Dr. Bruno Ferreira - 2nd Surgery. 2881 Grafts | 6540 Total. NW5a

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

2nd Ht 🤩Woop Woop. We can look forward to some of your awesome videos and very detailed posts 👌 really hope this will give you as good as result as your first Ht. loved following that journey and your ever improving video skills 😉

Appreciate your support John! I've posted already quite a few videos since the surgery on my channel haha

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Work looks great and your YouTube channel is awesome! I also have very similar fue scarring as you. I was surprised because my skin is so white and yet the the scars were somehow whiter. I think most guys that had a fue procedure would be surprised to see how hypopigmented their scarring is if they shaved their head.                                                           
     I use a derminator 2 to micro needle my hairline and temples and decided to experiment on my donor area. After using it three times a month for about 4 months it actually did reintroduce some pigment into my fue scars. The scars are still there but they are improved. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, James5150 said:

Work looks great and your YouTube channel is awesome! I also have very similar fue scarring as you. I was surprised because my skin is so white and yet the the scars were somehow whiter. I think most guys that had a fue procedure would be surprised to see how hypopigmented their scarring is if they shaved their head.                                                           
     I use a derminator 2 to micro needle my hairline and temples and decided to experiment on my donor area. After using it three times a month for about 4 months it actually did reintroduce some pigment into my fue scars. The scars are still there but they are improved. 

First of all appreciate kind words.

Now the most important part - HOLY MOLY. Microneedling improved your donor? I was thinking about such thing for a long time whether it's even possible. David DiMuzio said he had done some "holes" with FUE punch in his recent surgery into his FUT scar and just after 4 days he sais it looks a bit bettern. Of course that's very premature, but it got me wonder...

Do you have any pictures to compare before & after microneedling?

If you're still doing it - keep me updated!

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

2 hours ago, Rolandas said:

First of all appreciate kind words.

Now the most important part - HOLY MOLY. Microneedling improved your donor? I was thinking about such thing for a long time whether it's even possible. David DiMuzio said he had done some "holes" with FUE punch in his recent surgery into his FUT scar and just after 4 days he sais it looks a bit bettern. Of course that's very premature, but it got me wonder...

Do you have any pictures to compare before & after microneedling?

If you're still doing it - keep me updated!

If you're interested you may want to look further into how microneedling is used on the face to treat acne scarring. I'm sure the same principles would apply to donor scars, though you of course have the extra complication of hair all over that area.

I've seen some indication that a good PRP protocol might also have benefits as far as improving marbling of scar tissue, and that may be an option as well. It was used for treatment of injuries long before anything to do with hair rejuvenation.

The thing I've been wondering is specifically how much went into the crown vs the midscalp. Before the second surgery you were thinking you would likely need less in the crown than the midscalp thanks to medication. Did you find this to be true, or did the doctor comment on it?

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

If you're interested you may want to look further into how microneedling is used on the face to treat acne scarring. I'm sure the same principles would apply to donor scars, though you of course have the extra complication of hair all over that area.

I've seen some indication that a good PRP protocol might also have benefits as far as improving marbling of scar tissue, and that may be an option as well. It was used for treatment of injuries long before anything to do with hair rejuvenation.

The thing I've been wondering is specifically how much went into the crown vs the midscalp. Before the second surgery you were thinking you would likely need less in the crown than the midscalp thanks to medication. Did you find this to be true, or did the doctor comment on it?

I'm very well aware of primary use of microneedling, but I didn't though it could improve such a deep scar tissue as FUE.

I can't remember exactly now the numbers, but yeah, wast majority of grafts went into mid scalp. Crown was much better. Actually it was just a top of the crown that's been treated as remaining mid and bottom is pretty strong (due to finasteride).

When he measured recipient area for mid scalp and crown on the day of surgery he was under impression it will be the same like he measured last year, but after numbers came back from the tech he said my whole recipient area is actually a bit smaller.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

Hey Rolandas. I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you do. You are a positive force in an industry that takes advantage of desperate people; one that all too often ruins people’s lives.

