Which clinic you would choose? ASMED (Dr. Erdogan) or HLC

If you want to get rekt beyond belief then go to some unknown technician at asmed. You’re going to be paying good money for an unknown hand to be working on u.

im giving this advice because I went to a clinic that utilizes techs for extraction and it did not end well for me. Imo one patient a day and the doctor involved in all steps is critical. Asmed is a mill on all counts- 8 operating rooms, erdogan sitting in his office viewing everything on multiple monitors, a hoarde of nurses doing extraction and implantation, a giant team of marketers and “patient coordinators” (meaning you don’t get any interaction with erdogan until the day of surgery) etc

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 5BetaReductase said:

If you want to get rekt beyond belief then go to some unknown technician at asmed. You’re going to be paying good money for an unknown hand to be working on u.

im giving this advice because I went to a clinic that utilizes techs for extraction and it did not end well for me. Imo one patient a day and the doctor involved in all steps is critical. Asmed is a mill on all counts- 8 operating rooms, erdogan sitting in his office viewing everything on multiple monitors, a hoarde of nurses doing extraction and implantation, a giant team of marketers and “patient coordinators” (meaning you don’t get any interaction with erdogan until the day of surgery) etc

Preach!
Asmed is a hair mill and should be betracted as cinik, smile and other fancy turkey clinics

@MeetYourMaker

trust doctors and not technicians 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Personally I wouldn't take anyone that puts Bicer or Demirsoy above ASMED seriously. Put simply, their eyes aren't functional or they certainly aren't using them.  Or put more socially acceptably, they lack good aesthetic judgement. Even off the sole basis of success rate. For hairlines Pekiner appears to do good work, although there's not a huge body of work to go off and as others have said he seems to have a larger than average track record of aborted cases (for better or worse) and there are a number of poor results. I would put Keser who he worked with at a clearly higher standard and Keser also has a broader track record to judge from.  HLC is a world class FUE clinic however they have a range of surgeons. 

For the OP, if you're looking for a megasession that covers the entire balding scalp (hairline/mid/vertex) and graft numbers that are potentially 3k+ I would absolutely consider ASMED primarily. If you're looking for mainly hairline refinement Keser and HLC have earned their strong reputations for this.

I know that as an Asmed patient you're going to defend them but if you read my post and not just how I ranked them you'd see that I said that some of the very best results I've seen have been from them, the problem is that they've also had MANY poor results as well - which I haven't seen from Bicer or Demirsoy. I even said that Asmed seem to have picked their game up recently but I still can't ignore all of those high graft low density results they were churning out. At Asmed you could get a 9/10 result or you could get a 4/10, with Bicer and Demirsoy I'd be confident of getting at least a solid 7/10 without much worry. As for Pekiner I've only seen one bad result(the one where his rep tried to lay the blame at the patient) and a sub-par one more recently, as for him aborting cases personally I see that as being the act of an ethical doctor but I can see how it would be upsetting for a patient to go through. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JayLDD said:

Personally I wouldn't take anyone that puts Bicer or Demirsoy above ASMED seriously. Put simply, their eyes aren't functional or they certainly aren't using them.  Or put more socially acceptably, they lack good aesthetic judgement. Even off the sole basis of success rate. For hairlines Pekiner appears to do good work, although there's not a huge body of work to go off and as others have said he seems to have a larger than average track record of aborted cases (for better or worse) and there are a number of poor results. I would put Keser who he worked with at a clearly higher standard and Keser also has a broader track record to judge from.  HLC is a world class FUE clinic however they have a range of surgeons. 

For the OP, if you're looking for a megasession that covers the entire balding scalp (hairline/mid/vertex) and graft numbers that are potentially 3k+ I would absolutely consider ASMED primarily. If you're looking for mainly hairline refinement Keser and HLC have earned their strong reputations for this.

Is HLC not suggested for wide bald areas? Their primary success is for hairlines only? 

1 hour ago, BLE123 said:

know that as an Asmed patient you're going to defend them but if you read my post and not just how I ranked them you'd see that I said that some of the very best results I've seen have been from them, the problem is that they've also had MANY poor results as well - which I haven't seen from Bicer or Demirsoy. I even said that Asmed seem to have picked their game up recently but I still can't ignore all of those high graft low density results they were churning out. At Asmed you could get a 9/10 result or you could get a 4/10, with Bicer and Demirsoy I'd be confident of getting at least a solid 7/10 without much worry. As for Pekiner I've only seen one bad result(the one where his rep tried to lay the blame at the patient) and a sub-par one more recently, as for him aborting cases personally I see that as being the act of an ethical doctor but I can see how it would be upsetting for a patient to go through. 

