Why I'm Not Taking Finasteride *My Current Hair Loss Regimen

Melvin- Admin

Dr Shapiro sources to farmacia parati which is where I get my topical liposomal fin. I've been minidosing (1mg worth of solution 3x/week) with that, and I have been getting results (DM me for pics), but at the same time I changed my microneedling length from 1.0mm to 1.5mm, so I can't isolate it the cause completely. I'm someone who got sides with oral fin, even at 1mg/week. 

Microdosing seems promosing. Looking at the chart, even a 1/16th dose decreased DHT by 25%.  I might decrease my topical frequency even lower to 1x or 2x a week, even though I'm not getting sides, just because I don't feel anything doesn't mean something else isn't going on; DHT is used in a lot of other different biological functions. 

There was a study on reddit that showed that much less of topical goes systemic compared to oral

https://old.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/q83pff/new_topical_finasteride_study_oct_2021/

I saw the video by Hassan. He seems to been putting a lot of research into this. He mentioned that topical dut has no sides effects? I wonder how that works, since fin only effects 1 enzyme, but dut effects that and another one as well. I saw on the FUE clinic website that since it has a higher molecular weight, it doesn't get absorbed below the skin as easily. 

farmacia parati also does topical dut btw. 

Edited by HairRun

How do u microdose that farmacia parati solution? Their weakest strength is 1%? That would be equal to 10 mg when u do 4 clicks. Which u need in order to actually cover your scalp. Just curious?

Edited by Style22

On 10/9/2021 at 7:30 PM, Gokuhairline said:

where do we get it ?

Macdonalds pharmacy, right beside H&W.. currently there is a 4.5 month wait for first order.. mine just got mailed a few days back, so waiting for it to arrive any time..  (I am a patient of Dr W, and my understanding is that only their patient get it (unless they changed that)

fyi.. I am (was) a NW6/7, and Dr W thought it will be beneficial for me... ( I also started taking oral minox post HT)

Edited by InTheSix

8 hours ago, Style22 said:

How do u microdose that farmacia parati solution? Their weakest strength is 1%? That would be equal to 10 mg when u do 4 clicks. Which u need in order to actually cover your scalp. Just curious?

10mg? wow, I was assuming something like 1mg. So there's like 100mg of fin in a bottle? How did you figure this out? I was looking at my bottle but it doesn't have any info on total mgs

7 hours ago, HairRun said:

10mg? wow, I was assuming something like 1mg. So there's like 100mg of fin in a bottle? How did you figure this out? I was looking at my bottle but it doesn't have any info on total mgs

How you get 1 ml equals 1 gram.

1000 mg per gram. Multiply 1000 mg by .01 which is 1%. Equals 10 mg. 😳 

2 hours ago, Style22 said:

How you get 1 ml equals 1 gram.

1000 mg per gram. Multiply 1000 mg by .01 which is 1%. Equals 10 mg. 😳 

Wow, I didn't realize it's that much. Funny, I have much less side effects 60mg 3x/week than 0.33mg/week oral fin. 

I am looking at this again
https://old.reddit.com/r/tressless/comments/q83pff/new_topical_finasteride_study_oct_2021/

" peak plasma levels on topical finasteride were 100x lower"

So that might be it. 60mg/week /100x -> .60 mg /week eq peak plasma levels. 

Switching to 1x per week would give the eq of .20mg/week, or .10mg/week if using 1%. 

There are others who use even lower concentration. California Specialty Pharmacy in Irvine CA uses 0.2% and probably can go lower. But I tried a year and got not much results, but on the other hands, I was doing other stuff differently too, like a lower microneedling length. 

Edited by HairRun

On 10/12/2021 at 4:59 PM, Gatsby said:

I developed sexual side effects from oral finasteride (1mg a day) after about two or three months so I dropped the drug. This was early 2020. A month ago I started micro dosing on finasteride at 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. So far so good. If I develop sides again I will also cease taking it. I have a friend here in Melbourne who developed sexual side effects and clinical depression after being on finasterdie at 1mg a day a few years ago. He has been taking finasteride for over a year now at 0.5mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and has had no side effects at this dose.

Hi Gatsby, how was your friend able to pinpoint finasteride as the cause of their depression?

• Valued Contributor

Well it's possible that he may have experienced depression independent of finasteride. However he has no family history of depression that he is aware of and the depression coincided with the introduction of finasteride and lifted after he ceased the drug.

• Like 1