I’m about two months post op on my third surgery, and your channel has been a great comfort and educational source since you started it last year. 

I’m especially enjoying this most recent batch, where you’re documenting your post op recovery. The information is invaluable. Anyone considering a transplant, and anyone that just got one should follow along. This is round three for me and I’m still learning new things from you!

Congratulations on your second procedure. The work looks impeccable and you’re healing really well! I look forward to following the rest of your journey!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Parasol said:

Hey Rolandas. I just want to say thank you for all the hard work you do. You are a positive force in an industry that takes advantage of desperate people; one that all too often ruins people’s lives.

I’m about two months post op on my third surgery, and your channel has been a great comfort and educational source since you started it last year. 

I’m especially enjoying this most recent batch, where you’re documenting your post op recovery. The information is invaluable. Anyone considering a transplant, and anyone that just got one should follow along. This is round three for me and I’m still learning new things from you!

Congratulations on your second procedure. The work looks impeccable and you’re healing really well! I look forward to following the rest of your journey!

Agreed he’s a awesome guy to have here on the forum 🙏

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Parasol said:

Thanks man for such kind words!

I'm in no way an expert, just another dude sharing his experience and to be honest I'm surprised you still find new things after having 3 transplants! I guess this industry is indeed very very broad. Every surgeon has his own unique take on things.

Best of luck with your recovery too!

• Like 3

Follow me on YouTube

Day 7

First week has passed and suprisingly I'm healing quite well. Started wearing a hat, more aggressive head wash. Scabs are looking nasty!

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

• 2 weeks later...

Day 17

Here's an overview of my 2 weeks after HT. In short - I'm starting slowly shed, itching is still present, but very minor, mainly in temple points.

Went to the gym for the first time post-op. Light weight, 12-15 reps. Dr. Ferreira said I can go "all in" after 2 weeks, but I've decided to take it easy this week.

Donor is healing well. People can't already tell I had anything done. More in the video.

• Like 2

Follow me on YouTube

Hey Rolandas,

Outstanding write up and fantastic results first time around. I'm sure these results will be also be great. Quick question for you, did Dr Ferreira express any concerns about reinforcing (implanting grafts between exisiting hair or grafts) causing shock loss or permanent hairloss? I don't mean to introduce any unnecessary anxiety for you but I've been wondering about this.

Early in my own HT journey I met with a local doctor and asked if my hair could be reinforced with grafts between exisiting hair and the doc said that this could cause loss or damage to existing hair and therefore wasn't possible. Admittedly, this doctor isn't recommended on this site and he didn't perform my surgery. I'm wondering if it just wasn't possible for this doc but certainly possible for the high level teams? Obviously Dr Ferreira doesn't have an issue with it but I'm wondering if he mentioned anything about this specifically?

I'm asking because I'm eager for a second surgery which I'm hoping will include a density increase but I've been nervous about losing some of my grafts in the process. 

Thanks again for your write ups and vids. They are hugely helpful and encouraging!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bw77 said:

Hey Rolandas,

Outstanding write up and fantastic results first time around. I'm sure these results will be also be great. Quick question for you, did Dr Ferreira express any concerns about reinforcing (implanting grafts between exisiting hair or grafts) causing shock loss or permanent hairloss? I don't mean to introduce any unnecessary anxiety for you but I've been wondering about this.

Early in my own HT journey I met with a local doctor and asked if my hair could be reinforced with grafts between exisiting hair and the doc said that this could cause loss or damage to existing hair and therefore wasn't possible. Admittedly, this doctor isn't recommended on this site and he didn't perform my surgery. I'm wondering if it just wasn't possible for this doc but certainly possible for the high level teams? Obviously Dr Ferreira doesn't have an issue with it but I'm wondering if he mentioned anything about this specifically?

I'm asking because I'm eager for a second surgery which I'm hoping will include a density increase but I've been nervous about losing some of my grafts in the process. 

