Happy with Dr. Ferreira Final Result

Ittiaz1

Wow! Just, wow!

Melvin was kind and diligent enough to bring this to my attention. I came to this thread expecting to feel quite distressed and annoyed as I read it. I take my work and the trust that patients put in me very seriously. Just thinking that a patient might be unhappy with how his/her hair transplant is evolving would ruin my day, regardlessly if I believe the surgery and result was a success or not.

Yet, I feel humbled. I am left in awe and gratitude.

I am truly amazed with how knowledgeable this community is, and how supportive you have all been to Ittiaz.

Ittiaz is going through a rough time. I can definitely understand what it is like to invest much of your time, effort and money into something that you want so badly to go right. It’s really hard to just wait for progress to come, especially when it isn’t within what you expected. It’s really frustrating and disheartening.

Therefore I am very grateful that you all gave him a massive amount of support and guidance. I’m definitely doing all I can to reassure Ittiaz that not only it’s too soon for us to make any conclusions, but also that I will be with him every step of the way. I don’t want to discuss too much of Ittiaz’s specifics (or post photos for that matter) without his proper authorization, but I believe I can say he is currently at day 178 post-op of his hair transplant. I completely understand and validate his concerns as well as say that in fact, I would like to see more growth now, but also that it’s not out of the ordinary to have slower growth and that we can’t really come to any conclusions or make any decisions now. We just need to be patient.

I’ve read what Ittiaz has written and, aside from the title of this thread, I believe what he’s said has been mostly fair to me. I can understand disappointment as that is a subjective emotion, but I can’t really agree with the word “results” as this is not a result. It surprised me a bit as I have a really good relationship with Ittiaz. He’s a really nice, well spoken and gentle man with good spirits. I remember us discussing football and boxing during his surgery. I even remember him explaining me how to throw a few punches while we were in my office. :) But I really don’t blame him. He is simply manifesting his frustration and I don’t take it personally. I’m actually glad he came here because now he can benefit from the support of this incredible community.

Apart from that, I’ve always stood and will stand by my work. Nobody wants a surgery to have an amazing result as much as I do (and nothing makes my day as much as that either). Therefore, when the time comes, if the results are not up to par, I am happy to invite Ittiaz back to our clinic for a touch up at no extra charge.

And all my patients know this (and Ittiaz can confirm this too because I tell this to each and everyone): At the moment of the initial consultation I always say “As with all hair transplants, an additional procedure or a touch-up might be required afterwards, albeit it’s usually not needed.”

And speaking in broader terms, as with all medical procedures, sometimes things can go wrong. Even when you do everything diligently and even when you prepare yourself the best that you possibly can. Lewis Hamilton still crashes his car and Cristiano Ronaldo still misses penalties from time to time (and by saying this I don’t mean to compare myself to their greatness). But I don’t need to explain this to most of this community. These people here know a lot.

As for the “stubble” Ittiaz mentions. I really didn’t mean to evade anything. As I explained, the photos and descriptions he sent me weren’t clear enough for me to offer an answer that I’d be happy with. I will work with him to get better photos and together we’ll understand what he means.

Ittiaz is lucky that this community exists. I’m lucky that this community exists. We’re all very lucky for all the people who come here to help others and themselves everyday.

Thank you all.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8
  • Well Done 1

When I first discovered Dr. Ferreira to me he became one of those rare doctors that gave me hope about a future transplant for myself. Caring, concerned and passionate about what he does. I also never saw a doctor who was as much of a hair transplant/hair nerd as myself which I also loved to see. He is currently at the top of my list. As far as the OP goes, you are in great hands and you should take a minute to appreciate that even if you are currently upset with your situation. This all being said, the bottom line is this thread should not have been created bc 6 months is simply TOO early. No real panic mode should set in until the 8-9 month mark IMO. I will say though that the frontal post-op does not look too densily packed in anyway, so for 3500 grafts I'm wondering just how much was implanted into your crown area. There was no post-op photo of that.

Edited by ML488
  • Like 1

• Ittiaz1 changed the title to 6 MONTH results: should I be worried
1 hour ago, Dr. Bruno Ferreira said:

Wow! Just, wow!

Melvin was kind and diligent enough to bring this to my attention. I came to this thread expecting to feel quite distressed and annoyed as I read it. I take my work and the trust that patients put in me very seriously. Just thinking that a patient might be unhappy with how his/her hair transplant is evolving would ruin my day, regardlessly if I believe the surgery and result was a success or not.

I am truly amazed with how knowledgeable this community is, and how supportive you have all been to Ittiaz.

Ittiaz is going through a rough time. I can definitely understand what it is like to invest much of your time, effort and money into something that you want so badly to go right. It’s really hard to just wait for progress to come, especially when it isn’t within what you expected. It’s really frustrating and disheartening.

