I'm getting SMP done after 15 hair transplants. Donor area , October 14th and 18th, 2021

And after 2 sessions, no more needed 

The 2nd session was a little more painful but tolerable. I’ll put pics with flash from all angles once the redness is totally gone 

E060C06D-200C-4683-A24C-6D682DE19340.png

Edited by mustang

The result is completely natural and subtle as I wanted. 
I could have used a third session to touch up the lower bit but we can always do a touch up next year 

For now it has improved the look on my donor tremendously in a very natural way 

I hope this is useful to some 

EF01EDF9-8E28-4C3A-8707-13EB8193F08F.png

DBDE92F4-B013-4817-AA28-6826E17ABD99.png

• Like 2

Looks incredible and untouched.

I am assuming if you went the FUT route, given the prominent linear scar, you would not have been able to extract as many scalp grafts.

Maybe homogenous depletion with FUE, fit farming and some SMP is the optimal choice for higher Norwoods?

Someone else recently posted before and after pics of smp to cover his FUE scars, and his results came out great.   Different then yours cause he keeps his hair longer in the back....  but I feel I can see his SMP Dots in his pics, whereas yours are so extremely small that it's not even detectable in your pics.  

Do you happen to know what size tattoo pen/needle your artist used?   

• Like 1

Very nice results, those dots are so small giving a very subtle darkening fuller effect. 

52 minutes ago, Etownone said:

Different then yours cause he keeps his hair longer in the back....  but I feel I can see his SMP Dots in his pics, whereas yours are so extremely small that it's not even detectable in your pics.  

I wonder will these dots fade quicker though? Alot of them are so soft and fine. To the OP, is this the permanent SMP or the trichopigmentation temporary kind that fades faster and eventually disappears without touchups? Did they give you a time estimate on touchups?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Etownone said:

Someone else recently posted before and after pics of smp to cover his FUE scars, and his results came out great.   Different then yours cause he keeps his hair longer in the back....  but I feel I can see his SMP Dots in his pics, whereas yours are so extremely small that it's not even detectable in your pics.  

Do you happen to know what size tattoo pen/needle your artist used?   

Hello,

I used a 0,30 mm needle.

Mirko

Men's Ink Staff

Edited by MirkoMensInk
  • Thanks 1

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

16 hours ago, ciaus said:

Very nice results, those dots are so small giving a very subtle darkening fuller effect. 

I wonder will these dots fade quicker though? Alot of them are so soft and fine. To the OP, is this the permanent SMP or the trichopigmentation temporary kind that fades faster and eventually disappears without touchups? Did they give you a time estimate on touchups?

Hello,

small dots do not necessarily disappear sooner, on the contrary in some cases they last even longer. Obviously in this case he wanted a very natural and light effect so we opted for a soft effect.

This is permanent SMP or permanent tricopigmentation. SMP and tricopigmentation are the same thing, just different names, in Italy we call the SMP "tricopigmentazione" so our translation in english is "tricopigmentation" and it can be permanent or temporary. Pay attention to who guarantees the total reversibility of the temporary pigment because that's not always true.

Mirko

Men's Ink Staff

Edited by MirkoMensInk

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

Thanks for the reply, very interesting about the dote size and duration.

4 hours ago, MirkoMensInk said:

Pay attention to who guarantees the total reversibility of the temporary pigment because that's not always true.

I appreciate the honesty here. And I believe this is your website below. On the english translation version of the site the page linked below seems to be trying to communicate that, but the wording is off.  The meaning below appears to indicate that the more sessions you get the more difficult it is to reverse it. A better wording would be something like "the more sessions you get the less reversible it will be." If it's not your site sorry, but if it is I hope you'll consider getting it fixed so you don't spook prospective clients. I know when I'm doing product or service research and I come across mistakes in grammar or typos it does make me think twice about how legitimate and professional the business is.