Thanks again for your write ups and vids. They are hugely helpful and encouraging!

Hey man,

Appreciate kind words!

First of all - yes, it is possible to damage native surrounding hair either temporary or permanently. This will depend mainly on your current hair health and surgical skill.
The more miniaturised hair is, the more likely it will get into premature tellogen effluvium (due to surrounding trauma). It will grow back if surgery didn't damage it directly, but it will lose one anagen phase, to which it can grow even shorter and thinner. This is one of the reason you should strenghten your hair via Finasteride and even Minoxidil prior surgical intervention in my opinion.

Dr. Ferreira didn't specifically say "it can cause damage to surounding hair", at least not for me, but I'm very well educated on the subject. I fully understand and even expect temporary shock loss in my mid scalp. If this won't happen - great. He is always saying, he is "very used to diffuse thinners", meaning, implanting in between existing native hair.

There's of course a limit to where surgery isn't a good idea - if you have high amount of miniaturised hair/cm2 where it's pretty much impossible to implant decent amount of grafts in between. Then there's a choice either to go "through" and implant thick terminal hair on top of thin miniaturised (if the surgeon thinks they're on their way and not coming back strong), or don't do surgery. Again, use of medication is a must prior such decision.

Have a watch one of my recent videos. I wasn't specifically talking about it, but you can see my recipient areas with cm2 where I'm counting how many grafts I've got in each area. This should give you a very good idea what I mean by "if there's too much hair per cm2 to implant".

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

Thanks so much for this response Rolandas. I really appreciate it. This response will help as I plan for the next surgery. I'll chat more about this with the doc I end up choosing.

Again, thanks for this response and I look forward to watching your hair grow in the coming months. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

1 Month

Apologies I'm not that active in here. Can't realistically spend all my time in various platforms!

Here we are - 1 month after my 2nd HT with Dr. Ferreira. Short Hair, Shedding & Redness.

Overall I'm pretty happy with what's going on right now. Not too much redness compared to last year. Shedding kicked in. Temple points are mostly gone, mid scalp & top of the crown has still about 40-50% of transplanted hair.
1st Transplant result looks pretty good with short hair - natural hair growth angles, correct hair caliber & type in correct areas. It's a little thin which is expected with my type of hair. I start to chase "perfection" which I shouldn't given my overall situation. Although comparing to where I've started - night and day. I've got hairline!

I'm more active on my YouTube channel, so if you want to see more of me, I'm there.

• Like 1

Follow me on YouTube

Looks great! Really curious about your final result but I bet it's gonna be smashing! I'm especially interested in how your temple peaks turn out - I'm looking at potentially getting them done on my next HT but haven't made up my mind yet.

• Like 1

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• 5 weeks later...

2 Months

I'm sorry, a bit late with an update on here, but I've done one on my YT channel 😁

Ok, so in short of course there isn't much progress except hairs that didn't fell kept growing. No new transplanted growth at this moment.

There's almost no redness left which is a great surprised. Comparing it to my 1st surgery, this time around it went away much sooner. I guess it's due to less grafts/cm2 implanted, so less trauma to the skin.

I'm experiencing great amount of regrowth and thickening from Oral Minoxidil, so it's a positive change at this stage and it makes my ugly duckling stage a bit better.

Pimples are still present and they're a bit annoying. Not worried about them though, as they should go away in about a month.

And of course here's a whole video about it.

Edited by Rolandas

Follow me on YouTube

• 1 month later...

3.5 Months

Hey guys, I apologise for posting so infrequently!

Here's my latest 3.5 month update on my 2nd Hair Transplant.

- It appears I've got finally some new transplanted growht happening, not much, but it's a beginning

- Temple peaks are getting into shape

- Mid scalp & Crown is filling in nicely (although it's mainly due to oral minoxidil). But overall I'm very confident going through my daily life without any concealer

- Difference in light can make everything. Indoors looks great, but as soon as I step outside it doesn't look all that good haha

• Like 2

Follow me on YouTube