Big FUT - Dr Muresanu - Hattingen clinic hair transplant - Schaffhausen Switzerland

Oh my God. I need to apologize guys. Im not a newbie in HT but I did make a mistake. Dont want to do a third post about density.... I already had two mistakes ffs.... I was rushing forward without consultations. 

I would like to give a final input about my density per square centimeters. Im afraid that I didnt put right graft count when somebody was asking me.

Total surfaces covered - 177 cm2

I talked with Sever yesterday when i came for staples removal. This is the actual size of balding surfaces covered, beause i recently wrote that iz was 155 cm2. 

The thing is that I mentioned that my hairpiece was 12.5x12.5 which altogether gives around 156. But when I counted also the hair that covered my vertex area (I was also using some fibers in the back) iz was like 12.5x15 or around 187cm2.

What doctors actually did, and ofc I agreeded to this, is that they placed my new hairline  a tad bit higher. 

Thats why the complete area of baldnes was bit smaller than before while measuring my balding surfaces with the hair piece on. 

When I was reading last e mail that I got from the clinic I was behaving like a 2 year old kid :D

Actually they sent me an input about zones they covered and not the graft density count. 

@SLA

Sry man ;)

So, this is the final graft count. 

Hairline (which covers some 0.5 or a bit more of scalp) has density from 50-60 grafts per square centimeters

Front part behind that strip is from 40 to 45 grafts per square centimeters

Midscalp - 35 to 40

Crown area - bellow 35

Somebody could find these numbers a bit vague, but thats the way they do it.

So as I stated before, Hattingen clinic really doesn t do these lines before an HT and doctors dont give promises of graft density beause they dont know what yield in the end they will the achieve. 

Thats why they also have a "stick and place" phase where they really put some final touch on areas that seem to ask for bit more grafts. 

But I really want to emphasise that I recieved a better fill in my lateral humps and the outer line of my vertex. Sever told me that the really try to predict to what extent should balding pattern continue to grow. At least for the near future. 

I would Also like to add that I looked at some graft math before I went to Hattingen. 

Maybe somebody will find these numbers given by Shapiro medical group usefull. 

As you can read, these numbers are for NW5 guys (I was one of them, ha ha ;)

https://shapiromedical.com/how-many-grafts/

So my conclusion is that I have a pretty good density in the front and something less for the crown. That was totaly expected. But given the huge number count of 6k+, overall Im happy with my results. 

When you divide 6274 with 177 you get 35 grafts per square cm. If you disperse them on cue ball without using some HT artistry. 

So, probably somebody was polite when he didnt said to me-hey man, do the math first. ;)

Given my numbers and bolding surface I think I can hope for a really good result. 

Edited by gradina22
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 11:40 AM, gradina22 said:

Balding surfaces covered:

65 cm2 front - narrow strip where I now have a new hairline

50cm2 midscalp and temporal humps (Sever told me they really like to always fill in these spots - future changes

40cm2 - vertex/crown

Total surfaces covered - 155 cm2

wishing you excellent growth @gradina22!

The grafts per cm2 should result in really good density on your scalp. Rest assured you have chosen an amazing clinic and in a few short months you will begin to look like a new man!

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress...

• Like 1

Logged on to reply to a private message & saw this. Great choice in clinic - congrats. I don't understand how Hattingen's immediate post-surgery photos are so clean. You can barely tell you've had surgery. I'm heading back there in July to discuss a second with them.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 10:23 PM, SLA said:

wishing you excellent growth @gradina22!

The grafts per cm2 should result in really good density on your scalp. Rest assured you have chosen an amazing clinic and in a few short months you will begin to look like a new man!

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress...

Sory, reposted the new info above with a lot of editing. So you can read about final stand. 

Edited by gradina22

18 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Logged on to reply to a private message & saw this. Great choice in clinic - congrats. I don't understand how Hattingen's immediate post-surgery photos are so clean. You can barely tell you've had surgery. I'm heading back there in July to discuss a second with them.

Thanks Trix.

Loved your story also. 

Well my scalp was cleaned before taking pics but I can also agree that my HT was extremley clean. 

When I see my scalp just right now, it seems as almost nothing was done, except the redness (it isnt that big if I can be the judge of it) 

Edited by gradina22

Hello team. Its a good but super hot day. Chillin in my rented room,hidin,playin ninja, haha. Luckily, there is internet to sweeten the mood. So, I decided to write a small input of what has happened to me in a sort of retrospective way. Its my 19th day post-op

1 post op day

Well to repeat my words, just a few hours after my HT I was feeling down. Lot of thoughts about what I underwent.... etc. 

After hearing that everything went really good at the consultations  I felt a Lot better, but that feeling subsided in the afternoon. Also to add, my voyage from Schaffhausen to a place called Blumberg-Kommingen was stresfull (guy in the train didnt know where I need to go, whatever....) because there is no strait connection-it takes just 20 mins with a car but I was riding for almost 2 hours and changed 2 trains and 2 buses....

Got to my new accomodation, realised I was again alone, no support, just fresh unknown faces around me. I was still feelin pretty low, but ofc not the lowest possible. 