Of Asmed do not forget the very bad result of  that patient to whom to which devastated his donor area and tried to intimidate him by having him write to a lawyer telling him that he would sue him instead of trying to help him.  As for Pekiner, I totally agree with you in what you say, the only thing I don't like about him is the attitude of his consultant, but for me, he is an excellent surgeon.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
On 7/10/2021 at 9:44 PM, SD1984 said:

From what I've gathered over time it seems like Asmed was at one point the best clinic in Turkey but then something happened where he was no longer heavily involved in the surgeries and it was more of a technician spot. Not a hairmill but definitely not what it used to be. To the guy who said Bicer or bust in Turkey no offense but that is ridiculous. Dr. Khan Pekiner imo is one of the best if not the best there is over there. 

No offense taken. But I want every available variable in my favour in a procedure (surgery) that is life altering. Hence why my disclaimer (but that's just me).

• Valued Contributor
On 7/10/2021 at 8:06 PM, MeetYourMaker said:

could you explain "stick and place" ? 

No offense. But if you are asking these questions (and it's an excellent question) then you really need to be doing a lot more research into the hair transplant industry as a whole, not to mention which surgeon you will be choosing for your second surgery. There is no rush and there is no reason to choose just one Country for the same reason that I would not choose Australia as one Country. Base your decision on a surgeon/s who turn out a consistent body of excellent work that looks unremarkable on a regular basis. Avoid 'cherry picked' examples for display (on websites. instagram, etc) as most of this industry does to put their best foot forward. Even Eugenix has results that people are unhappy with. There are no guarantees so to limit yourself to a Country, or a budget, only increases your surgical risk profile. Sometimes their is just the 'X' factory that can result in poor growth/scar healing, etc. However you can minimize this with research across the board looking at patient results that you will find on this forum and by the surgeons that they have found to be highly ethical and patient focused. All the best!

• Like 7

On 7/11/2021 at 8:34 PM, MeetYourMaker said:

Is HLC not suggested for wide bald areas? Their primary success is for hairlines only? 

Not for single sessions. They do have very impressive transformations across multiple surgeries but for one offs 3000-3500 seems to be their limit. 

Again, to the sentiment others are putting forth, the fact that people will defend Bicer or Pekiner over ASMED just tells me that unfortunately not everyone in this world is all that bright or willing to use basic senses like eyesight. Its just unfortunate regurgitating of broader forum sentiment rather than any kind of honest informative messaging based on reality. Yes I went to ASMED, perhaps not for some others here but for myself that meant researching thousands (tens?) of results from different clinics and hundreds from ASMED, not simply listening to the loudest, most mentally ill patients or the ones that repeatedly make fake accounts to tarnish reputation. 7/10s on average for Bicer? Time to head to the optometrist. 

For people to suggest Bicer and Pekiner over HLC, well to be completely real they're venturing into new, unfounded territories of stupidity. 

Me personally, if I needed say 2-3000 grafts I'd take a strong look at HLC, beyond those numbers I'd go with ASMED. 

Honestly, I'd also consider Dr. Freitas. At HLC prices I'd 100% opt for Freitas, although I still think HLC is a very good clinic with a long term track record. 

• Administrators

@JayLDD

Your post was reported. I think you can convey the same message without saying people who disagree need to have their eye sight checked. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/27/2021 at 1:19 PM, MeetYourMaker said:

can you elaborate? 

Yes. You choose between clinic, where doctors do all steps of surgery, which has very good reputation, which is not considered a hair mill and from which I have not see any bad result (HLC) with a clinic where "nurses"/technicians do all steps of surgery, or you need to pay more if you want Dr. Erdogan to touch you, which is considered a hair mill, from which I saw many bad results (also I have personal experience with this clinic - check my thread) and which doesn´t want to be responsible to its results (Asmed). For me it is like to compare Audi A6 with Renault Clio. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, miko said:

Yes. You choose between clinic, where doctors do all steps of surgery, which has very good reputation, which is not considered a hair mill and from which I have not see any bad result (HLC) with a clinic where "nurses"/technicians do all steps of surgery, or you need to pay more if you want Dr. Erdogan to touch you, which is considered a hair mill, from which I saw many bad results (also I have personal experience with this clinic - check my thread) and which doesn´t want to be responsible to its results (Asmed). For me it is like to compare Audi A6 with Renault Clio. 

Exactly. Any clinic that does more than 2 patients per day is (imo) a hair mill. When a doctor is not involved in all parts of the surgery that is not a good sign.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Quatermas said:

I went to ASMED In 2014 (hairline approx 2000 grafts) and only a fraction of the grafts grew with the density ending up similar to miko’s. My opinion is that he packed it too densely.

Only my experience...

Yes I would be interested in seeing your case posted in your own thread ? That was quite a while ago, just wondering why your mentioning it now ? As @Egymentions it would be more credible. Thanks 🙏

• Like 1

Just now, Quatermas said:

I’m going to do a thread at some point but I’m not really in the mood to inspect and dissect my hairline at the moment mate. 

Aha ok 👌 that answers my question. 

Edited by JohnAC71