Jump to content

Picking my 3rd FUE surgeon


Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Well I went to asmed and got 5000 grafts with low yield and Erdogan did my incisions. Maybe my techs were just not good. It's hard to tell though. 

Yeah, I would say that Erdogan himself is still probably one of the most skilled HT doctors around, well, who knows now as it seems he's not really hands on anymore so I don't know if he's as sharp these days/has lost his game a bit, but to put things simply: going to ASMED is not in any way shape or form the same as going to Erdogan for a transplant. Rather, it means you're being performed on by any random members of his large team of technicians, many of whom I'm sure are good at what they do, but there's a difference between good and world class. Like comparing that guy you know who is really, really good at football/basketball and could probably play semi-proffesionally to say Messi or Lebron. No comparison.

There's nothing wrong with being performed on by a small team of long standing technicians of a clinic along with the doctors close involvement, as is the case with someone like Feriduni, as they have been trained expertly and are consistent, day in, day out. If Erdogan was running a small clinic with the same team in this manner then it would be a different story, but his clinic is huge now and has been for ages, who knows who's going to be operating on you. 

So, I understand its bothersome/confusing and it's hard to know who/what to believe as you thought you'd done research in the past and may feel like it didn't really matter, but the key is just to pick a world class clinic who are comprised of a small team at the end of the day. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, I would say that Erdogan himself is still probably one of the most skilled HT doctors around, well, who knows now as it seems he's not really hands on anymore so I don't know if he's as sharp these days/has lost his game a bit, but to put things simply: going to ASMED is not in any way shape or form the same as going to Erdogan for a transplant. Rather, it means you're being performed on by any random members of his large team of technicians, many of whom I'm sure are good at what they do, but there's a difference between good and world class. Like comparing that guy you know who is really, really good at football/basketball and could probably play semi-proffesionally to say Messi or Lebron. No comparison.

There's nothing wrong with being performed on by a small team of long standing technicians of a clinic along with the doctors close involvement, as is the case with someone like Feriduni, as they have been trained expertly and are consistent, day in, day out. If Erdogan was running a small clinic with the same team in this manner then it would be a different story, but his clinic is huge now and has been for ages, who knows who's going to be operating on you. 

So, I understand its bothersome/confusing and it's hard to know who/what to believe as you thought you'd done research in the past and may feel like it didn't really matter, but the key is just to pick a world class clinic who are comprised of a small team at the end of the day. 

 

It’s a shame he switched his business model. Years ago he was involved in all of the transplants and was rightly considered to be a very good choice. That changed around 2018 unfortunately. He was very much recommended in the past, and yes he is a capable Dr. His hairlines are among the best ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

It’s a shame he switched his business model. Years ago he was involved in all of the transplants and was rightly considered to be a very good choice. That changed around 2018 unfortunately. He was very much recommended in the past, and yes he is a capable Dr. His hairlines are among the best ! 

It sucks that I went to him right when thag started happening. That's why I want to be careful about the same situation happening again with a new doctor this time 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I'm setting up a Consultation with konior now. Also, was browsing and saw a very impressive 1600 graft fue result posted recently by a patient from him. Will keep browsing  

Can't go wrong with the likes of Konior - he's just very very expensive and for the price I personally would go elsewhere as he's probably in the region of 3x a solid European option such as De Freitas for example, but he's one of the best there is and I would go to him in a heartbeat otherwise. 

With him, or someone similar like Hasson, you can be rest assured you're not going to run into the same issue as you did with ASMED where business models were shifting. They've been the same for decades and it's not going to change.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JDEE0 said:

Can't go wrong with the likes of Konior - he's just very very expensive and for the price I personally would go elsewhere as he's probably in the region of 3x a solid European option such as De Freitas for example, but he's one of the best there is and I would go to him in a heartbeat otherwise. 

With him, or someone similar like Hasson, you can be rest assured you're not going to run into the same issue as you did with ASMED where business models were shifting. They've been the same for decades and it's not going to change.

 

I'll set up a Cobsult with Freitas too. I look duo round trip flights to Belgium from Phoenix and it said like $350 which is crazy cheap. Are you sure Freitas is as Consistent and well regarded with same results as konior? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Can't go wrong with the likes of Konior - he's just very very expensive and for the price I personally would go elsewhere as he's probably in the region of 3x a solid European option such as De Freitas for example, but he's one of the best there is and I would go to him in a heartbeat otherwise. 

With him, or someone similar like Hasson, you can be rest assured you're not going to run into the same issue as you did with ASMED where business models were shifting. They've been the same for decades and it's not going to change.

 

Do you know how long Freitas wait list is? I just sent him an email too 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

I'll set up a Cobsult with Freitas too. I look duo round trip flights to Belgium from Phoenix and it said like $350 which is crazy cheap. Are you sure Freitas is as Consistent and well regarded with same results as konior? 

