How To Detect Undercover Schills and Trolls

17 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Does his name rhyme with slex 🤣 

😉

• Haha 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
17 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Speaking from experience i cant agree. Didnt need to, no but still did. 

I didn’t know that, what a shame. Some of the best representatives like @Raphael84 don’t have to resort to such things. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Absolutely correct!

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 2 weeks later...

New members posting from a position of power / knowledge = big red flag for me. 

Who searches out hair loss forums AFTER they've had an amazing transplant that gave them their hair back?

(are we giving a blueprint for shills and trolls to buck the system here? then again - they will reveal themselves eventually by defending shoddy work without merit)

• Like 2

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Administrators
3 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

New members posting from a position of power / knowledge = big red flag for me. 

Who searches out hair loss forums AFTER they've had an amazing transplant that gave them their hair back?

(are we giving a blueprint for shills and trolls to buck the system here? then again - they will reveal themselves eventually by defending shoddy work without merit)

Schills will always show their true motives. Plus, most are posting with an agenda, so the my will seek out certain types of threads. This thread wouldn’t be on their radar.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Many times they are schilling for their next free procedure!

• Like 1

Gillenator

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Another example of a covert troll is agenda posting. 

Here’s a prime example of an “interested” patient. Posted yesterday “concerned” about the work of one surgeon. A surgeon who’s probably one of the best in the world might I add.

But trolls and shills always reveal their true nature. The aggressive tone is always a dead giveaway. Bumping year old threads that haven’t been active for months, to spread their agenda is another dead giveaway. When simply confronted and asked a simple question, these trolls/shills will either gaslight or go on the attack. “How dare you call me out on my agenda.” Good thing I’ve been on this forum for nearly a decade. I’ve seen it all. Remember this method can be applied both ways, either praising one doctor or disparaging one doctor, regardless it’s posting with an agenda.

• Like 1

View my thread

The underlying motive can always be traced to money…someone trying to gain or cause someone to lose!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

I feel like there are way too many posters with 1 post dropping a review in the results posted by patients section. It's really suspicious when people literally create an account for the sole purpose of creating a review. 

It really just doesn't make sense when you've got guys who go to some clinic who conveniently isn't recommended here and drops a review with one post. If HRN wasn't part of the research process, I really wonder why it's part of the reviewing process.

Maybe some kind of minimum post requirement could help?

Edited by deeznuts

And Melvin will remove their links as well!

• Like 1

Gillenator

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, organo said:

Organo is a Haircare oil, it covers all issues with your hair like (stops hair-fall, Strengthens them, brings back the original color of your hair, regrows hair lost, vanishes dandruff & any kind of fungus clears itching, it made from 100% natural herbs that have no toxic chemicals & artificial ingredients in it, results in guaranteed self tried at hone & very very cheap in comparison to the hair transplant, it's worth a try. contact number  +923374924178 / +923238867608 call SMS or WhatsApp, adil.qureshi0@gmail.com

^  Hilarious that this is posted on the 'schills and trolls' thread. @Melvin- Moderator just bringing this to your attention.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

They do try 😂🤣

You must admire the consistency 😆

• Haha 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Melvin?

Gillenator

Melvin?

Gillenator

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this thread. Actually, thanks for a lot of the info threads, here, in general. I have learned more today than I have in the last few months. I almost fell for one of these low cost mega graft dudes (despite great google reviews). I’m glad I joined this community. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mystery411 said:

Thanks for this thread. Actually, thanks for a lot of the info threads, here, in general. I have learned more today than I have in the last few months. I almost fell for one of these low cost mega graft dudes (despite great google reviews). I’m glad I joined this community. 

Makes me happy to read this, makes my job worth it 🙌🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Mystery411 said:

Great to hear ! Google reviews is a poor source for hair transplant reviews. Thank goodness you came here 👌

• Like 1

• Administrators

Here’s another angle, someone comes on as a “supposed interested patient” and goes on trash a surgeon lol. Not genuine at all.

• Like 1

View my thread

I am just a random dude, an average joe, a run of the mill guy who knows nothing, then writes an Encyclopedia of terminology and dissects results they do not like, bumps what they don't like of a particular clinic and go AWOL when there is an update that doesn't suit their narrative on the case they bumped! Gives compliments, yet always peppered with a negative...It is hard for them to have longevity because posting history is evidence and they all have to use the same routines to a degree..usually faceless also and no surgery ever comes...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network