To those with Fue around some years ago who buzzed their hair short

Rooter

Hi all,

Day 11 post op and most scabs came off already. A bit shocked how light this all looks (4000 FUE) and the stark contrast to native hair - the dark scabs of course gave an additional illusion of density the past days but with them gone now it appears really thin. Will this be the more or less final look if I decide to buzz cut around this length at a later stage 1-2 years post op ? Broad daylight Foto.

I kinda like the short look that's why I ask.

Shedding hasn't really started i think at 11 days post op, havent seen hairs in my bed or shower (aside from a few along with scab cleaning)

I doubt this will become more dense / thick as those are the "original" donor hairs which where mature i think?

I also wonder where my native hair went 😂, i wasn't nw7 before 

Sorry if a stupid question, just interested in what to expect. If it stays like this i can do another one or SMP 

PXL_20211003_105935369.MP.jpg

Looks like you have healed very well and everything looks cleanly done.  I didn't experience any shock loss but many do.  Those hairs will return over time of course.  Be patient and you will be pleasantly surprised in about 3-4 months.  Send us more pictures throughout your journey.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 10/3/2021 at 5:14 AM, Rooter said:

A bit shocked how light this all looks (4000 FUE) and the stark contrast to native hair - the dark scabs of course gave an additional illusion of density

This is correct.  A follicle is nowhere close to the diameter of a graft scab.  Transplanted hair will always be thinner than native hair (if it hasn't thinned).  This is why a certain length is needed for the "illusion of density" to take effect.  Shave it down if you like, but the transplanted hair will not match the density of your lateral humps. 

• Thanks 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group