Question about hair transplant surgery on July 21

I haven't done much research but getting transplant surgery from Dr. Diep in Los Gatos, California on Wed July 21. I am nervous to say the least. 

1. How soon can I do any office work from home with video turned off and with video on? I have extremely important meeting next day? Usually do people have enough energy and senses to be in meeting next day after transplant?

2. How long before I can wear something on my head to turn on video. My company requires video to be on for all calls

3. They are going to offer AminoFill and A-cell as per the first Zoom conversation. Is either useful or beneficial and worth the extra price of $500 each?

4. We have a family vacation coming up. Usually (I know everyone is different) when can one go out and look like a monster and even spent a couple of hours on the beach?

5. What else should I keep in mind for successful transplant and less anxiety/nervousness?

Thanks in advance for any help/pointers.

Edited by guraaf

• Moderators
9 hours ago, guraaf said:

1. How soon can I do any office work from home with video turned off and with video on? I have extremely important meeting next day? Usually do people have enough energy and senses to be in meeting next day after transplant?

2. How long before I can wear something on my head to turn on video. My company requires video to be on for all calls

You can certainly sit at your computer and do Zoom meetings and any type of computer stuff. The issue is that you are required to use video during the Zoom meeting. If the company doesn't mind you wearing a baseball cap then you should be OK. You don't want to wear a hat all the time too soon after the transplant, but a couple hours on one day is not a big deal.

9 hours ago, guraaf said:

4. We have a family vacation coming up. Usually (I know everyone is different) when can one go out and look like a monster and even spent a couple of hours on the beach?

The scabs will be gone within 2 to 3 weeks after the transplant (usually by 2 weeks, but some people are too gentle and it takes them 3 weeks to get the scabs off). You may still be red at the 3 week mark, though. How long it takes for redness to fade differs greatly between patients, so it's hard to say how long that will take. Sometimes it's only a week, but it can take several months. Generally lighter skin people take longer for the redness to fade. If you wear a hat on the beach you should be OK after the first week.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Thanks @BeHappyfor your useful replies. I am darker skin color (east-Indian brown). I can keep the video turned off for at least 2 days (Thu-Fri) and that gives 4 days after surgery and then I will see how it goes if I can wear some loose hat for a few days.

Biggest concern was will I be groggy or whole face is swollen and I can't sit even at desk or in super pain. Seems not.