London to Delhi: 6,009 grafts at Eugenix 02-04 Oct. 2021

H3ri

On 2/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, H3ri said:

These pictures were taken at the 4 month stage on 3 February.

The growth is really beginning to take shape and continue filling out.

IMG20220203122344.jpg

IMG20220203122404.jpg

IMG20220203122357.jpg

The progress is good. Hope you are taking finasteride. 

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 2/16/2022 at 11:47 PM, follically challenged said:

Really excited to follow this one.

Any chance we could see the donor area when you get the next hair cut?

And are you intending to stay on finasteride? 

@folicallychallenged

I should have mentioned that I got a haircut between months 3 and 4. Next time I will take a shot of the donor area for sure. 

I continue to plan on taking Finasteride for the long term. It will keep the DHT levels in check.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LydiaKateEloise said:

Hi, 

Great results, thanks for posting!  

I have a question on the visa process. How long did it take for them to grant the visa and return the passport? We've been waiting 5 weeks and the procedure is in 2 weeks, getting quite anxious. 

Thanks! 

@LydiaKateEloise

My situation would not be comparable to yours. I went during a time when one could only go for medical visas. Right now it's open doors to all including tourism. I'd really get in touch with the embassy/country that you filed it in.

Edited by H3ri

Thanks for all the positive comments. It was very heart warming to read them all and knowing there's people rooting for me. 

I began minoxidil in the shedding phase and now have stopped using it. Only been using for 1.5 months. It's a bit of a faff and sometimes I'm forgetting to apply it twice daily. I plan on taking finasteride long term. 

Any thoughts or feedback on not applying liquid minoxidil twice daily? 

• 2 weeks later...

Here are 5 month shots that were taken today by my barber. 

I've added close up shots of the donor area as well. 

It's really starting to take shape now and getting fuller, thicker and denser. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.52.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.53.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.52 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.52 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.52 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.52 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.51.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-02 at 21.01.54.jpeg

• Like 7

Another Eugenix success! Incredible man -- congrats I can't wait to see where you are at 12 months. We have a similar hair loss pattern, so I'm thrilled to see where this goes. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, H3ri said:

This is looking extremely nice. Hope you're taking finasteride.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

10 hours ago, H3ri said:

Amazing, This definitely gives me hope as a finer-haired patient!

Did the doctor ever tell you what micron size your hairs were..? I'd be interested to know...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, H3ri said:

Mate, that looks stonking for 5 months and you still got another 7+ months to go. Really chuffed for you and hoping to see the next few months too. Right now you could easily shove hair fibres into that hair and give it an illusion of looking close to hopefully a fuller thicker 12 month look. 

I think the donor area isn't looking too bad either. The lower area looks a bit more thin but could be the hair cut playing a part too. 

• Like 1

Having had 6000 grafts extracted at the first go around here, the donor looks incredible! The progress at the 5 month mark is amazing! You can clearly see how the transplanted hair is naturally blending into the native hair and also has that natural direction the hair is suppose to follow. That is the true test the slits were excuted to perfection as the angle and curve of the hair has that continuity to create that indistinguishable result. You had way more grafts than me, but I can promise you'll still have many people that know you, but won't know you had a hair transplant. They will know something changed, but won't be able to nail it down because of how real it looks!🤣

Let the fun months begin!

Follow my Journey with Eugenix and Dr Arika Bansal!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2021 at 6:24 PM, H3ri said:

Having made the trip from London to Delhi, I’m pleased to report that I underwent a 6,009 HT graft procedure with Dr. Arika Bansal and Eugenix across 3 days from 02-04 October 2021.

I’m delighted with the decision to choose Eugenix for my HT and for them working with me. I'm staying in India till 14October to maximise the initial 10-day recovery period.

I look forward to sharing a personal account of my experience and providing updates along the journey.

This thread is dedicated to YOU the reader spanning HRN members, non-members/lurkers, HT hopefuls, and educating anyone + everyone.

Special shoutouts (in alphabetical order) to my better half, Anil, Dr. Arika, Rishabh, Suryakant, and the entire Eugenix team for making me feel part of the family.

*Please note that I will capture an update log in this first post and link to subsequent posts found throughout the thread to provide a singular view of my journey.

