Undo a hair transplant just after 2 days?

Got this done yesterday in a haste from a no-name cheap clinic in India, and immediately regretted it as it was not dense and hairline looks artificial.

I am unable to sleep at night. 

Is it possible to undo the transplant? It was only done yesterday.. 

Please Help!!!

35D589D5-4CD7-414A-A2BB-537EEB61784C.jpg

IMG_1147.jpg

IMG_1148.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1161.jpg

Edited by ronyrockford
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, qui bono said:

theoretically yes. it takes 3 days for the grafts to anchor themselves so if youre able to contact a clinic they might be able to help you

as youre in India maybe contact Eugenix immediately and get their input

Yes I contacted them now on whatsapp, waiting for their input.. as it's night time here. How common and or risky is it tp undo a hair transplant? That too, this soon after procedure? What would be the best method  - laser / unplucking / other?

• ronyrockford changed the title to Undo a hair transplant just after 2 days?
  • Administrators

There’s no such thing as undoing a hair transplant. You will be left with scars, depending on how deep they inserted the grafts. You may get pitting. Best to stay calm and see how the results pan out. You may be satisfied. Making an impulsive decision got you in this position. Making another impulsive decision can get you worse. 

Read this article by @Bernstein Medical

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answers/hair-transplant-reversal-vs-repair/

• Like 11

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Do you care about saving the hairs? as in moving them back to the donor, or do you just want them removed?  Agree you'd be better off waiting on the results. Then go to a reputable clinic to add more density if needed and modify your hairline enough to meet your expectations.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s no such thing as undoing a hair transplant. You will be left with scars, depending on how deep they inserted the grafts. You may get pitting. Best to stay calm and see how the results pan out. You may be satisfied. Making an impulsive decision got you in this position. Making another impulsive decision can get you worse. 

Read this article by @Bernstein Medical

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/answers/hair-transplant-reversal-vs-repair/

But isn't it easier to get out of a bad transplant if grafts are less than 3 days old? I am unable to sleep at night. The grafts are way less dense.. what to do in this case? Can I shave the transplanted hair ? 

1 minute ago, ciaus said:

Do you care about saving the hairs? as in moving them back to the donor, or do you just want them removed?  Agree you'd be better off waiting on the results. Then go to a reputable clinic to add more density if needed and modify your hairline enough to meet your expectations.

I don;t really care about saving the hair.. at this point I just want the hair removed and get my original hairline back.. and i am not going to get another HT ever again. I am done with this already.. 

2 minutes ago, qui bono said:

I with I could help you and tell you more about your options in practice, but I think contacting Eugenix and letting them advise you is probably youre best bet.

Its not that common to undo it (ive only seen one thread about this in the 3 years ive been on the forum) but given your grafts have only been transplanted and surgeons are sometimes happy to perform "tweaks" after an operation it might theoretically be possible". I dont want to give you any false hope and im not sure of the risks at this stage.

If you allow the transplanted hair to go through it cycles, then you have a few options. You could try re-transplanting the grafts once the growth comes in with a surgeon you trust (i.e. save the grafts), but youre risking scarring and a higher transection rate due to the varying angles/depth of the incisions made by the clinic that you went to before. You could remove the grafts via laser or plucking. Or if the transplant isnt that bad, you could transplant hairs around it and try and fix it in the future if it docent look natural

got it.. is eugenix someone I can trust blindly for advice and to do their job? 

also, what's your personal opinion on the grafts and hairline..?

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, ronyrockford said:

But isn't it easier to get out of a bad transplant if grafts are less than 3 days old? I am unable to sleep at night. The grafts are way less dense.. what to do in this case? Can I shave the transplanted hair ? 

It could end up with real bad scarring. You don’t want pits on your forehead.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Removing fresh transplants will likely involve scarring and costly.  Better to let them settle in and have a good post op care ie. Baby shampoo, aloe vera, etc.  Density does look thin which could be addressed in the future with medication, topical creams, concealers, touch up procedure.  It’s going to take 1 year for results so need to be patient.  

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, qui bono said:

Yeah scarring would be the major concern at this stage. Im not sure I would risk it.

Especially if the clinic isn’t that good. The sites look at least 1mm in size. Refined slits are 0.7mm the difference in scarring is pretty substantial.

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Dr. Neil Verma said:

Removing fresh transplants will likely involve scarring and costly.  Better to let them settle in and have a good post op care ie. Baby shampoo, aloe vera, etc.  Density does look thin which could be addressed in the future with medication, topical creams, concealers, touch up procedure.  It’s going to take 1 year for results so need to be patient.  

ohh boy.. i am already depressed as hell. one year is too long of a wait at this point for me.. do you think touch up procedure will completely cure this botched transplant? if so, how soon can i go for the touch up procedure? 

