What is realistic?? My expectations

BlokeFromStoke

Latest updates, still not sure if to expect to much more growth? Not getting my hopes up, but looks promising.

2 things

1.) @Melvin- Moderator thanks for your YouTube videos!! I know it's not apples to apples, as your talking about sparseness after transplants, not meds. But knowing things are never perfect, settles the mind.(the looking weekly and thinking is this it? I would have thought is the same)

2.) @DrTBarghouthi @Doron Harati I think I owe you both an apology! Having consultations, but being in limbo of will things/won't things improve. If indecisiveness or just general being a bit of a  kn*b from not knowing what to do, I'm sorry.

IMG_20211207_191139.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlokeFromStoke said:

Latest updates, still not sure if to expect to much more growth? Not getting my hopes up, but looks promising.

2 things

1.) @Melvin- Moderator thanks for your YouTube videos!! I know it's not apples to apples, as your talking about sparseness after transplants, not meds. But knowing things are never perfect, settles the mind.(the looking weekly and thinking is this it? I would have thought is the same)

2.) @DrTBarghouthi @Doron Harati I think I owe you both an apology! Having consultations, but being in limbo of will things/won't things improve. If indecisiveness or just general being a bit of a  kn*b from not knowing what to do, I'm sorry.

IMG_20211207_191139.jpg

Not at all Sir. I have sent you a message to clear out few things and I hope this makes it a bit clearer to you 🙏🏻

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 2 weeks later...

So update,

I have decided to go ahead with a transplant (fingers crossed, even with the Omicron madness, on the 28th). 

Where? Vertex (Dr Barghouthi)

Why Vertex? Not even for the results (which look great). But for Dr Barghouthi himself! I wanted a transplant, but he was one of only two surgeons, to say wait for the meds. He could have easily said "Yep, come tomorrow!". However he was reluctant to operate, before we saw the full extent of what minox /fin can do. Meaning he's not in it for the money. He's trying to save as much of my doner as possible. He's not trying to enhance the before and afters photos, with the boost from medication. Also Dr Barghouthi was one of the only people, to listen when I was talking about what I wanted/expected not telling me what would be done.

Why not wait even longer? 1 there is likely to be travel disruption in the new year/spring. No official word, but I believe another lockdown or enhanced restrictions will be in place.

2 while I've made great progress, there is no sign of growth in the temples. I fully expect the rest to thicken, but my hairline will still be aweful. Also no one can predict the improvement, 5new hairs or 5000new hairs🤷🏻‍♂️. Where as at least a transplant will be concrete.

On a side note,anyone who thinks about contacting Doron from HDC. Go for it! He was always there and will answer questions, stupid or not. He even adviced me and wished me luck when I said I was going elsewhere. I can't fault the man!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So big update..

Arrived in Amman on the 28th. Was met at the airport and straight through no problems. Taken to the st.regis hotel(lovely place!). Woke up the next morning to have my hairline done. Honestly I can't tell you how excited I am after waking up and looking in the mirror! Not just Dr. Barghouthi but the whole vertex team are amazing. You never have to worry about a thing, everything is sorted for you. More than that, it just has a great atmosphere.

Now for the bit you probably all want to see 29th Vs this morning. Some slight swelling, not just I have a 5 head😂 (1994 grafts moved so far and part 2 today)

IMG_20211229_093349.jpg

IMG_20211230_074622.jpg

IMG_20211230_074628.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BlokeFromStoke said:

(Yesterday) Another day another 2014grafts, so roughly 4000 total. Crown fixed and behind the hairline strengthened. Unbelievably, donor is basically, just looking like I just had a bad haircut with the odd scab!

IMG_20211231_092947.jpg

IMG_20211231_093005.jpg

IMG_20211230_174237.jpg

Looks really clean! :)

Day 5 post op: quick update

Scabs have started to dislodge themselves when applying saline or washing, and redness is almost gone. Looks like healing is going well.(excuse the funky haircut hahaha)

No denying Dr Barghouthi is a skilled surgeon, but credit to the whole team! Honestly chuffed with result so far, scabs/swelling and all. I can see the potential and can't wait for the results!!! It's strange even now, you go out in public but hold yourself differently. I don't know if it's because, I feel I've took a bit of control back or I can imagine what's coming 🤷🏻‍♂️. Either way, got a spring back in my step.

IMG_20220104_053602.jpg

IMG_20220104_053512.jpg

• Like 1

1 week update: The itchiness is real! Swelling basically done but has left slight yellowish bruising. Scabs are almost gone. Some hair has shed too(just small single hairs no grafts) but all in all looks good. Just preparing myself for the ugly duckling phase. I know it's coming, but doesn't make the wait any better.

On a side note watching Witcher season 2 with recovery. Sat with equal parts envy nd inspired, by amount of long ginger haired characters, roll on when this grows!

IMG_20220106_074551.jpg

IMG_20220106_074130.jpg

IMG_20220106_074126.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks amazing, though I think you should get rid of those bloody scabs. Try to soak it with conditioner and gently rub them off. Process takes about 30 minutes.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Work looks great, looking forward to following your progress!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

@Melvin- Moderator hi Melvin, exactly what I did on day 7. After watching one of your videos funnily enough! They came off straight away.    Looks like you have a good result in progress of your own, good luck. Least we got each other as company for the ugly duckling phase, with the op timing being so similar.

@aaron1234 cheers, aren't we both. Be good see how it turns out but a long wait yet.

Hello,

i hope you’re keeping well. That’s the stage that no one likes I know. Hopefully it will all be over soon. Everything else going well I hope. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Week 3 update: lots of shedding but some hairs holding on. There are even some transplanted hairs, late to the party just coming through. Overall definitely not my best look ever but found myself caring less and less. Cleared to restart minoxidil tomorrow so hopefully will speed things up🤞🤞

IMG_20220119_054303.jpg

IMG_20220119_054307.jpg

Edited by BlokeFromStoke

Quick bit of good news. Today I took a picture and noticed how much vellus hair was already in the recipient area! Loads of blonde hairs. Should I take this as a sign I'm ahead of schedule🤔????Yes normally it takes months and months. But look at how quick I had a response to fin/min October/November/December results

Screenshot_20220130-071512.png

IMG_20220129_191557.jpg

Screenshot_20220130-075607.png

Edited by BlokeFromStoke

On 2/9/2022 at 1:52 PM, BlokeFromStoke said:

Week six and seems to be going well! Photos from the better side. Obviously anything in the temples is Dr Barghouthi's handy work as they were bare beforehand.

About six more weeks and your hairs are really going to start sprouting in high gear. Along with the dafodills and other various spring flowers! :D