5050 grafts at Eugenix 7/15-7/16

After a lengthy amount of time spent researching,  I am booked in for a two day transplant with Dr. Arika Bansal of Eugenix on 7/15-7/16 for 5000 grafts. I will be sharing pre/post-op pictures and my journey on this thread!

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences on this forum. 

• Like 3

• back2life_45 changed the title to Booked at Eugenix 7/15-7/16
3 minutes ago, singhs_ said:

After a lengthy amount of time spent researching,  I am booked in for a two day transplant with Dr. Arika Bansal of Eugenix on 7/15-7/16 for 5000 grafts. I will be sharing pre/post-op pictures and my journey on this thread!

Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences on this forum. 

Awesome choice 👌 good luck to you sir. Look forward to following your journey 🙏

• Like 1

In addition to having chosen one of the best hair transplant clinics, as he says @Gatsby, Eugenix is one of the best clinics for post transplant assistance, which is as important as the surgery itself.  You did well not to be lured into Turkish hair mills, which promise you stellar results and 10-year guarantees.  Keep us updated.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
2 minutes ago, Ghemarcus said:

may I please know the current packages/rates in Eugenix? or which Doctor to choose.

Have a look at Eugenix's website or better still, contact them direct. They offer a three tier price range from the time when I last looked. All the best!

6 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Have a look at Eugenix's website or better still, contact them direct. They offer a three tier price range from the time when I last looked. All the best!

Got it. as per website, graft package for Super Premium is at the level of Bicer and Asmed (Dr. Koray). Not sure though if its the latest.

Edited by Ghemarcus
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

As I said it's probably best to speak with them direct. However I personally wouldn't be choosing a surgeon/clinic on price as a starting point. That should be the last factor. Melvin has made an excellent video discussing this. All the best!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for the well wishes ! Apologies for the delay in the update. I have been busy at work after getting back to the states from India so I was unable to follow up on my post. 

Today marks 16 days after my hair transplant with Eugenix in India and I have to say that I am super happy with the density and coverage after the scabs have come off, especially looking at how bare my scalp was before surgery(NW 6). In total we were able to get around 5050 grafts(3500 from the scalp and 1550 from the beard).

The Eugenix team pretty much took care of everything while I was in India and the entire experience was a 10/10, the clinic provided some of the best service I have ever received. I wanted to give a special shout-out to both Anil and Dr. Shishir who took wonderful care of me and were super informative throughout the procedure. Additionally, the team of techs was fantastic. If you are considering Eugenix, do not hesitate to book with them! I ended up staying in India for an additional week after the procedure and the clinic picked me up from the hotel everyday for dressing and eventually the headwash before my trip back to the states. 

Day 1

I was picked up from the hotel in the morning around 930 AM . Once I got to the clinic, I was asked to fill out forms and was tested for any allergies to the local anesthetic. Once that was complete, Dr Arika drew the hairline and I was prepped for surgery. I opted for a v-shaped hairline because that is how my natural hairline was before I had started thinning.  The local anesthetic was painful but once that was complete it was smooth sailing. Dr. Arika performed the incisions and the crucial extractions.  At the end of the first day the team was able to extract and implant around 2000 grafts mostly in the midscalp . The rest of the surgery(hairline and crown) was planned to be completed the next day.

Day 2 

I arrived at the clinic at around 930 AM and was given local anesthetic. Dr Arika performed the rest of the incisions for slits, and then an additional 1500 grafts were extracted from my scalp. Most of the hairs that had been extracted were multi hair grafts so Dr Shishir had to cut and make single grafts for the hairline. Once that was complete, Dr Arika implanted the hairline. I am very happy that I went with Eugenix because as most people know some clinics do not have the expertise or tools to cut doubles and triples and people are left with an unnatural hairline.

After that, I was given local anesthetic in my beard area and then Dr. Shishir extracted around 1550 grafts from my beard which were mostly implanted in the crown area. 

Adding pictures before surgery, immediately after surgery, and 16 days after surgery. Please excuse the blur work lol.  As you will see, some of the hairs have begun shedding in the mid-scalp. The donor is also healing quite nicely 

I will be updating this thread on a monthly basis. Please let me know if you have any questions or are considering traveling to India from the USA during the pandemic!

1667269080_blur(1).jpg.14d32f476e56127e3df09cf7e5ccca4a.jpg

IMG_5990.JPG.e5718cca11a6b8c0282a07c30bc1d93c.JPG

blur.jpg.63807474778e0d8c5a7616ebd92a466b.jpg

IMG_6051.jpg.0a0c358a6dba6738a8f9dbb388b0371e.jpg

Current Regiment

• 1 mg Finasteride 2x a week
  • 1 mL Minox daily to be started 30 days after procedure
Edited by singhs_
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

Excellent write-up everything looks clean.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, here is a 5 week update ! 

Feeling like I have shed a good amount and have heard that shedding continues up until the 2nd month. The progress is looking fantastic on my end being so early.  Let me know your thoughts

Also planning to get a PRP session over the next two weeks

image.pngimage.png

Edited by singhs_
  • Like 1