Undo a hair transplant just after 2 days?

• Administrators
8 hours ago, ronyrockford said:

Thank you very much for your kind words and support. I am certainly going through a very tough time. I appreciate you reaching out for help. Out of context, are such conmen clinics present in countries like US/Canada? I think this only happens in poor countries like India where people don't value life. It's a dog eat dog world here. As an Indian, I have avowed never to return back to this #$%^&* country again. I have Canadian residency and would not mind doing blue collar jobs there to survive over any white collar job here. 

India has some of the best doctors in the world. You can get bad quality in the US as well. You get what you pay for. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 4/21/2021 at 6:47 PM, ronyrockford said:

Got this done yesterday in a haste from a no-name cheap clinic in India, and immediately regretted it as it was not dense and hairline looks artificial.

I am unable to sleep at night. 

Is it possible to undo the transplant? It was only done yesterday.. 

Please Help!!!

35D589D5-4CD7-414A-A2BB-537EEB61784C.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

In a sincere way - what were you thinking? 

Agree that you shouldn't appear "botched", but I suspect you will be unsatisfied with the density, given the graft spacing. 

9 hours ago, j1mmy said:

In a sincere way - what were you thinking? 

Agree that you shouldn't appear "botched", but I suspect you will be unsatisfied with the density, given the graft spacing. 

Do you think using hair fibers will mask this? I'm very concerned 

Out of curiosity, I had to count the grafts. I had to assume some grafts because of the blood clots so it's not perfect. And I only counted one side of the head. This will give you a better idea of how many grafts you received.

Each color of dots is 100. There are a total of 400 dots. The right side seems to have more grafts, so I'll say you got somewhere between 850-900 grafts. 

grafts.jpg.a2058f1bf83f6237ae81e36db3804b98.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 6
  • Wow 1

My advice is to let the process play out. Do you best to grow what was implanted. After 9 or 10 months, if finances allow for a second procedure, contact Eugenix for a touch-up. They should be able to improve the hairline with proper density and angles. 

Try to stay positive and trust the process. The first 3 months will be tough. It is tough for all of us! Stay in touch and we'll all help you along the way! 

• Like 3

Thank you guys. I have had my first hairwash yesterday and wanted to share updated image of day 10 after transplant. Would love to get your opinion on how bad the transplant will look once the hair grows out? (1=Extremely bad, 10=Manageable)

33521B47-1690-4773-A8B8-60817BDB1AFA.jpeg

A529882A-41CF-4AC8-9C7F-2DFB35C11BCA.jpeg

6028C0DA-9961-40E1-B16A-132A5B8A664E.jpeg

image.jpg

Edited by ronyrockford

Very difficult to say. Let’s assume all the grafts grow ok, then I think the density will be on the low side. However until the 12 months is up nobody is going to be able to tell how it will turn out. All we can do is base it on a rough estimate based on the grafts that have been implanted. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

It’s hard to judge at this stage. I think it’s safe to say the hair transplant isn’t gonna be refined, and that patch will probably be visibly less dense. But grown out, it could look okay. Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Last few days have been immensely depressing. I have lost all confidence and the will to do anything. If someone told me a hair transplant would be such an emotional ordeal I would have thought 100 times before doing one. I still cannot believe I took this decision in a haste and got conned. I'm cursing myself every waking minute. It's been hard. Real hard. Mostly I share my pain with my parents over a phone call. This transplant couldn't have come at a worse time for me personally. I try to sleep 12-14 hours a day just to forget everything about my life. You guys have helped me a lot. 

• Sad 1

Just now, ronyrockford said:

Last few days have been immensely depressing. I have lost all confidence and the will to do anything. If someone told me a hair transplant would be such an emotional ordeal I would have thought 100 times before doing one. I still cannot believe I took this decision in a haste and got conned. I'm cursing myself every waking minute. It's been hard. Real hard. Mostly I share my pain with my parents over a phone call. This transplant couldn't have come at a worse time for me personally. I try to sleep 12-14 hours a day just to forget everything about my life. You guys have helped me a lot. 

Feel for you man. It is a emotional rollercoaster even without having any issues. Your situation is most certainly repairable though. It’s just going to take a while. 

• Like 2

It's not a great HT, but you are still in the early stages of recovery.  Even if you went to the best doctor/clinic in the world you would still need to be incognito for a few weeks. It's part of the process.  Let it heal, grow out your hair and be patient.  You'll probably need another HT to camouflage the work, but that is at least a year away from now.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I understand your frustrations and hope things turn out well. I don't happen to notice any huge red flags on your recipient site. Could it be done better? Yes, but I don't think it is too bad.

Your donor site is more problematic, but this can certainly be repaired in the hands of a good doctor. So don't worry, nothing is catastrophic yet, just take a deep breath and let the process play itself out.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, ronyrockford said:

I just wish you could’ve found our forum before having the procedure. In the end, if it turns out bad, I will help you.

• Like 2

View my thread

• 3 months later...
5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@ronyrockfordGood to hear from you 😊 looks like your growth has well and truly kicked off now. Let’s see how it progresses, please do keep us updated each month if you can 🙏

Thanks 😀 sure will try to.. Been facing some other demons in my personal life. They just keep on coming lol 

• Like 1

@ronyrockford, From the way you presented it 4 months ago, it seemed like a tragedy, but after 4 months, it's not really bad bad, sure, it lacks density, but you are only 4 months post, and it certainly does not seem irreparable.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Egy said:

@ronyrockford, From the way you presented it 4 months ago, it seemed like a tragedy, but after 4 months, it's not really bad bad, sure, it lacks density, but you are only 4 months post, and it certainly does not seem irreparable.

That's reassuring to hear.. Back then I was immensely stressed. Nonetheless, I am wondering about contacting Eugenix for a corrective hair transplant in december when I go to India. Is it a good to get the corrective procedure done 4 months from now?

Edited by ronyrockford

Looking more promising!  Wait until around the 11-12 month mark before going for another procedure with Eugenix. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

For a 4 month post surgery, you seem to have a good growth. We all try to get perfection but I will be happy with a transplant if the after is much better than before which seems to be true in your case. I hope the donor area is healed well and there are not very visible sign of extraction. Not sure if you will even need another transplant soon. If you get a satisfactory result in 3-4 months,  maybe you can put the thought of another transplant on hold and do some research.  Glad you didn't pull out the transplanted hair out of panic and impulse 4 months back.

I was very pleased to reach the last page of this post and see that the outcome is shaping up to not be nearly as bad as you had anticipated. And even if things don't turn out exactly as you would like, I hope you're finding comfort in the fact that it's already better than I think you thought it would and that you're in a better place mentally and emotionally with all of it. So try not to beat yourself up over the hasty decision - it won't change anything, and it definitely won't make you feel any better. So focus on the parts that are turning out okay, and know that if there are still parts of your hair that you're not happy with, you have the resources available to you now to research different surgeons and choose one that will hopefully be able to tweak/repair this one in a way that meets your expectations.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
On 8/22/2021 at 2:27 PM, ronyrockford said:

Updates after 4 months. 

Any thoughts guys? I do use hair fiber on my temples to mask the lack of density (not used in the attached pictures) 

12D6CCE8-3F7A-4CA0-A4A4-BA72803685AF.jpeg

26358FD2-7E2B-4582-A401-569F78606F25.jpeg

E6A4369B-6A3E-4695-B73D-505C93DD9058.jpeg

I don’t see any issues so far, in fact looks like it’s gonna be a good result.

View my thread