Therefore I am very grateful that you all gave him a massive amount of support and guidance. I’m definitely doing all I can to reassure Ittiaz that not only it’s too soon for us to make any conclusions, but also that I will be with him every step of the way. I don’t want to discuss too much of Ittiaz’s specifics (or post photos for that matter) without his proper authorization, but I believe I can say he is currently at day 178 post-op of his hair transplant. I completely understand and validate his concerns as well as say that in fact, I would like to see more growth now, but also that it’s not out of the ordinary to have slower growth and that we can’t really come to any conclusions or make any decisions now. We just need to be patient.

I’ve read what Ittiaz has written and, aside from the title of this thread, I believe what he’s said has been mostly fair to me. I can understand disappointment as that is a subjective emotion, but I can’t really agree with the word “results” as this is not a result. It surprised me a bit as I have a really good relationship with Ittiaz. He’s a really nice, well spoken and gentle man with good spirits. I remember us discussing football and boxing during his surgery. I even remember him explaining me how to throw a few punches while we were in my office. :) But I really don’t blame him. He is simply manifesting his frustration and I don’t take it personally. I’m actually glad he came here because now he can benefit from the support of this incredible community.

Apart from that, I’ve always stood and will stand by my work. Nobody wants a surgery to have an amazing result as much as I do (and nothing makes my day as much as that either). Therefore, when the time comes, if the results are not up to par, I am happy to invite Ittiaz back to our clinic for a touch up at no extra charge.

And all my patients know this (and Ittiaz can confirm this too because I tell this to each and everyone): At the moment of the initial consultation I always say “As with all hair transplants, an additional procedure or a touch-up might be required afterwards, albeit it’s usually not needed.”

And speaking in broader terms, as with all medical procedures, sometimes things can go wrong. Even when you do everything diligently and even when you prepare yourself the best that you possibly can. Lewis Hamilton still crashes his car and Cristiano Ronaldo still misses penalties from time to time (and by saying this I don’t mean to compare myself to their greatness). But I don’t need to explain this to most of this community. These people here know a lot.

As for the “stubble” Ittiaz mentions. I really didn’t mean to evade anything. As I explained, the photos and descriptions he sent me weren’t clear enough for me to offer an answer that I’d be happy with. I will work with him to get better photos and together we’ll understand what he means.

Ittiaz is lucky that this community exists. I’m lucky that this community exists. We’re all very lucky for all the people who come here to help others and themselves everyday.

Thank you all.

Hello Mr Ferreira 

May I say I'm just so happy you got onto this post. What other surgeon would do that. I was emotional and still am but much calmer now. Last two days have been tough. Thank you for the reassurances, it means so very much to me. 

There are very knowledgeable people on here and they have helped. But sometimes I may read to much into post and start thinking negative. Something I need to cut down on. 

And yes you are right  the title of this post was rather crude. I have since changed it. I want to be able to post again and say "look at my wonderful result now". 

Your post has put a smile on my face thank you 

Ittiaz. (Cheers melvin)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SD1984 said:

Damn that is some super high harvesting 😬

2 hours ago, Dr. Bruno Ferreira said:

Wow! Just, wow!

Thank you all.

I have felt it the right thing to do my rewriting my post.  

Thank you all

Ittiaz 

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Btw I did briefly speak to Dr. Ferreira, he said he was in communication with you and will stand by his work. A good sign of an ethical surgeon, while I know it doesn’t help your current feelings. I think it’s important for full context. I hope you end up satisfied in the end.

Thanks Melvin. I felt it the write thing to do by rewriting the post. Kept it simple and sincere. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Ittiaz1 and @Dr. Bruno Ferreira

This is the satisfying part of my job, helping bring physicians and patients together, which is really been our goal since we started. What separates a good surgeon from a great surgeon is how they stand by their work and their patients. I’m delighted to see that with Dr. Ferreira.

I’m glad our community is filled with knowledgeable members who help those in need of direction. Cultivating a positive, yet honest and open environment has been my goal for the year. I look forward to seeing your progress @Ittiaz1and if you ever have any questions or need help I’ll be here. 

Onwards and upwards,

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just try to be positive as much as you can about whole process. You have done everything you can at this point and it's time to put some faith into science by showing necessary patience in the following months. Dr Ferreira has proved numerous times already that he stands by his patients and utilizes every ounce of his being to create the best possible outcome. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll relish in satisfactory bliss at the end of the road.

Keep your head up.

• Like 1

• Moderators

In the photos it looks like most of the transplanted hair is still rather short, so you may be a slow grower. That may indicate that you have a good amount of improvement to come in the next few months.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 4 weeks later...

@Ittiaz1how's it going? Hope you are feeling better? Have you made any progress since your last post about a month ago(in two days time:)? Has your frontal area filled in a bit or at least are you seeing any growth there?

