I'm Getting Another Surgery *UPDATE

Melvin- Admin

• Administrators

• Like 13

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Congrats on your marriage!

Thanks man I appreciate it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Congrats on the marriage and future HT, Melvin! Wish I had that beard! 😎

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming support I appreciate all of you guys 🙏🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, Parasol said:

Melvin congrats man. Thanks for everything you do. What an exciting time!!! 

Thanks man, it’s been 5 years since my last HT, but all of the old feelings are coming back, excitement, I’m sure I’ll struggle with doubt, and everything that comes with surgery I’ll be as transparent as possible with everything.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, cambro said:

Congratulations @Melvin- Moderator for both,

I recently noticed you don't use Fin, what kind of medication do you use?

Any plans on changing this in future?

All the best for your HT. Looking forward to your results.

Cheers😊

Topical and oral minoxil, nizoral and azaleic acid it's a mild 5-alpha reductase inhibitor.

View my thread

Hi Melvin

I'm having my second consult tomorrow with Eugenix, I had my first consult a few months ago. I was going to wait until I was done with my college degree program, but if all goes well I plan on doing my HT during the end of the fall semester so it will be right before Christmas and I'll probably stay until the first week of January before returning back to the U.S.

It would be cool if we both had our HT's at the same time period. Are you going to get the Med Visa? It seems like it will take some planning to organize the trip and everything.

I'll def be wearing a hat when my last college semester starts, but I really am done with waiting to get this HT done. I saw your instagram live with the doctors. It was helpful in giving me additional trust in Eugenix. Besides,  I've never been outside the states yet. 

I'll let you know how my consult goes tomorrow, maybe we can connect if things progress with Eugenix.

BTW I'm not new to this site, I was on here quite a few years ago, but I was signed up under a different email I no longer use. 

Edited by Ronnie

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hi Melvin

I'm having my second consult tomorrow with Eugenix, I had my first consult a few months ago. I was going to wait until I was done with my college degree program, but if all goes well I plan on doing my HT during the end of the fall semester so it will be right before Christmas and I'll probably stay until the first week of January before returning back to the U.S.

It would be cool if we both had our HT's at the same time period. Are you going to get the Med Visa? It seems like it will take some planning to organize the trip and everything.

I'll def be wearing a hat when my last college semester starts, but I really am done with waiting to get this HT done. I saw your instagram live with the doctors. It was helpful in giving me additional trust in Eugenix. Besides,  I've never been outside the states yet. 

I'll let you know how my consult goes tomorrow, maybe we can connect if things progress with Eugenix.

BTW I'm not new to this site, I was on here quite a few years ago, but I was signed up under a different email I no longer use. 

Welcome to the forum Ronnie, we’ll be getting our HTs around the same time. I look forward to meeting you, it’s always nice to see another forum member in the chair. @MazABand @Zoomsterhad theirs roughly the same time, they got to hang out. As for the Visa, I’m not sure. I will ask the clinic for more information.

View my thread

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Gokuhairline said:

can you share more on the azaleic acid topical or shampoo you are on ? did a quick google and found some interesting articles....

I’m using minoxidil max 15% minoxidil with Azaleic acid

View my thread

• Moderators

Congratulations on getting married. I didn't know you were engaged. You have plenty of beard hair to use and since you have a thin base of scalp transplanted hair on your crown, it should all blend in together very nicely. Transplanted beard hair starts growing out a bit more kinky than scalp transplanted hair, but it eventually softens up a lot. It just takes a bit longer. Scalp transplanted hair takes maybe 18 months to really get that softness back, but beard hair will take another 6 months to a year longer to get to the same level. Good luck with both the marriage and the next hair transplant!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

First of all best of luck with your hair transplant! You deserve the best having helped so many people. :)

I have a question for you as I am somehow in a similar situation I have got two HT with around 5500g so far. I am 40, I take finasteride and I have approximately 2500g left who would solve my problem once and for all with density around 40-45g in all the head, BUT they are the last grafts I have. I am confused on whether I should take the final step or keep the last 2.500g (my density now is around 37g average) for the future in case something happens even though I am on finasteride. 

Have you thought of the above? Have you decided to give all you got, having the risk that something may happen in 20 years and you wont have grafts available? 

I am interested to hair how you tackle these thoughts, taking into consideration you also don't take finasteride. 

Many thanks Melvin! 

Edited by Kharmacoma