Is it true that tricopigmentation can't be laser removed?

10 minutes ago, Homeerestre said:

Smp is harder to remove than tricopigmentation. anyways.

Not sure how you make this claim. The theory is that trico is different in that the immune system is able to make it fade away. Nobody has made any claim about how the 2 compare in terms of ease of removal through laser.

14 hours ago, bald-and-bearded said:

Thanks a lot for posting this @yann_k It must have been difficult to endure this. I hope you find a resolution soon. Please keep us updated on how laser removal goes.

Thanks. Yeah it's been hell and it still is. The first three years I was able to more or less hide it by letting my hairs grow back a little and adding some toppik, but I started to lose more hairs on the top and after a while it wasn't possible to hide it anymore. At that same time the ink started to change, from black it turned into to some kind of dark brown in some places and seemed to merge/migrate and form some sort of compact dots. Since the start of 2019 I can't leave the house without a cap and IMO it's not gonna change anytime soon.

15 hours ago, bald-and-bearded said:

@yann_kin that pic 11 months after laser removal, there are some white spots. What are they? And it seems like there is no hair in that region, is it because of the laser?

Honestly I don't know, my skull is so messed up after all this that it's difficult to say what is what right now. I definitely lost hairs in the process, but honestly balding is the least of my problems right now. In fact I would be a very happy bald guy if I could get rid of that.

Be smarter than me and stay safe.

• Sad 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just had SMP removed in August, 2 months ago with Picoway laser. Not only was it painless (after numbing) but it also didn't damage the existing hair.

Make sure to ONLY USE PICOWAY LASER'S if you are going to do this. It is the ONLY one that won't hurt your skin, hair, remove the pigment and it's not a torture. All the other lasers are a no no.

I'll post a picture 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:46 PM, mustang said:

I just had SMP removed in August, 2 months ago with Picoway laser. Not only was it painless (after numbing) but it also didn't damage the existing hair.

Make sure to ONLY USE PICOWAY LASER'S if you are going to do this. It is the ONLY one that won't hurt your skin, hair, remove the pigment and it's not a torture. All the other lasers are a no no.

I'll post a picture 

Why did you have it removed though? It would have created an illusion of density correct?

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 2:16 PM, mustang said:

I'll post a picture 

Yann K DID use pico laser, as he stated. The difference seems to be that he tried to remove TRICO, not SMP !

16 minutes ago, geochelone said:

Yann K DID use pico laser, as he stated. The difference seems to be that he tried to remove TRICO, not SMP !

Even better, trico is not permanent. Easier to remove but SMP can also be removed.