Worrying about my crown

I am 21 years old and have been extremely worried about my crown recently. The two photos here show it exposed to natural light facing a window, and the other just in normal light. Do I have anything to be worried about?923FC74D-D8E7-41BA-9CD8-212A0B05AB50.thumb.jpeg.60ab472614c4cc61968f5ab0bf2e727d.jpegD45DB981-C789-4BC0-933D-B92A0A56D490.thumb.jpeg.43b24910361f13c985c9116ddaa2faea.jpeg

Edited by User6257473

Considering the limited images, it does seem you have a full set of hair.  Pls photos of the entire head.

The whirl..........It is the weakest point we all share.  Get a piece of paper and draw a dot.  Start at the dot and draw a line outwards.  Return to the dot and keep doing that.  Each line represents a strand.  As you go around you'll notice that each strand stands on its own.  The hair does not shingle as it does in the front and top.  The other issue is the fact you have darker hair and lighter scalp.  The contrast makes it worse than what it is.  Off hand, and keeping in mind you'll be posting more photos, it seems there is little to no loss.  I would look at family history.  If aggressive, I would consider scheduling a consultation with a doctor and discuss medical therapy.  Propecia, Rogaine, PRP and laser are the modalities we typically refer to when talking about this debilitating condition.  

I am curious, what prompted the concern all of the sudden? Did the girlfriend say something?

• Like 1

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

These are two more photos, both exposed to artificial light as it is currently dark out. What prompted the worry was that I’ve just been feeling the back of my head and it feels like there is less hair, although this might just be the way it parts, I’m not sure.E183A863-A3E8-4EA5-ABBB-B5129B3E81B0.thumb.jpeg.4d109631ee80b275a32fe012a687f262.jpegE1984537-2421-448C-AEC1-05AF1A1050F8.thumb.jpeg.8c0404df01beb3392030da77d953f6c6.jpeg

I don't really think it's indicative of MPB or anything to worry about. Yes, it could be the very beginning signs of a slightly thinning crown, but it's more likely that your crown has always been this way and you've just now noticed it, resulting in you being hyper-aware of it and beginning to worry. If you have any pictures in similar lighting conditions to compare from say a number of years back and it has objectively changed for the worse, then maybe you could say that it has begun thinning. 

Really though, I wouldn't sweat it. You're 21 and have what I assume is a full head of hair. Honestly, stop worrying, get off this forum and go enjoy your life. Keep an eye on things by taking photos in the same lighting every 6 months or so and otherwise forget about it, if it looks the same as time progresses then great. If not, then you've caught things very early and you can intervene with medical therapy and likely still have a full head of hair for a very long time without the need of transplants etc. 

These types of posts are regular on forums and you sometimes see the same person coming back time and time again asking the same question (not saying that's you) and it's really unhealthy; people begin to obsess over an issue that really doesn't exist. You don't want to be that guy, so like I say just keep an eye on things in the background and otherwise forget about it. 

• Like 1

As an add on, if it really bothers you that much and you can't stop thinking about it, go to a reputable hair transplant doctor/dermatologist and get your crown examined properly for miniaturisation, they'll be able to tell you objectively if there is any.

• Like 1

• Administrators

How does it look when it's wet? Watch this video it might be helpful

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Adding to the general consensus here. Your absolutely fine ! And yes you now have pics that you can compare in 6 months/1 years time.

If your still worried then visit a dermatologist/trichologist and/or a Hair Transplant clinic. You would need a examination in person. 
We are just making a educated guess based on the pics you have shared. Without any previous pics to compare them to. 

• Like 3

• Administrators

Take progress photos every 6 months. Same angle and lighting with wet hair and dry. It’s always best to catch it early good luck.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.