Don't do anything rash. You're going to be able to cover up this area completely pretty quickly with your natural hair. From there you can get in contact with actual world-class clinics to either repair or add density to make it look natural. As long as the hair you just got transplanted is growing the correct direction I don't think it will be too difficult to add more natural density. 

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Making an impulsive decision got you in this position. Making another impulsive decision can get you worse. 

This!

You rushed into sth and now you want to take the similar approach to reverse it. This is wrong, period. You have to be patient, many people are nervous at this stage (buyers remorse), but there is nth you can do NOW. Assess again in 6-8 month. To give a proper feedback better pictures showing the facial proportion are required anyway (frontal, profile).

So far you only made a small mistake which is correctable, if you add another rushed mistake on top, it may be irreversible. 

• Like 2

Guys I want to thank you for your help and support. But I am having panic attacks left and right. I am looking to get married soon and this disaster has struck me and left me extremely vulnerable. I am unable to sleep at night and concentrate on my work/ job hunt. I even told my parents about it and they're worried as well seeing me in such a depressed state. I cannot share this with my fiends either as I know I would be ridiculed behind my back for doing something as stupid as this. I'm crying alone, feeling shame, guilt and disillusioned after being scammed 😭😭

Edited by ronyrockford

13 minutes ago, qui bono said:

Did Eugenix reply? The first thing to do is try and assess your options. Having a plan in place will help you feel more in control.

Asking for support from your loved ones is also good idea (I regret not telling at least one friend about what I went through because it only made things harder to accept). if they are really your friends they will care about you. Theres no shame in wanting to look better, the only shame is how some clinics are willing to leave a patient.

IMO I dont think youre results will be too bad - the major issue will be that it likely won't be dense enough and possibly require further work in the future. If you can accept that it will help. 

Keep growing your hair from now as it will likely cover any issues. You will be going into a stage called the ugly duckling stage soon which was inevitable, and its a time where things look bad generally. By the time the growth comes in a few months time hopefully your native hair will be long enough to start covering things. By that time wearing your hair down and using concealers will hopefully do a better job

Talk to a psychologist if you can. Theres no need to suffer or blame yourself. If youre having panic attacks you should try and get them under control, as the stress is only causing you unnecessary pain. 

A lot of us are repair patients here and know what youre experiencing, so hang in there. And Ill repeat I dont think this will be truly terrible, it will just require further work. The hardest part of all of this is accepting what has happened, trying to be patient, and seeing how the results turn out. Once you understand that you'll know what to do next.

Feel free to PM me if you want

Thank you for support. It's indeed a thought time for me. Eugenix did reply back on Whatsapp asking for answers to standard questions about my history etc. I'm still waiting to talk to a human from eugenix.. Maybe I'll try calling them instead.  Another thing is I am travelling to the US tomorrow so I would also like to know if US as any similar clinics world class clinics like eugenix to do a corrective procedure? I can always fly to India for this procedure if their is a substantial cost difference

4 hours ago, qui bono said:

Did Eugenix reply? The first thing to do is try and assess your options. Having a plan in place will help you feel more in control.

Asking for support from your loved ones is also good idea (I regret not telling at least one friend about what I went through because it only made things harder to accept). if they are really your friends they will care about you. Theres no shame in wanting to look better, the only shame is how some clinics are willing to leave a patient.

IMO I dont think youre results will be too bad - the major issue will be that it likely won't be dense enough and possibly require further work in the future. If you can accept that it will help. 

Keep growing your hair from now as it will likely cover any issues. You will be going into a stage called the ugly duckling stage soon which was inevitable, and its a time where things look bad generally. By the time the growth comes in a few months time hopefully your native hair will be long enough to start covering things. By that time wearing your hair down and using concealers will hopefully do a better job

Talk to a psychologist if you can. Theres no need to suffer or blame yourself. If youre having panic attacks you should try and get them under control, as the stress is only causing you unnecessary pain. 

A lot of us are repair patients here and know what youre experiencing, so hang in there. And Ill repeat I dont think this will be truly terrible, it will just require further work. The hardest part of all of this is accepting what has happened, trying to be patient, and seeing how the results turn out. Once you understand that you'll know what to do next.

Feel free to PM me if you want

Thank you, a Counselor from eugenix just sent a voice message saying they don't touch procedures that were done a few days back. I'm waiting to have a call with him. 

Regarding the ugly duckling phase, which # Month does it begin and which month does it end? 