2 post op day

Worst day of all the HT experience. Huge sweling, forehead plus my cheekes. My head looked like rhombus. So much bloodflow, haha. Emotionally I felt a bit better but that concotion of uncertainity with sweling wasnt reasuring. 

3 - 4 post op day

After waking up I felt a lot better, physically and especially emotionally. 

Swelling was reduced. Third day for some 30-40% and fourth day for about 70-75%. Its hard to give an asessment. 

But my sleeping was pretty lousy. I was waking up very early in the morning, sometimes at 5:00 or 6:00. I was still sleeping with neck pillow. That thing binds you to a certain position which is good for grafts but not for a full nights sleep,haha.

Days 5-12

I think my swelling went away completely on day 6, but its hard to tell. Was eating very good. 

I think I started sleeping without 45 degrees slope at day 6 Also. Or was it day 7....

Im sure that the first time I used a very loose baseball cap was at day 7. Didnt really want to overpush it.

I usually didnt feel my strip scar during the day, but did felt it after waking up. Sometimes I was having a small pain at my right side, but it wasnt something to worry about. 

I was still using my neck pillow. 

Day 13

I went to staple removal and another consultation.

68 of these little fuckers were removed. To be honest staple removal was a bit painfull. I had more pain than during the anesthetic needles. But then again, no biggie. 

Doctor took some pics. Will post them when I recieve them. 

Also, they commended me for a good job with shampooing aftercare. 

I think my scar looks really good, and its improving with every pasing day. There was a small wound from staple on the far right end but it should heal nicely. 

Maybe an unusuall stuff for some of you, but they did buzz cut all of my transplanted hair to combat pimples and ensure better posibilities for cleaning (as I understod it). 

Day 15

I went back to my country. Again on 16th I felt worse, but I think it was just because of that stress I had in the bus with all these people. 

Not really sure when shedding of transplanted hair started to happen, but its pretty obvious on 19th day. Had a few passes over with my hands and I can see it, haha. 

I think that more hair comes off from midscalp and hairline region compared to lets say vertex? 

Anybody has a comment? 

Im not dissapointed. Feel pretty good cause this is all part of a process. 

Gonna do a slight haircut on saturday and will keep you posted.

Cheers ;)

Edited by gradina22
  • Like 3

Yo, team

Its the end of my 23rd day. In the morning I had some help with taking pictures. Major part is about scar line. 

Feel free to post some comments/thoughts

Note that I recieved an information that there is some sign of shock loss from gigasesion strip in the donor area.

Wasnt that aware that this can occur. 

You can see some close ups above right side of my ear

IMG-20210710-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20210710-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20210710-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20210710-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20210710-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20210710-WA0006.jpg

Edited by gradina22
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2021 at 6:30 AM, gradina22 said:

Some lousy cam work

But better than nothing

Day 14th of post op. No staples ;)

Tried to take pics with wet hair to show how it looks behind. 

And one with normal dried hair. 

IMG_20210701_152319.jpg

IMG_20210701_152307.jpg

IMG_20210701_152303.jpg

IMG_20210701_152258.jpg

IMG_20210701_152239.jpg

Your donor looks really see through, did the clinic examine your donor for DUPA? 

5 hours ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Your donor looks really see through, did the clinic examine your donor for DUPA? 

Nah man, no DUPA. 

I have very average density. 

One of the reasons why I went for FUT.

Luckily I had great groupings of multiples, especially threes and fours

• Like 1

Ok guys, a bit of help. 

Just want to hear some opinions, especially if somebody is good on this subject. 

So I did an DHT measurement (serum ofc). 

I will post the document bellow. 

Not really sure do different labs have different referent points....

My DHT levels are very low. 72 compared to the lowest point of 300.

I have read that there are 2 things with DHT presence that are undeniable. 

In balding cases there is more DHT present in scalp, and also that stands for the activity of 5 alfa reductase (if Im not mistaken). 

On the other side there are thoughts that is very important how many receptors/or sensitivity one has in his personal case. 

My questions are;

1. If the serum DHT is 72 (in my case) is my scalp DHT level the same? 

2. What do you think about low numbers on their own? 

Any info is appreciated

P. S. My testosterone levels are normal for a 32 year old guy

IMG_20210714_163313.png

1 hour ago, RandoBrando517 said:

What kind of tool did Dr. Murrsanu use to check? 

Well

I dont know man. He checked my donor area with a certain magnifying tool. 

Whatever

I was checked by a few dermatologist before prior to my HT

Nobody said anything about dupa. 

Dont really understand why are you pushing this

41 minutes ago, RandoBrando517 said:

Sorry man don’t mean to come off bad, don’t wanna be a jerk like some of these other guys appreciate you for responding and sharing best of luck with everything 

No problem. 

I also didnt want to be rude. 

Anything that sounds logical is ok. 

I also did micro usb skype conversation with him prior, lets say 2 months before the HT. I think all patients are asked to do this

I dont think that doc would neglect something big like DUPA. 

Im a bit worried with my DHT status right now

• Like 1