Background

• I’m 32 currently living in London and have spent over 12 years suffering from hair loss with a NW6 classification.
  • In the past 2 years I went from a NW3 to a NW6, experiencing dramatic deterioration and it was time to act.
  • After using Nioxin in my early 20s, I gave up and was resigned to the fact that I was unable to stop my hair loss.
  • All the males from my maternal and paternal side of the family are bald NW 6-7.
  • Time was of the essence, the stars aligned for me, and it was time to get the plan in motion and kick it into overdrive!
  • My objective was to do this once in my lifetime, maximise the number of grafts, and recovery quickly in time for my engagement in early 2022.

Research

• I rekindled the interest in my hair around 2 years ago in late 2019 and began researching HT as an option.
  • In my shortlist were several top-rated doctors with documented photo evidence from patients sharing their journey.
  • Quality, consistency, interviews, and costs made up the scoring criteria for decision making purposes.
  • Eugenix credentials for me ranked at the top of my list in the scoring criteria. The overall quality, consistency, aftercare/service, and assured timely responses.

Eugenix Journey (pre-arrival)

My point of contact, Rishabh, was helpful and quick to

• provide documentation for visa application (UK is the old school visa process with India requiring physical documents + meetings and not accepting electronic visas)
  • coordinate Dr. Arika’s time for pre-op meetings and procedure planning
  • pushback HT date by a week to anticipate/accommodate the visa approval dates
  • provide detailed commentary on requests for information and pricing matters
  • schedule and confirm accommodation details
  • respond to questions when they came up and verify blood tests and results

Eugenix Journey (HT across 02 – 04 October 2021)

Extracted 4K from back scalp, 1.6K from beard, and 0.4K from side burns. Implanted 4K in the front/middle scalp and 2K in the crown.

HT Day 1 - 02 October

• Landed 1205 IST on 02 October. Performed the necessary covid PCR tests, immigration, and arrived at the hotel by 0300 IST.
  • Received a call from Eugenix around 1500 to come in that evening for 1900 for planning, hairline design, and slit creation (initially planned for 03 Oct.)
  • Blood pressure and local anaesthesia allergy checks performed by Dr. Anil and got to meet Rishabh
  • Dr. Arika began with the hairline design and checking the available grafts from scalp and beard. Once this was complete a few before pictures were taken and shaving began.
  • The nurse came and gave local anaesthesia to the front of my head and ready for Dr. Arika to begin with creating the slits.
  • The night ended around 2330 with around 3K slits being made.
  • Suryakant who leads the QA took good care of me checking in on me, asking if I wanted water or juices, ordered a special chicken food request, made me feel at home, and even transported me back to the hotel along with the driver to ensure that I was cared for and comfortable.

HT Day 2 - 03 October

• 03 October the procedure start time was on for 0800. I started the day with an enjoyable breakfast at the hotel and made my way to Eugenix with the driver for 0800.
  • Changed into the overalls and began the local anaesthesia. Extraction began and by around 1430 around 2K were implanted.
  • A nice lunch was provided, and we were soon underway, closing the day with maximising the scalp with 4K grafts (estimates were around 3.3-3.5K available) and implanting 4K and around a total of 5K slits created.
  • Driven back to the hotel and had a heavy meal ready for the final day.

HT Day 3 - 04 October

• 04 October the procedure start time was 1400. I arrived at Eugenix and was greeted by Anil who I met for the first time, and we had a run-down of the gameplan for the day and re-echoed my objective to maximise the number of total grafts where possible.
  • I liked Anil’s detailed explanation and attention to care about the days work. Anil then checked to see if I had eaten lunch and mentioned I had not and was not hungry – Anil insisted I eat to provide fuel for the day ahead. I ate a nice lunch and we began.
  • Local anaesthesia was given to my beard and extraction began and implantation to the area prior to the crown and crown areas.
  • Dr. Arika came in to create further slits amounting to over 6K and the extraction from side burns began and implantation to the crown area and mid scalp. The day closed out with a total of 6,009 grafts implanted at around 2110 hours.