Another concern was, I usually comb my hair backwards, will I be able to continue doing the same? I'm thinking of applying fiber concealer to give appearance of fullness. Will this work? 

25 minutes ago, qui bono said:

the ugly duckling stage is from when you shed the transplanted hair (2 weeks to 1 month) to when the transplanted hairs start growing back. it can be different for everyone. some guys experience shock loss so it makes them look worse from when they started, lighter skinned guys have a really bad redness (its the blood under the skin responding to the grafts), and then there are some guys that dont shed the grafts at all (lucky!). things generally return to normal around month 4. but again its different for everyone and you might not notice it.

you'll need some hair for fibres to work, so you can either try growing your hair long from now on and then when the transplanted hair starts coming in experiment with fibres and combing it forward to cover the hairline. I was in a very similar situation and I found it looked actually bad trying to keep it short and applying fibres, but as soon as I let it grow for a few months I eventually stopped using fibres altogether as the two areas blended together nicely (when it was around 8cm long).

as this is an emotional time you'll start to notice things more and its very easy to become obsessed with things. if I can give you any advice its try not to be ...  most people are generally too obsessed with themselves to notice your hair. And as ive said before wait to see how the results turn out, and then take things from there. it doesnt look like ultra refined work that most people would hope for, but it also doesnt look like you were disfigured or anything. you have options.

do you know how many grafts were transplanted?

When I asked the guy afterwards how many grafts, he said 1800. When I told him that the density is very less, he back tracked and said even though he only did 600 grafts, it will work as he has implanted 2s and 3s so the total follicles is 1800. He was talking as if I didn't know the difference between grafts and follicles. How many grafts do you think it is looking at the area? is it closer to 1800 or 600? I think it's 600.

Anyways this whole experience has been traumatizing for me. I cannot believe I did something as stupid as this without researching anything. I've been in a disturbed state of mind for last few weeks which led me to such a rash decision. I am literally playing with my health and face here. I don't normally act compulsively and have no experience dealing with such situations. You've been a great help in this crisis.

So sorry that the clinic you chose has not been a good experience at all. They have probably implanted around 600 grafts at best and hopefully singles to the hairline. As you have discovered from Eugenix it’s not going to be possible to do anything right now, unfortunately you will have to wait it out. 
Personally I can see it being easily rectified by a decent clinic (like Eugenix) when the time is right. They will soften the hairline and add further density. Having only used a low amount of grafts so far does actually put you in a good position in moving forward. A lot of us on the forum also didn’t make the best choices for out first Ht (myself included) it what we did next which is important.

You have certainly come to the right place for help/support and guidance ! Your welcome to Pm me anytime. 🙏

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, qui bono said:

I think closer to 600,. but even without a clear number the density over that area its going to look sparse. 

the guy who did your HT sounds like a conman. 

how is your donor?

I am not sure how to assess my donor area situation. Can you please confirm how much of it is still left? 

Also I am having massive swelling around my eyes since today.. any idea how to deal with this? Can you please recommend a medication that is available OTC? I am drinking water but doesn't look like it's helping to hasten. I am having flight tomorrow.. I hope US border officials let me in with this situation.. am very nervous

IMG_1172.jpg

Derm fibers will help conceal it until it grows in. Anterior hairline first several rows should just be singles.  You could probably count the grafts if you took the time to do so based on the pictures provided.  Be patient as it may turn out just fine once it grows in though touch up for density to anterior hairline may be needed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Neil Verma said:

Derm fibers will help conceal it until it grows in. Anterior hairline first several rows should just be singles.  You could probably count the grafts if you took the time to do so based on the pictures provided.  Be patient as it may turn out just fine once it grows in though touch up for density to anterior hairline may be needed.

Thank you Doctor. My face swelling has increased to a substantial degree to the point where it looks disfigured and I am worried if the US border officials will let me in through on a visa. I bought myself prednisone 5mg and painkiller aceclofenac + paracetamol (100mg+325mg) and an ice pack. Can you please suggest me how much dosage of these meds I should I take to reduce the swelling? I am really worried about international travel. Please help!

Yes unfortunately poor clinics are in every single county that does hair transplants. I’m from the Uk and we have more than our fair share here. 
Arriving on the forum and doing some research will show there are some excellent clinics all over the world too ! Just a look at the recommended list will demonstrate this. 
It’s not even about price, so many quality options are still affordable. I love the work that Eugenix does for example, they are pretty much the opposite to the clinic that done your transplant. 

I can’t advise you on taking medication.  Ice packs are helpful.  The swelling will settle down with time and is normal to experience after hair transplant.  Any local doctor should be able to offer you advice on taking those medications. 

• Like 1