FUT after FUE?

Whatever101

11 minutes ago, Whatever101 said:

Is it possible to have FUT after FUE?

Depends on the state of the donor, and how many grafts have previously been extracted - there needs to be  sufficient amount of hair remaining in the donor to cover the linear scar. 

4 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Depends on the state of the donor, and how many grafts have previously been extracted - there needs to be  sufficient amount of hair remaining in the donor to cover the linear scar. 

Thank you for the reply.  Yeah I would want to save the hairs that were previously taken by FUE

1500 grafts.  I am 10 months in but it isn't as dense as I would like it and the hairline isn't as natural looking.  While I was good with FUE I just don't want to go through of waiting for the donor area hair to grow back.  What are your thoughts?  

• Like 1

How is your donor area looking ? Personally I would go for round 2 with FUE, 1500 grafts maybe wasn’t enough to give good density. As your already at month 10 now is the time to start consultations with some clinics. Even another 1000 - 1500 grafts would make all the difference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yep.  Originally I was set on my original doctor but am worried of getting the same result again.  I think I'm going to go with Dr. Cooley or Dr. Dorian?   I wish I researched a bit better honestly.

Difficult to tell from that pic what your donor area can give. But as you have only had 1500 grafts taken so far your going to have plenty left. Be interesting to hear what feedback you get from the clinics you have reached out too so far. Are you on Fin/Minox ? You have a awful lot of hair to retain. 

7 minutes ago, Whatever101 said:

Yep.  Originally I was set on my original doctor but am worried of getting the same result again.  I think I'm going to go with Dr. Cooley or Dr. Dorian?   I wish I researched a bit better honestly.

Do you mean Dr Dorin ? Of True & Dorin ? 

10 minutes ago, Whatever101 said:

Robert J. Dorin - I have looked at what he has done on his female clients and they look really natural.

True & Dorin have been putting out fantastic results for 20+ years. I like Dr Cooleys work, but personally think T&D are in the elite category. 

Edited by JohnAC71

32 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

True & Dorin have been putting out fantastic results for 20+ years. I like Dr Cooleys work, but personally think T&D are in the elite category. 

I definitely will be trying to get into True & Dorin.  The only issue is the drive and just planning on driving back after but seeing his results is honestly amazing and seems to have an 'art' to it. 

• Like 1

Just now, Whatever101 said:

I definitely will be trying to get into True & Dorin.  The only issue is the drive and just planning on driving back after but seeing his results is honestly amazing and seems to have an 'art' to it. 

It’s more than worth the travel to get to our desired Dr ! I don’t think you would be disappointed 🙂