.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Justincalisd said:

Some background info:

-Got my FUE procedure about 9 months ago on my temple areas (the rest of my hair was fine).

-Overall pleased with the results as my situation was really bad. It’s a hell of a feeling to have a full head of hair again! 

-I have naturally wavy, not curly hair. With a bit of pomade I can even make it look pretty straight. 

Alright now on to my issue. On the left side of my head where the hair follicles were implanted, my new hair is curly. And I’m not talking about naturally wavy like the rest of my hair, I’m talking about a full on rabbi curl hanging down the left side of my forehead (see photos, and also nothing against rabbis).

What makes this even weirder, is that I’m not having this issue on my right temple, and back many years ago when I had hair there, it wouldn’t curl like this. The curls are so strong that even with the firmest hold pomade I can find, the hair still curls and I cannot style it the way I want. 

Does anybody have any product recommendations to tame and straighten this beast? Also, any idea on why this is happening in the first place? Thank you in advance :)  

7F5254B7-0519-4B8A-A662-978E83B2AD1F.jpeg

25192185-FF49-4815-8C8F-D19BF86F84C0.jpeg

The easy solution is to cut your hair shorter. The hair is abit wiry still after 9 months so it might also change abit with time.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It usually takes about 18 months for the wiry, kinky, curliness to soften and straighten out. Give it some more time and see if it improves.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators

Hair texture can be curly for the first 18 months, give it time it’ll get straight.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.