Which clinic you would choose? ASMED (Dr. Erdogan) or HLC

5 minutes ago, Quatermas said:

Because for a long time it kind of looked ok and I could style it to my liking but I swear that recently some of the transplanted hair has fallen out. 
I was diagnosed with anaemia which could be the reason and none has fallen out for a month or so. I’m taking iron supplements for it but I don’t even know if it’s the reason. There was no loss anywhere else and I had no other symptoms. I’m considering another (hopefully no shave) HT hence why I’ve signed up here. 

Well, you’re in the right place, here are the doctors and the more "elderly" members who seeing some photos might help you.

The photos are dark and very blurry,  can't see the defect well, can you make some in the sunlight and if you have any (I understand that it's been 7 years) of the pre-procedure?

• 3 months later...
On 7/10/2021 at 4:26 AM, JC71 said:

Unless it’s Dr Erdogan doing the channel opening I would opt for HLC. Although I would also consider Dr Bicer and Dr Pekiner as possible alternatives. 

I just came across this thread and I'm in a similar situation... I have a booking with ASMED in the next few weeks (the Dr Erdogan option). However, looking at some recent mixed feedback from ASMED should I reconsider and try to get an appointment with HLC? The timing of the ASMED appointment is great from me (I have some time off work around this period). I may be able to get an appointment with HLC - if I do should I go with them or wait and reconsider my options?

I reached out to other clinics as well (bisanga, farjo etc.), but due to the short notice it's hard to get an appointment in the next month.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Zeros said:

I just came across this thread and I'm in a similar situation... I have a booking with ASMED in the next few weeks (the Dr Erdogan option). However, looking at some recent mixed feedback from ASMED should I reconsider and try to get an appointment with HLC? The timing of the ASMED appointment is great from me (I have some time off work around this period). I may be able to get an appointment with HLC - if I do should I go with them or wait and reconsider my options?

I reached out to other clinics as well (bisanga, farjo etc.), but due to the short notice it's hard to get an appointment in the next month.

Where do you live? Are you in Europe or the US.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Where do you live? Are you in Europe or the US.

I currently live/work in the Middle East (on secondment) but am based in the UK. I'm meant to transfer back to the UK around early/mid-next year. As such, I am trying to see if I can get a procedure done sooner than later so that I have time to heal and have some hair on my head when I report back to the office in the UK. 

I have diffuse thinning and use toppik... so at the moment people at work here can't exactly tell that I have some serious hair loss (ASMED has told me I need 5000 grafts, HLC have said 4000 - 4500).

Grateful for any views and advice. 

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Zeros said:

I currently live/work in the Middle East (on secondment) but am based in the UK. I'm meant to transfer back to the UK around early/mid-next year. As such, I am trying to see if I can get a procedure done sooner than later so that I have time to heal and have some hair on my head when I report back to the office in the UK. 

I have diffuse thinning and use toppik... so at the moment people at work here can't exactly tell that I have some serious hair loss (ASMED has told me I need 5000 grafts, HLC have said 4000 - 4500).

Grateful for any views and advice. 

If you’re in the Middle East, I would strongly suggest taking a look at Dr. Barghouthi in Jordan. He’s an excellent choice @DrTBarghouthi he’s very helpful on here as well.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

59 minutes ago, Zeros said:

Thanks I will reach out. Would you recommend him over ASMED and HLC?

You're a short flight to some of the best clinics in the world. I was in a similar situation. I was in Saudi and went to HLC and got 4,200 grafts (link in my signature). I'm in the US now, but I would still recommend HLC, especially for larger procedures. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Zeros said:

Thanks I will reach out. Would you recommend him over ASMED and HLC?

Personally, I can’t speak for HLC much, don’t know enough about them, I would consider him one of the best in the middle east. 

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 3:33 AM, MeetYourMaker said:

maybe in 2017. now HLC streamrolls ASMED İn terms of quality. Realized that after following a local Turkish forum for 3-4 months. 

I´ve been at ASMED in 2017 and they totally fuc.ed my HT. They were good before 2017, in time when Dr. Erdogan was more involved in HT...