Share you hair loss regimen

JP28

Hi guys, I wanted to create a post where we could share our hair loss routine, what we’re currently taking or doing and what we’ve tried etc… 

I’ll start with me 

-finasteride 1,25mg ED for 13 years now( I started at 17)

-oral minoxidil 1,25mg ED for almost 2 weeks now

-topical minoxidil foam ED on my temple point

-oral castor oil ED 2 teaspoons 

-hair scalp massage ED for 10min with an electronic device 

-hair loss shampoo and conditioner EOD from pura d’or 

-multivitamin, omega 3 and iron ED

I got in my possession a bottle of topical Dutasteride 0.1 that I haven’t used yet so was thinking to add that but still need more feedback.

I’m gonna order a microneedling device this week from dr.pen and I’ll use it once a week.

What do you guys think of stemoxydine, RU58841, alfatradiol?

I’m looking to add a topical anti-androgen to my regimen so any suggestions are welcome 

Thanks 

Here’s mine...

- finasteride 0.5mg every day

- stemoxydine/serioxyl hair densor which I also add 4 ml of pure peppermint oil into the 90ml bottle, massage every night into the scalp.

- Dr pen micro needling at 1.25mm once a fortnight (only had 2 so far)

- multivitamins biotin, omega 3, collagen every day

9 months post HT and very happy with result so far ... so somethings working 😀

• Like 1

No problem.. I add the denser to towel dried hair and I wouldn’t say it made my hair greasy... it actually works well to style it and stops it drying out.

Never thought of using any hardcore topical atm, just trying the serioxyl with the peppermint as a kind of topical.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wojak96 said:

0.5 mg dutasteride (Avodart) ED and 5 mg minoxidil (Loxidil) ED.

For how long have you been on duta? Have you tried finasteride before? 

26 minutes ago, JP28 said:

For how long have you been on duta? Have you tried finasteride before? 

I've been on finasteride 1.25 mg (Proscar) for about a year when I was 21 and didn't notice much progress except maintenance.Now at 25 I'm on oral dutasteride for 2 years and almost a year on oral minoxidil and this was a game changer,hair is much thicker and denser but unfortunately temples receded when I was 20 so no regrowth there but I kept the rest of it...now I'm NW 2.5 and soon should be making plans about a potential HT but we'll see ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wojak96 said:

I've been on finasteride 1.25 mg (Proscar) for about a year when I was 21 and didn't notice much progress except maintenance.Now at 25 I'm on oral dutasteride for 2 years and almost a year on oral minoxidil and this was a game changer,hair is much thicker and denser but unfortunately temples receded when I was 20 so no regrowth there but I kept the rest of it...now I'm NW 2.5 and soon should be making plans about a potential HT but we'll see ...

Thanks for sharing man!

hmmm maybe I should even switch totally to Dutasteride if it’s more effective 🤔 .

Just now, JP28 said:

Thanks for sharing man!

hmmm maybe I should even switch totally to Dutasteride if it’s more effective 🤔 .

To me I think it was,but it really needs time ! Hair cycles are slow especially for miniaturised hairs,so the longer you take the medicine the greater the chances for a better results.But also the sooner you start medication the results are also better,a man with barren parts of scalp can't really expect much unless you went with serious gender changing drugs ...

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kraistoff said:

Hi

i do 1mg finasteride a day and 0.5 dutasteride twice a week.

i try to use nizoral on Saturday 

Hi

thank you for sharing, may I ask you why Dutasteride twice a week? 

I’m gonna get some nizoral and I’ll use it once a week as well, doesn’t cost me a thing anyway so why not lol 😆 

thanks 

10 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

1mg fin, 2.5 mg oral min, 1X topical min, 7.5% fluridil 1x, microneedling 1-1.5 mm once every two weeks 

Nice! What’s your take on Dutasteride? 

2 minutes ago, JP28 said:

Nice! What’s your take on Dutasteride? 

I’m considering adding 1X a week topical duta but later this year. I’ve seen blood work now from a few guys who are applying topical dut, and it shows that the systemic inhibition of dht is only about 20-30% for some guys. So if it’s working at the scalp and only going minimally systemic it has a good chance at becoming the new gold standard. But more time is needed to tell if it’s working for hair, and some clinics like H&W and fue clinic are coming out with some studies by the end of year apparently. 

For most guys finasteride should be enough for maintenance, duta is stronger but with greater risk of side effects too. I’ve seen some good regrowth with duta and oral min from other guys. 

i would consider a topical AA first before dutasteride.. fluridil, cb, ru 

37 minutes ago, JP28 said:

Hi

thank you for sharing, may I ask you why Dutasteride twice a week? 

I’m gonna get some nizoral and I’ll use it once a week as well, doesn’t cost me a thing anyway so why not lol 😆 

thanks 

I was told that twice a week gave people good result when used alongside Fin, so I gave it a go . It’s been 10 months now 

3 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

I’m considering adding 1X a week topical duta but later this year. I’ve seen blood work now from a few guys who are applying topical dut, and it shows that the systemic inhibition of dht is only about 20-30% for some guys. So if it’s working at the scalp and only going minimally systemic it has a good chance at becoming the new gold standard. But more time is needed to tell if it’s working for hair, and some clinics like H&W and fue clinic are coming out with some studies by the end of year apparently. 

For most guys finasteride should be enough for maintenance, duta is stronger but with greater risk of side effects too. I’ve seen some good regrowth with duta and oral min from other guys. 

i would consider a topical AA first before dutasteride.. fluridil, cb, ru 

I’m gonna wait for the studies to come out in this case, I ordered oral duta for now and might switch to topical when we’ll know more about it. 
Like you I kept using topical minoxidil with the oral but only once a day.

Do you micro-needle into the transplanted area? 

7 minutes ago, JP28 said:

I’m gonna wait for the studies to come out in this case, I ordered oral duta for now and might switch to topical when we’ll know more about it. 
Like you I kept using topical minoxidil with the oral but only once a day.

Do you micro-needle into the transplanted area? 

Yeah I just micro-needle all over. https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/ The admin posted an interesting take on fin and duta recently, read the first article. & yeah for minoxidil, I don't really know what dosage could replace the topical use, but I'm also not willing to go higher than 2.5 mg at this time, so once a day application topically should be enough. A minoxidil booster will be coming to market soon too. Also I feel topical duta is the more natural progression rather than oral. The molecule weight in combination of a good vehicle could sitll give a lot of the effect with less systemic absoption, I would try that first. 

Edited by TorontoMan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Yeah I just micro-needle all over. https://www.hairlosscure2020.com/ The admin posted an interesting take on fin and duta recently, read the first article. & yeah for minoxidil, I don't really know what dosage could replace the topical use, but I'm also not willing to go higher than 2.5 mg at this time, so once a day application topically should be enough. A minoxidil booster will be coming to market soon too 

Thanks for the link, I’m gonna take a look a it right now!

Minoxidil booster? Do you have a link for that as well? 

Thanks 

On 7/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, giegnosiganoe said:

Do you have any before/after pics? Considering you started medication at only age 17, I'd imagine you prevented any loss from occurring?

Sorry didn’t see your post, it did and I probably wouldn’t have lost anything had I taken it every day when I started, not that I didn’t want to but it was a pain in the old world and also 13 years ago to get a prescription so I would take it every 3 days, I started taking it every day 3 years ago.

I started oral duta on Friday and will be taking it every 3 days, the other days just fina and once a week I’ll add topical duta(home brew till I can get a liable source) 

only once I stopped for few months and paid the price right away so had to get a hair transplant 3 month ago now. 

Edited by JP28
  • Like 1