Post HT

• A comprehensive aftercare regime is explained and supplied consisting of surgeon caps, saline bottle spray, tissue pads for neck pillow, gauzes, oral medication kit, donor area kit, and a copy of Autobiography of a Yogi book.
  • A 7-day post HT oral medication kit is supplied consisting of antibiotic (3x daily), probiotic (3x daily), NSAID (3x daily), and PPI antacid (1x daily).
  • There is a WhatsApp group that is created to manage aftercare questions as well as provide tips on what’s expected on each day post HT – this is sent via email and on WhatsApp.
  • I go to Eugenix daily for 7 days after the HT procedure and till the completion of the first head wash. Eugenix arrange for a pickup and drop-off from the hotel for daily dressing of the donor areas to apply betadine (iodine antiseptic wash) and fusidic cream (topical antibiotic).
  • I significantly increased my water intake during the HT and post HT to around 3.5-5 litres of water daily.

Day 1 Post HT – 05 Oct

• Everything seemed to be fine the 2 nights before sleeping in a 45-degree angle. A driver picked me up from the hotel and took me to Eugenix for donor area aftercare.

Day 2 Post HT – 06 Oct

• A bit of swelling was present at the top of the forehead and applying cold ice and massages to the forehead.
  • Got to Eugenix for donor area aftercare. Spoke to Dr. Pradeep Sethi for 40 minutes about the Eugenix operating ethos and general chit chat. It was refreshing and nice of him to spend time with patients chatting in a casual and approachable manner. Recipient sites feel a bit itchy.

Day 3 Post HT – 07 Oct

• Swelling at the top of the forehead was present. I was able to follow the PPM method (push, pull milk as Dr. Pradeep Sethi mentioned) and did about 20-25 reps of this every hour or two coinciding with the saline spray to the recipient areas. The back of my donor area felt very warm and felt a lot of heat emanating from the back of my head. Recipient sites feel a bit itchy.

Day 4 Post HT – 08 Oct

• Swelling gone down considerably. The heat from the back of the donor area has gone down a tad and it feels itchy with a light burning sensation.

Day 5 Post HT - 09 Oct

• Swelling pretty much zero, non - existent or minimal. Back scalp donor feels considerably less warm. More movement in forehead now.

Day 6 Post HT - 10 Oct

• Feeling good and normal. Removed all scabs and gave all my donor areas a great wash before going to Eugenix for daily dressing application to donor areas (betadine and fusidic).

Day 7 Post HT - 11 Oct

• Excited as it'll be the first day for the head wash. Feel fairly normal now. 

Vitamins + Supplements + Medicines

• Began Finasteride 10 days prior to the procedure and will continue to take it on a daily basis. No side effects yet
  • Began daily Biotin 10 days prior to HT
  • Daily Vitamin B complex for years prior to HT
  • Daily Opti-Men multivitamins for years prior to HT
  • Daily Vitamin D3 for years prior to HT
  • I will start to take MSM once I get back to the UK. Credit to @Zoomster
  • I will begin Hair Fact recommended by Eugenix after the 7th day

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 00.17.58.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 00.17.58 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 00.17.58 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-09-11 at 00.17.58 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 14.12.25 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 14.12.26.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 14.12.26 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 14.12.27.jpeg

Hello, I too am searching for a HT in India. If I may, could you share whether the procedure was done by Dr Bansal , Dr Sethi or the senior Doctors. Thank you 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This result looks fantastic. 

Could you confirm that there is essentially no visible scarring or problems with your beard area that was used for some grafts? Can you shave smoothly without any noticeable damage to the skin?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been terribly busy and have neglected to provide any updates on here! A lot of life events are happening for me this year - marriage, university, new job, new house! 

I'm going to post a chronological monthly update of the images I have at hand.

• Like 1

Month 9 updates. Shots taken 01 July 2022. My hair is very curly now. I didn't have this before and my donor is not so curly. Might be due to the hair not being super long / grown out / still thin?

I'm extremely delighted with the results. Still taking finasteride daily and the supplements/vitamins as mentioned in my earlier posts. I've not had a haircut in awhile trying as I try to grow out the hair. 

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 1.01.11 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 12.59.47 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 12.59.22 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-07-01 at 12.59.04 PM.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2