Well, Konior has been around for a long long time and is very highly regarded, so on reputation alone, he's hard to match in terms of how highly he's regarded. 

However, in saying that, I think his results are just as good if not better in a lot of cases, and he's certainly regarded as one of the top picks in the world today; easily in the top 5 or 10 of many informed people. 

Have a look here on the Spanish forum for his results and also look into Bruno Pinto and Ximena Vila too: https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewforum.php?f=16

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you know how long Freitas wait list is? I just sent him an email too 

when I last spoke to his rep in march of this yearwhen I was considering him, I was offered a slot in Sep 2022, so a bit of a wait unfortunately. I think Vila was a similar wait.

Pinto had a couple of cancellations the following week that I was offered, but I couldn't take and then the next available was November of this year, so around a 7-8 month wait in the end for him. But he was busy too as his e-mail initially sent me an auto reply saying that they weren't accepting new consultation appointments until Jan 2022 - I thought I would chance it and reply back to see if there was anything they could do and it turns out there was. I imagine my date in Nov was also a cancellation offered to me that I ended up taking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

when I last spoke to his rep in march of this yearwhen I was considering him, I was offered a slot in Sep 2022, so a bit of a wait unfortunately. I think Vila was a similar wait.

Pinto had a couple of cancellations the following week that I was offered, but I couldn't take and then the next available was November of this year, so around a 7-8 month wait in the end for him. But he was busy too as his e-mail initially sent me an auto reply saying that they weren't accepting new consultation appointments until Jan 2022 - I thought I would chance it and reply back to see if there was anything they could do and it turns out there was. I imagine my date in Nov was also a cancellation offered to me that I ended up taking. 

Ok I'm fine with waiting until the end of next year for the surgery 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Konior is like $12/graft for FUE. He's probably top 3 in the world, but that's "money ain't no thing" budget.

In my experience with Dr. K I always ended up with more grafts than the original target number which brought down the price per graft rate.  If the OP only has a few thousand grafts left then he needs to make the most of them. 

  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aaron1234 said:

In my experience with Dr. K I always ended up with more grafts than the original target number which brought down the price per graft rate.  If the OP only has a few thousand grafts left then he needs to make the most of them. 

Do you think I would have a noticeable difference in result going to konior vs Freitas?

Edited by Der3k7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Do you think I would have a noticeable difference in result going to konior vs Freitas?

I couldn't say.  Both are great doctors.  It would be ideal to meet with a handful of reputable docs and see who you feel most comfortable with.  I think establishing a good relationship with the surgeon is important.

  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

I couldn't say.  Both are great doctors.  It would be ideal to meet with a handful of reputable docs and see who you feel most comfortable with.  I think establishing a good relationship with the surgeon is important.

I'll just have to look at a large sample size of results from both and see if the differences can justify the difference in cost 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Curious25 said:

For a case like yours, I’d be focusing my search on doctors who have a track record of being able to make the least number of grafts, go the longest way. 

Yeah I'm concerned with having a very high yield 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Der3k7 said:

Yeah I'm concerned with having a very high yield 

Remember, that "graft survival" rate is not the same as "hair survival" rate. Dr. Bisanga uses the KEEP implanter tool, which improves your hair survival rate. Read up on it here.

https://www.ke-ep.com/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

Remember, that "graft survival" rate is not the same as "hair survival" rate. Dr. Bisanga uses the KEEP implanter tool, which improves your hair survival rate. Read up on it here.

https://www.ke-ep.com/

 

Keep is the tool that Erdogan uses in surgery and I went to asmed. And by high yield I mean a high percentage of the grafts take and grow into final result

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some good points made. You need to find a nice balance between achieving what you will be content with in the short term with what you are going to be able to handle over the long term. Perhaps in your 40’s you’d prefer a denser coverage with a higher hairline, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Have you consulted with De Freitas? I suggest consulting with all three perhaps over video call. The cost and convenience may become the deciding factor. 

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Keep is the tool that Erdogan uses in surgery and I went to asmed. And by high yield I mean a high percentage of the grafts take and grow into final result

Yes, Erdogan designed that tool. My point is that you can have 100% of the grafts take and grow, but not all the hairs will grow. You can implant a triple hair graft and only 1 hair will grow... that is still a successful graft, but a low hair yield.

Erdogan's video shows this in his study in the video. Bisanga also uses this tool and claims this helps with early growth and improved hair yield. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Der3k7 said:

Email response from konior. Wow that's almost $17 per graft 

Oh, hell naw! LOL!

I mean, he's awesome and all but there are WAY too many exceptional alternatives for a 1/3 that price. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...