Happy with Dr. Ferreira Final Result

Ittiaz1

10 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Thanks for coming back and updating us. I agree that the level of aftercare described and shown here on the forum is top notch. 

I think if you're still seeing some additional improvement since the last photos, you're likely going to be in a position to reach your goals even if it does require another operation. I know it would be ideal to have that home run result on the first go, but since both you and the doctor are committed to getting you to a result you can both be satisfied with you are going to be just fine. It may simply take a bit longer than initially expected. 

I applaud you for taking a step back to evaluate your situation as calmly as possible. I'm sure it's a bit distressing but that big picture mindset is really important for this sort of thing since it's a lifelong struggle. I'm looking forward to your next update and hoping that you'll keep us in the loop all the way to your expected result.

Thanks  very much. I will keep you updated. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Ittiaz1 said:

Hi all

I know many of you have asked for updates, and spoke about there being agreements with the doctor and me not to post on here but that is absolutely not true. 

I emailed Dr Ferreira about my concerns and we both agreed i would update him every month until the 10 month mark. To be quite honest, he was actually happy i made a post on here. Each month i show him photos and videos if how its going and he analyses it. His after care is actually very good as he does care and wants the patient to be happy. Thats the feeling i am getting anyway.  A free of charge touch up is offered if the result did not meet the expectations. Not many clinics offer that. 

So, an update. Its been 8 months and yes there has been some improvement but i would like to wait until the final result has been achieved before i show more photos.  I would have expected  more coverage at this stage especially in the frontal area but i will wait the course before making any judgements. It looks better than it did at 6 months, thats for sure. I do believe i will need a touch up and am sure that will give me what i want. Furthermore i know dr Ferreira will want the desired result probably more than me. 

Ill keep you all updated and thank you for showing interest in my post. 

Thanks for keeping us updated 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

What is the usual reasoning behind these semi failure transplants? Is it surgeon errors, bad post op care by the patient, or just bad growth luck by the patient?   a combo of some if not all?

• Like 1

From the pictures that is posted you can see that his extraction and donor management is amazing. Only that is win win situation.  The touch up will probably do the trick and give you the result you wanted :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi guys I will wait until the full 12 months before posting new pics. I feel that would be ideal as a lot of guys in here have said to wait for the full 12 months. I do believe a touch up will do the trick. 

Thanks for your support guys. Really appreciated. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ittiaz1 said:

Hi guys I will wait until the full 12 months before posting new pics. I feel that would be ideal as a lot of guys in here have said to wait for the full 12 months. I do believe a touch up will do the trick. 

Great to hear from you 🤩 hope your ok 👌 

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ittiaz1 said:

Look forward to seeing your updates. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Guys,

Dr. Ferreira reached out to me and said the patient has agreed to a touch-up and will update after the touch-up.

• Like 4

View my thread

Still really would have liked to see how much it filled in after a year. The density in the implants from the look of the post op photos wasn't that crazy so I wasn't too surprised by the lack to density at 6 months, but I agree with others that it appeared to have been weak growth overall. I wonder what went wrong exactly.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi all 

Sorry for the very late reply. Life has been hectic for me recently (in a Good way )

Well, I had my touch up procedure with Dr ferreira in Nov 22. So it's been coming to nearly a year and a half since then. And wow, what a difference the touch up made. I am literally over the moon with my hair now. It's all filled up and I can just let it grow long or cut it short, can do lots of different styles that I haven't done in years (41 now, and for 20 years it was one style, shirt and combed down) . All my worries were addressed and I can honestly say I'm so grateful for the touch up procedure. 

I must add, from about month 10 after my first procedure the implanted hair was still growing and even so, Dr Ferreira booked me in as soon as possible so he could address my worries. He added more to the front, and the temporal peaks. 

Overall, I really am so happy with the outcome and even though I haven't got any pics of my donor area, not a single barber I go to, stops and looks closely at the donor area. I have to tell them I've had a HT and they then look closely and realise I have, otherwise they would never have known. That just shows the skill used by Dr Ferreira. Even though I was not happy 6 months after first transplant, I should have exhibited more patience as by month 10 it was looking good, but Dr ferreira still had me in and did a touch up and made it much better. He really is a artist in this field. I love my fuller hair, the hair line look so natural, and the temporal peaks look really good. I hear he's booked up all the way to end of 2024. Just shows how much in demand the man is. 

I have attached some photos, not great but let me know if you want to see more I'll take some and send them.  

First 4 are before any hair transplant ever took place. 

Photos 5&6 are day after touch up.

Rest of the photos are from a variety of times from 7 months onwards. You can see I can push the front up like a quiff , and also where I have cut it short. 

Last one was today. Need a hair cut !!

IMG_1134_040311~2.jpg

IMG_1131_040339~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230514-231729-785.png

DSCF0126~2.jpg

DSCF5860~2.jpg

DSCF5756~2.jpg

IMG-20220810-WA0001~2.jpg

IMG-20230403-WA0004~2.jpg

IMG-20220810-WA0014~3.jpg

IMG-20220810-WA0013~3.jpg

IMG-20220810-WA0002~2.jpg

IMG-20230504-WA0012~2.jpg

IMG-20230504-WA0014~2.jpg

IMG-20230504-WA0016~2.jpg

IMG-20230504-WA0015~2.jpg

IMG_0590~2.jpg

Edited by Ittiaz1
  • Like 2

• Administrators

10/10 results 

• Like 1

View my thread

Amazing results after the touch up no doubts about that. Hairline is pretty dense as you can have a quiff now.

But can you post any pre touch up pics along with graft count.
Because the grafts used in touch up looks a lot. It looks like a complete 2nd procedure. 

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Happy with Dr. Ferreira Final Result