London to Delhi: 6,009 grafts at Eugenix 02-04 Oct. 2021

H3ri

34 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Hi Maz, saw your video, looked like really clean work!

Just wondering, what kind of collagen and Hyaluronic acid do you take? Are they combined in pill form? And did you take these before you started fin?

I'm thinking of trying these before Fin and im curious as to what effect it would have. Thanks

Hi @follically challenged, I'm sure you can get the two combined in pill form, but for me personally, I like to control the amount of Collagen intake to Hyaluronic Acid, so I like to take them separately in order properly control the dosage. With that said, here are the two that I take. Collagen is in powder form or pill. I take the powder and around 9 grams daily. For Hyaluronic Acid, I take 250 mg daily. Here are both pill and powder for Collagen, and the pill form for Hyaluronic Acid on amazon. Also, I been using both for over a decade, but started on Finasteride about 25 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K7A2VRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VAZYNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBMPZKD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, MazAB said:

Hi @follically challenged, I'm sure you can get the two combined in pill form, but for me personally, I like to control the amount of Collagen intake to Hyaluronic Acid, so I like to take them separately in order properly control the dosage. With that said, here are the two that I take. Collagen is in powder form or pill. I take the powder and around 9 grams daily. For Hyaluronic Acid, I take 250 mg daily. Here are both pill and powder for Collagen, and the pill form for Hyaluronic Acid on amazon. Also, I been using both for over a decade, but started on Finasteride about 25 years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K7A2VRS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006VAZYNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GBMPZKD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks man.

Two questions:

1. How safe is it? I have heard somewhere that collagen supplements can, for some people, damage kidney function...?

2. If you started taking these AFTER you were already on Fin, did you notice any difference in hair quality / thickness / longevity? Or did you just continue taking them because you wanted to maximise the benefits..?

11 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Thanks man.

Two questions:

1. How safe is it? I have heard somewhere that collagen supplements can, for some people, damage kidney function...?

2. If you started taking these AFTER you were already on Fin, did you notice any difference in hair quality / thickness / longevity? Or did you just continue taking them because you wanted to maximise the benefits..?

I don't want to sabotage @H3ri thread here, so let me keep it quick and concise. 

Collagen is very safe. It is naturally occurring and highly absorbed in the body. As you get older you have less of it, so It is extremely important to supplement it to maintain the building blocks and fibers that hold your skin together. With that said, you never want to over-do a good thing, but research shows even higher amounts of collagen are not harmful. The recommended range for healthy adults is 6 grams to 16 grams daily. If you are in your 20's, you already have a lot of Collagen, so supplementing around 6 grams or less would serve you well. If your older, you be on the higher end of that spectrum.

I definitely saw a big difference in my skin and hair after getting on it, and haven't stopped since. I could grow my hair longer without it thinning out and breaking as easily. Since Collagen increases hair and skin building proteins, for me, it resulted in longer and thicker hair with less shedding. 

I would always advise to speak with your doctor, especially if you have kidney issues, prior taking Collagen to figure out the proper dosage according to age, weight, gender, and any pre-existing conditions.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay in updates and Happy New Year to everyone 🎉😀

3 months in and can definitely see the new hair sprouting. 

I've began applying 5% Minoxidil liquid application as well for about a week now. 

All going well so far. Each day experiencing new growth and I was all smiles about a week back noticing all the new growth in areas I've not had hair since I was a teenager, so definitely chuffed 😁

IMG20220103125846.jpg

IMG20220103125852.jpg

IMG20220103125900.jpg

IMG20220103125910.jpg

IMG20220103125920.jpg

• Like 6

@H3ri congratulations on your transplant and hoping you get the results you want after 12 months!

I noticed you had your temporal points restored somewhat as well.

Do you mind sharing how many grafts per temple point you had transplanted? 

I've been quoted 250 each for mine but i like literally have nothing there, so i was wanting to see how many grafts people are having implanted when they have it done like yours. 

Thanks in advance

• Like 2

Hi @NARMAKthank you. I had around 173-180 each side of the temples. They've gone really long and wirey. Waiting for the density and thickness to come in to see them properly. I should also mention I've had no haircuts to date

Edited by H3ri

1 hour ago, H3ri said:

Hi @NARMAKthank you. I had around 173-180 each side of the temples. They've gone really long and worry. Waiting for the density and thickness to come in to see them properly. I should also mention I've had no haircuts to date

Thanks so much for the reply. I've been quoted 250 per temple. At first i was a little concerned about density, but after doing a little bit of measuring around the area, i think 250 singles per temple could help properly reconstruct them now. Looking forwards to your further updates. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NARMAK said:

Thanks so much for the reply. I've been quoted 250 per temple. At first i was a little concerned about density, but after doing a little bit of measuring around the area, i think 250 singles per temple could help properly reconstruct them now. Looking forwards to your further updates. 

@NARMAK Trust in Eugenix and tell them your concerns where they will listen and provide real solutions/feedback in the initial photo screens. Once you're happy then move ahead <> a lot will be easier to do on the day up front and close by Dr. Arika.

I checked your post + images to compare them to mine pre-HT. Based on the figures they'll be putting in 44% additional temple grafts. 

1 hour ago, H3ri said:

@NARMAK Trust in Eugenix and tell them your concerns where they will listen and provide real solutions/feedback in the initial photo screens. Once you're happy then move ahead <> a lot will be easier to do on the day up front and close by Dr. Arika.

I checked your post + images to compare them to mine pre-HT. Based on the figures they'll be putting in 44% additional temple grafts. 

Thanks for taking time to look at my post. That's actually really great of you. I've been in touch quite regularly with the consultant from Eugenix with my questions i felt they could answer. 

My main focus now is probably talking to patients like yourself, just so i know how that process worked. I'll be flying from the UK and just getting everything in order, Visa, flights, hotels and stuff like blood tests for an appropriate amount of time is now what i'm looking to figure out. 

Then hopefully make the deposit and book. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Progressing nicely, this is gonna be a case to follow for anyone with fine hair, gonna be a homerun. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.