Edited by jambopilgrim

It can be frustrating waiting for your result to fully mature. But in real time your transplanted hair has only been growing for a few months at best at this stage. It will take much longer to fully mature and you achieve the final growth from your hair transplant. You need to also consider your expectations and what was discussed with your Doctor. Aspects such as the hair coverage and the distribution of the grafts. Resulting in what type of hair density will be achieved when fully grown out.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, deeside81 said:

Oh really? That’s worrying 

No I think it's just something that can happen sometimes. Doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Dr. Ferreira is an amazing surgeon. Even if there was an issue with the result he said that he would offer a touch up free of charge !

• Like 1

Hi @Ittiaz1

I'm highly considering Dr BF, but would love to hear about any progress on your aftercare treatment. As mentioned on this thread and everywhere else on this forum, the best doctors have their good cases and bad ones, but it's how they take care of you when things go wrong that separates the best of the best in the industry. Before I pull the trigger on committing to him, your feedback would be highly valued in making that decision. Thanks in advance, and although this can't be easy for you, we sincerely appreciate you sharing your experience in this forum. It is what helps all of us make better informed decisions on how we proceed with these life changing procedures. 

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Guys, 

I don't know why you are jumping to conclusions. In the end, the patient thanked me and thanked Dr. Ferreira. I don't believe that he has been compensated to stop posting. I believe he probably just decided to wait the 12 months before jumping to conclusions about the result. 

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi all

I know many of you have asked for updates, and spoke about there being agreements with the doctor and me not to post on here but that is absolutely not true. 

I emailed Dr Ferreira about my concerns and we both agreed i would update him every month until the 10 month mark. To be quite honest, he was actually happy i made a post on here. Each month i show him photos and videos if how its going and he analyses it. His after care is actually very good as he does care and wants the patient to be happy. Thats the feeling i am getting anyway.  A free of charge touch up is offered if the result did not meet the expectations. Not many clinics offer that. 

So, an update. Its been 8 months and yes there has been some improvement but i would like to wait until the final result has been achieved before i show more photos.  I would have expected  more coverage at this stage especially in the frontal area but i will wait the course before making any judgements. It looks better than it did at 6 months, thats for sure. I do believe i will need a touch up and am sure that will give me what i want. Furthermore i know dr Ferreira will want the desired result probably more than me. 

Ill keep you all updated and thank you for showing interest in my post. 

• Like 3

Thanks so much for the update. Its great to hear you have had some improvement and that the clinic are in regular contact. Be interesting to see your pics whenever your ready to post them. Fingers crossed that your growth continues. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Thanks so much for the update. Its great to hear you have had some improvement and that the clinic are in regular contact. Be interesting to see your pics whenever your ready to post them. Fingers crossed that your growth 

Thanks man. Hope you been well.  The main thing is that dr Ferreira will work to make it a desired outcome for me if at the end it is not what i expected. Thats keep my worrying amd stress  levels minimized. 

4 minutes ago, Ittiaz1 said:

Thanks man. Hope you been well.  The main thing is that dr Ferreira will work to make it a desired outcome for me if at the end it is not what i expected. Thats keep my worrying amd stress  levels minimized. 

It was a awesome response by Dr F. And he will do everything he can for you i never doubted it. Shows how much of a ethical clinic it is. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ittiaz1 said:

Hi all

I know many of you have asked for updates, and spoke about there being agreements with the doctor and me not to post on here but that is absolutely not true. 

I emailed Dr Ferreira about my concerns and we both agreed i would update him every month until the 10 month mark. To be quite honest, he was actually happy i made a post on here. Each month i show him photos and videos if how its going and he analyses it. His after care is actually very good as he does care and wants the patient to be happy. Thats the feeling i am getting anyway.  A free of charge touch up is offered if the result did not meet the expectations. Not many clinics offer that. 

So, an update. Its been 8 months and yes there has been some improvement but i would like to wait until the final result has been achieved before i show more photos.  I would have expected  more coverage at this stage especially in the frontal area but i will wait the course before making any judgements. It looks better than it did at 6 months, thats for sure. I do believe i will need a touch up and am sure that will give me what i want. Furthermore i know dr Ferreira will want the desired result probably more than me. 

Ill keep you all updated and thank you for showing interest in my post. 

Thanks for coming back and updating us. I agree that the level of aftercare described and shown here on the forum is top notch. 

I think if you're still seeing some additional improvement since the last photos, you're likely going to be in a position to reach your goals even if it does require another operation. I know it would be ideal to have that home run result on the first go, but since both you and the doctor are committed to getting you to a result you can both be satisfied with you are going to be just fine. It may simply take a bit longer than initially expected. 

I applaud you for taking a step back to evaluate your situation as calmly as possible. I'm sure it's a bit distressing but that big picture mindset is really important for this sort of thing since it's a lifelong struggle. I'm looking forward to your next update and hoping that you'll keep us in the loop all the way to your expected result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1