"We can say that the reversibility of the temporary smp is subjective and more sessions will be done and less it will be reversing."

https://www.mens-ink.com/en/temporary-scalp-micropigmentation.php

Edited by ciaus

2 hours ago, ciaus said:

Thanks for the reply, very interesting about the dote size and duration.

I appreciate the honesty here. And I believe this is your website below. On the english translation version of the site the page linked below seems to be trying to communicate that, but the wording is off.  The meaning below appears to indicate that the more sessions you get the more difficult it is to reverse it. A better wording would be something like "the more sessions you get the less reversible it will be." If it's not your site sorry, but if it is I hope you'll consider getting it fixed so you don't spook prospective clients. I know when I'm doing product or service research and I come across mistakes in grammar or typos it does make me think twice about how legitimate and professional the business is.

"We can say that the reversibility of the temporary smp is subjective and more sessions will be done and less it will be reversing."

https://www.mens-ink.com/en/temporary-scalp-micropigmentation.php

Yes, it is our website (even if we are updating it).

What we mean is exactly what is written on the website, I try to explain it: the temporary tricopigmentation tends to reabsorb and disappear so it is true that in many cases it will disappear without a trace. Many cases but not all.

What many practitioners do not say is that if a dark pigment is used or if the treatment is done to a greater depth or if it is retouched several times, the pigment will not completely disappear in many cases. So it is not correct to say that temporary tricopigmentation is totally reversible in all cases regardless of how much it is retouched or how dark it is.

We therefore emphasize that the treatment is really temporary only if it respects these characteristics: a few sessions and a pigment of a color that is not dark. We think that the best choice is permanent tricopigmentation, we perform permanent tricopigmentation in 95% of cases and temporary tricopigmentation in 5% of cases. That 5% go permanent after the first 1-2 sessions.

I hope I explained myself :)

Mirko

Men's Ink Staff

Edited by MirkoMensInk
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 7:07 AM, MirkoMensInk said:

Hello,

I used a 0,30 mm needle.

Mirko

Men's Ink Staff

Would you use same needle size you used here in buzz fade,   as you would for smp for density with longer hair?   

Yesterday

It looks soo natural and so much better than before !!

I might contact Mirko to do a small third session for the lower part we’re we barely touched it and will probably add some more BHT to it as well. Why not.

AE583207-D373-4C3A-94EA-6DC5A25CB9F8.png

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

@mustangthere is no one in the world (outside of the most 'hardened hair transplant nerds') that will ever pick that you have had FUE or any FUE scaring. Maybe do that third SMP final session (which is common place for SMP) but I honestly believe you don't need anymore surgery. It looks great man and I'm extremely happy for you! 👍

• Like 4

Thanks man. In person I can't even tell, it looks totally normal and dense. Quite astonishing.

This said, I LOVE surgery, I love local anesthesia, needles, grafts being extracted and even the pain and I am a perfectionist so maybe I'll do another BHT pass

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mustang said:

Thanks man. In person I can't even tell, it looks totally normal and dense. Quite astonishing.

This said, I LOVE surgery, I love local anesthesia, needles, grafts being extracted and even the pain and I am a perfectionist so maybe I'll do another BHT pass

Hey Mustang,   you Def are a perfectionist,   and your results are looking perfect.  

I'm assuming you had good results with BHT since you're up to do another pass.    Did you ever post pics of your BHT?  I just had a consult yesterday for BHT and the Dr made me nervous about scarring and ingrown hairs.   

2 hours ago, mustang said:

I did, I have an entire thread about it here on the forum!

BHT is not for every doctor, there are only a handful in the world that perform it well.

Found it...     

You really tackled your donor area wisely to cover the fue scars.     Nape/beard hair and now smp.    It's no wonder you got amazing results.   👍👍

Its hard to find a good surgeon that does BHT without flying overseas.    There's a Dr here by me in nyc that does have experience with BHT.   

Edited by Etownone