Seems like there's not enough density either honestly. Who was your surgeon?

You should consult with an ethical doctor who's good at repairs. Do some research on this forum. Bisanga and Feriduni seem quite experienced in Europe.

In any case, you may have to wait at least a 4-6 months if you want to get a follow up procedure.

• Like 1

Thanks for answers. I contacted the clinic about the density. the following is their response.

"The number of grafts we have placed in that area is a very good number. Your grafts were thick which meant that placing them any closer together they would have been popping out and also would have  impacted on the survival rate through restricting blood flow and oxygenation. The majority of your grafts had 2,3 and 4 follicles. A photo is not a 1:1 scale

We have no reason to think that at this stage, given the number of grafts to that relative small area , the healthy quality of those grafts and the majority being multi follicular grafts, that you would not get a result that you should be pleased with. It is way too early to make any judgement".

• Moderators

You just have to let it grow in for 9 months or more and see how it turns out. It doesn't look too low to me, but I realize that everyone has their own opinion of where their hairline should be.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The answers are simple:

- There is nothing you can do now but wait

- If the hairline is not placed properly cannot be seen in this pics. We need your full proportions form front and in profile

- Density of hairline is similar as behind - never a good sign especially when the density behind is also just average

--> You have now 9 month to think about the options. Use this time.  

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, Zaro222 said:

Thanks for answers. I contacted the clinic about the density. the following is their response.

"The number of grafts we have placed in that area is a very good number. Your grafts were thick which meant that placing them any closer together they would have been popping out and also would have  impacted on the survival rate through restricting blood flow and oxygenation. The majority of your grafts had 2,3 and 4 follicles. A photo is not a 1:1 scale

We have no reason to think that at this stage, given the number of grafts to that relative small area , the healthy quality of those grafts and the majority being multi follicular grafts, that you would not get a result that you should be pleased with. It is way too early to make any judgement".

I'm sorry but this response is absolute bull shit (going by your pic). Do you have any pre op pics you could share? Who performed the surgery? I wouldn't stress about the hairline but you can measure it if you like. From the glabella (the point between your two eye brows) measure the distance from here to the middle point of the new hairline. Everyone is different and there is no definitive rule as some people naturally have a very low hairline. At this point do not do anything at all and wait until you hit the 12 month mark before you start to make any decisions. Why? Because you may not need to and you may get a better result than you feel you will at this incredibly early stage. I know it's easier said than done but this is the best thing you could do. A hair transplant is for the rest of your life so go easy on yourself and you will get past this. All the best!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, qui bono said:

Their response isnt really accurate - top tier clinics are able to dense pack without compromising graft survival. Its really about what different clinics are able to achieve. 

In all honesty the result is likely going to be a little disappointing in terms of density. Once you grow it out (and potentially use concealers like toppik) it will probably be closer to what you want. If you can try and think positively youve established a foundation for a very easy 2nd pass surgery, but you'll still have to wait a year to fully assess the results first.

How many grafts was the operation, and how is your donor?

Thanks for the response. as they said I have a fantastic donor, I had lots of double, triple and four grafts hairs on my donor. as I have said the agreed number was 2300 grafts but im really not sure whether they have transplanted all that number. 

4 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Seems like there's not enough density either honestly. Who was your surgeon?

You should consult with an ethical doctor who's good at repairs. Do some research on this forum. Bisanga and Feriduni seem quite experienced in Europe.

In any case, you may have to wait at least a 4-6 months if you want to get a follow up procedure.

Thanks, at this stage I am not going to disclose the clinic, I live in Australia so it is a local clinic in sydney. 

1 minute ago, qui bono said:

can you share pics of your donor? im just interested to see their extraction pattern

at this point I dont really trust what the clinic has to say based on the vagueness of their responses. 

given the quality of your photos you could probably count the individual grafts yourself and get the number.

20210503_144748.jpg

• Valued Contributor

I hate to say this but this is why I have continually stated on this forum that you should never consider a hair transplant from anyone in Australia. Dr Vikram is renound for putting doubles in the hairline and so are nearly all of the so called 'top tiered' surgeons here. I've had consultations here in Oz for the past 36 years and it has only become worse and more expensive. At a guess I would say it's Dr Alam? For the same money you can have surgery and support from the best in the world. Zaro222 like i said it's just a game of patience now and you will get past this to the point of where you want to be.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 1

• Zaro222 changed the title to Not good density?

From the pics I've seen of post-op transplant work, the density looks really low. That looks like a few hundred grafts in the frontal third if I had to guess which is really low. I could be wrong though since I haven't seen a lot of post-op pics compared to other posters I'm sure.

I think in that area, you would usually see 2k-4k grafts

Edited by deeznuts
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, deeznuts said:

From the pics I've seen of post-op transplant work, the density looks really low. That looks like a few hundred grafts in the frontal third if I had to guess which is really low. I could be wrong though since I haven't seen a lot of post-op pics compared to other posters I'm sure.

I think in that area, you would usually see 2k-4k grafts

The agreed number was 2300 grafts

Hello,

obviously we can’t judge a result before the full growth. However, the spacing between n the recipient area seems quite far. It doesn’t look to me as 2300 grafts. Your transplanted density is probably 10 grafts/ cm2.  I believe the extraction zone in the back was wide and possibly into unsafe donor zones. Again, we can’t be the best judges on that as we did not examine or perform the surgery. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 5/14/2021 at 7:06 PM, Gatsby said:

I hate to say this but this is why I have continually stated on this forum that you should never consider a hair transplant from anyone in Australia. Dr Vikram is renound for putting doubles in the hairline and so are nearly all of the so called 'top tiered' surgeons here. I've had consultations here in Oz for the past 36 years and it has only become worse and more expensive. At a guess I would say it's Dr Alam? For the same money you can have surgery and support from the best in the world. Zaro222 like i said it's just a game of patience now and you will get past this to the point of where you want to be.

It wouldn't be Dr Alam, he's in Brisbane. Probably the crown clinic or another newish clinic hair doctors. They both tend to shave the recipient area.

Dr Freeman is another who it could be.

• Like 1