Dr. Zarev 7070 + 3613 grafts

3 hours ago, asterix0 said:

Amazing progress so far, on the way from Norwood 6 to Norwood 1 🙂

OP, is your hair turning lighter? In the after pics it is more brown where pre-op it is pitch black. Strong camera flash can have this effect as well as lighting conditions.

When transplanted hair first grows in, it often appears with different characteristics to usual, and colour pigment is one of the variables that may look different at first. 

Some of my grafts grew in white, and later pigmented from roughly the 6 month mark  

• Like 1

• Administrators

Thank you for sharing your review, there’s been a great deal of interest in Dr. Zarev, he seems to be a top notch doctor. Will be following closely.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

@HugoX Out of curiosity, how long is Dr Zarevs waiting list ? Thanks 🙏 

I think 2021 is full, but these days with covid I wouldn't be surprised if cancellations do come in, I was actually scheduled for June 2021 but asked to be contacted when cancellation came in and because of covid one came up and I had around 10 days to prepare. 

1 minute ago, HugoX said:

I think 2021 is full, but these days with covid I wouldn't be surprised if cancellations do come in, I was actually scheduled for June 2021 but asked to be contacted when cancellation came in and because of covid one came up and I had around 10 days to prepare. 

Right, so you managed to get in about 5 months early 👌 nice ! That’s not too bad a waiting list anyway with a top Dr. 

I don't know the latest waiting list, last time I spoke to Dr Zarev about this was in February and at that time 2021 was basically booked. 

Btw, after popular demand, I have asked for the immediate post op pictures, I haven't been really interested in those pictures myself but I see many of you are, so I will ask for them 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HugoX said:

I don't know the latest waiting list, last time I spoke to Dr Zarev about this was in February and at that time 2021 was basically booked. 

Btw, after popular demand, I have asked for the immediate post op pictures, I haven't been really interested in those pictures myself but I see many of you are, so I will ask for them 👍

Thanks 🙏 yes the community are always interested in the immediate post op pics. We are hair geeks after all 😂

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

I think you said you originally posted your experience on local forum, right? Which forum is that and are there any other Zarev patients posting their experience there?

It's a Swedish forum in and obviously in Swedish and no there is no one else but me that have gone to Dr Zarev in that forum...and maybe(probably) only one from Sweden... Lookgood.se is the page. 

Hi guys,

Day 121 update, in couple of the pictures I have combed the hair forward to resemble the previous pictures but I have started to comb my hair up now that it is getting stronger.

BR

Hugo

1620493565304[1].jpg

1620493640418[1].jpg

1620493685886[1].jpg

1620493821583[1].jpg

1620493879105[1].jpg

1620494055317[1].jpg

1620496153342[1].jpg

1620496256045[1].jpg

1620496289814[1].jpg

1620496317423[1].jpg

• Like 9

Holy crap these results are fantastic, even more considering it’s only been 4 months. You are the definition of an early grower. I can’t wait to see the results at 7-9 months. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 5:06 AM, HugoX said:

Ok, seems to be lots of interest on this 😅.

For the person saying dont know why before picture look like someone else, are you blind? If you want to get picky just look for my birht mark (or what those red dots are called).

546811512_reddots_birthmark.thumb.PNG.5c1955e2ab441b0ab90dee052f3aaa7a.PNG

Im am 39, turning 40 this year. I have had a hair piece for 14 years, I took off the hair peice day before the surgery so skin is a bit irritated and have not seen the sun for 14 years, and of course there will be differences in the picures as i dont use the same type of camera, same lightning , same distances same zoom, but I am trying to keep it as close to how Dr Zarev took the pictures and with good clear pictures.

No medication exept minoxidil mixed with 0.1 finasteride ( I guess that is some sort of medication)

I did take one or two immidiate post op picures on day 1 when we were half done but no good quality , didnt think about it honestly and I was so tired. Dr Zarev have those and I have had no need to ask for them.

back:

IMG_3596.thumb.JPG.7a85c682247075e455de9de9404f4db5.JPG

I'm blind cause I'm not zeroing in on two borderline imperceptible random red dots on your skull? Wtf? Are you even aware of what you're saying

I'm curious how it'll turn out though once the hair matures and darkens

First patient report from Dr. Zarev I have seen. Even ignoring the outlier high graft cases which are dependent on patient genetics, he seems to be doing good work. This is nice growth for only four months, and I hope you'll keep us updated all the way to the end

Looking fantastic for 4 months. This would be considered a good end result for a lot of clinics after 12 months for a first time pass on a NW 6 (not taking into consideration no. of grafts used) so you’re already well ahead of the game! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Looking fantastic for 4 months. This would be considered a good end result for a lot of clinics after 12 months for a first time pass on a NW 6 (not taking into consideration no. of grafts used) so you’re already well ahead of the game! 

😅 Hope not end result, expecting more growth in terms of thickness first of all as hairs still not as thick as they should be (donor hairs are thicker right now) and more growth to crown area and maybe some slow growers who haven't popped out yet 🤔

2 hours ago, HugoX said:

😅 Hope not end result, expecting more growth in terms of thickness first of all as hairs still not as thick as they should be (donor hairs are thicker right now) and more growth to crown area and maybe some slow growers who haven't popped out yet 🤔

Oh absolutely - I wasn’t suggesting you were by any means near the finished product, but was just remarking on the really good coverage you already have at this stage! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HugoX said:

Hi guys,

Day 121 update, in couple of the pictures I have combed the hair forward to resemble the previous pictures but I have started to comb my hair up now that it is getting stronger.

BR

Hugo

1620493565304[1].jpg

1620493640418[1].jpg

1620494055317[1].jpg

I am speechless. Those are incredible results for just 4 months. No one can deny that Dr. Zarev is extremely talented.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Do you know what's the recipient area in cm2 and therefore the resulting graft/cm2 density?

If I remember correctly it was 227 cm2.

• Administrators

Wow incredible, I’ve invited Dr. Zarev to come to the forum. He’s definitely a skilled surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@HugoX

Congrats. Fantastic.

Question:

Are you buzzing the lower sides and back?  (about an inch or two around your ears and all he way back). If so why? I wonder whether it is an aesthetic choice due to thinning of donor area. Either way, its looks good. Nothing wrong with it.

Also did he tell you your density FU/Cm2?