Irestore Laser hair and Scalp massager

deadman

Hello ,

I found these products on amazon Canada and would like to know if anyone is happy with the results and worth buying it.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07Z8Y47HF

and

https://www.amazon.ca/iRestore-Laser-Hair-Growth-System/dp/B01B29PCUU/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, 24th Feb 2023

• 3 months later...

There supposedly is clinical evidence to support laser caps in possibly halting and even regrow some hair, although I am not aware to what extent and how much rigorous research has been done. I know irestore has 2 types of laser caps with one being stronger. I would only purchase the strongest one.

Seems as if some people have reversed some or a lot hair loss with scalp massages and/or microneedling but do not know the efficacy of the product you present.

I am on finasteride and minoxidil oral 5mg daily with goal of halting progression of hair loss and keeping my donor strong. I also use a laser cap.

I personally would NOT use the irestore and scalp massage as a stand alone treatment unless I could not take finasteride and/or minoxidil. I would only use them as an adjunct treatment.

Remember that once the hair has miniaturized it is likely gone for good, so make sure that you give yourself the best chance in the fight.

Pardon me if I am preaching to the choir :).

Hope this helps!

The original LaserCap is one of the most widely copied technologies in the world. Many of these can be found online for low prices.  They look similar but you should try to avoid them for many reasons.  These are typically low strength, poor quality and frequently malfunction or break down after a short period of use.  None of these copies carry any type of warranty.  LaserCap Pro, which is the unit I use, is prescription strength, carries a lifetime warranty.  It works with pulsed wave light emission. This allows the laser diodes to cool during each treatment. This allows for higher levels of energy without excessive build up of heat. This unit is discreet and fits right under a baseball cap. There were studies done on this particular laser and is by physician only.  I've had this unit now for 5 years and works for me.  

When comparing the dose of energy per treatment, no cap comes close.  Most will provide less than 1 J/CM squred. LaserCap provides 4. 

Most people, I find, are very opinionated when it comes to their modalities of choice.  "If it works," I say, "keep doing it!"

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, great devices! I think they are very useful considering that they have many positive reviews and buyers. But before you buy them, I think you should find out if they fit your needs and do not have certain contraindications. Honestly, I prefer to buy beauty devices from specialized offices and insured manufacturing companies. I have one right in town, and it's convenient for me to shop there. Also, there I found the best ipl hair removal device.

Edited by Solomider

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I have one of these iRestore helmets also.  I have been using it for a little over 3 months.

It's hard to really judge accurately how much it works or doesn't work.  There are just so many different factors that can affect your hair loss.

I don't think you can really expect to see a bunch of hair growth from these. Probably at best they will just help you to maintain or have a little less hair fall.  That is a good thing though.  It's up to you whether it is worth the cost.  I have a 12 month return window so I still have not decided whether to keep it or not.  We'll see.

I know there are a lot of good reviews on amazon but it's hard to take these reviews too seriously.  One of the only decent reviews I found on YouTube from people that are using the helmet while not taking finasteride or have had a bunch of hair transplants etc, was "Reviewed by Phil."  I contacted him and asked how well he thought it worked and if he had used any other treatments or medicines alongside the helmet.  Phil said he had used the helmet alone without anything else and it pretty much just helped maintain the hair he had and saw less hair fall for about two years.  After two years the helmet benefits hit a plateau and he decided to move on and use minoxidil until a better product comes out.  He said as far as other people he knows who have used the helmet it has been a mixed bag of results.

One other benefit or at least the concept of the benefit I like about these LLLT helmets is they can help with scalp inflammation. I get occasional flare-ups of seborrheic dermatitis.  So the lasers are supposed to be beneficial for this issue.

I will provide an update later as to whether I end up returning the helmet or keeping it.

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2022 at 10:30 PM, Evan42 said:

I have one of these iRestore helmets also.  I have been using it for a little over 3 months.

It's hard to really judge accurately how much it works or doesn't work.  There are just so many different factors that can affect your hair loss.

I don't think you can really expect to see a bunch of hair growth from these. Probably at best they will just help you to maintain or have a little less hair fall.  That is a good thing though.  It's up to you whether it is worth the cost.  I have a 12 month return window so I still have not decided whether to keep it or not.  We'll see.

I know there are a lot of good reviews on amazon but it's hard to take these reviews too seriously.  One of the only decent reviews I found on YouTube from people that are using the helmet while not taking finasteride or have had a bunch of hair transplants etc, was "Reviewed by Phil."  I contacted him and asked how well he thought it worked and if he had used any other treatments or medicines alongside the helmet.  Phil said he had used the helmet alone without anything else and it pretty much just helped maintain the hair he had and saw less hair fall for about two years.  After two years the helmet benefits hit a plateau and he decided to move on and use minoxidil until a better product comes out.  He said as far as other people he knows who have used the helmet it has been a mixed bag of results.

One other benefit or at least the concept of the benefit I like about these LLLT helmets is they can help with scalp inflammation. I get occasional flare-ups of seborrheic dermatitis.  So the lasers are supposed to be beneficial for this issue.

I will provide an update later as to whether I end up returning the helmet or keeping it.

Any chance of an update on this please?

I did return the device, but I don't think it is worthless.  

For me, the results were not visually noticeable after 1 year.  I just got a reduction in hair fall. 

After stopping and returning the device, I noticed that my hair fall in the shower increased back to what it was before starting. That made me question if returning the device was the right choice.

My thoughts on this:

I don't think it is a miracle device or a scam device.

If the cost of the device does not hurt you financially and you are willing to commit to using it 3-4 days a week for a small or medium size reduction of hair fall then this may be for you.

You can try it out for at least 12 months.  Customer service might let you keep it for 18 months as they did for me.

iRestore customer service is easy to work with.  They do charge a return processing fee though.  My fee was 18% of the cost I think.

There is an 'Essential' and 'Pro' model available.  I've heard conflicting info on which one you should get.  

I would maybe consider purchasing another iRestore helmet sometime in the future.

Posted (edited)

LLLT does work but needs 650 nm/5mw diodes. If you dig theough studies(most of which use above spec) the results are very impressive. Most of commercial devices on the market either have too few diodes, can't power them correctly or have cheaper LEDs to save costs. The ones that derms use work but are too expensive.

There's a guy called overmachogrande(his website looks scammy lol) that has instructions on how to DIY your own for a cheap enough price(or you can get him to build one for you). I got him to build my custom helmet with the pattern of loss that I have. I'm using it since December(3 months now) and I would say I have marginal gains. You can expect as much as micro needling or little more. Fin or min would give you way more, but this is side effects free and I don't mind the 20 min 3 times/week time investment.

Edited by 4chanhue

I had a laser from Overmachogrande - used it for 2.5 years.  Zero difference.  It was worth a try.  Frankly, if it really worked longer-term you would see the most respected hair transplant surgeons (not the ones just marketing them for extra cash flow) telling private patients to use them.  Full stop.

They don't.  Just saying.