Shock loss

Clark st

I have heard that it can be from 6 months to a year. Some people start using propecia few months before surgery to reduce the chances and impact of shock loss.  Are you facing a serious shock loss. Is it near donor or recipient or general scalp.

Honestly, I never experienced any discernible shock loss.  It doesn't happen to everyone but if it does, its perfectly normal and will grow back.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

On 9/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, TEXAN35 said:

I have heard that it can be from 6 months to a year. Some people start using propecia few months before surgery to reduce the chances and impact of shock loss.  Are you facing a serious shock loss. Is it near donor or recipient or general scalp.

Yes lots of it in the recipient area and it won't stop

On 9/25/2021 at 7:07 AM, JohnCasper said:

Honestly, I never experienced any discernible shock loss.  It doesn't happen to everyone but if it does, its perfectly normal and will grow back.

Any idea of how long it generally sheds for after a transplant?

On 9/24/2021 at 9:35 PM, TEXAN35 said:

Its getting worse.  I started seeing it around week 2 ,and I'll be at week 3 this friday.   Just hoping for the holidays i still don't look like a science project

On 9/25/2021 at 8:07 AM, JohnCasper said:

We’re you on fin the entire time?   Min also?   Prp?  Trying to determine  your secret.   

12 hours ago, Clark st said:

Its getting worse.  I started seeing it around week 2 ,and I'll be at week 3 this friday.   Just hoping for the holidays i still don't look like a science project

To be honest you may probably still be in ugly duckling phase during the holidays (a phase where transplanted hair is gone and may have shock loss ) usually between 1-4 months. Maybe a concealer like derma match will help.

Not sure if you had any of this in your routine (Finasteride, minoxidil, biotin, nizoral). For some it helps add volume but takes 4-6 months to have visible impact.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Clark st said:

Keep in mind b4 my ht i had a goodnhead of hair.  Receding, nw1 at worse , and some thinning.  I did it to boost up my thickness and stop the Receding .  Week 2 - 3 i lost a BUNCH  of hair. 

Edited by Clark st

It's perfectly normal. :)
Having shock loss so soon means that your hair will grow back sooner rather than later.
Most people say shock loss is between 4-8 weeks and hair growth begins by the second month.

Check out this guys 7 weeks vs 3 months;

Edited by SeanToman

Everything looks normal.  Yes..you will experience plenty of small pimples over time.  Just let them take a normal healing process and refrain from "messing" with them.  Occasionally you will have a difficult one but most will come and go in a few days.  That redness on top will stay with you for several weeks.  It's perfectly normal and indicates "percolation" under the skin.  Looking forward to your updates each month or so.  Happy growing.

• Thanks 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.