Q&A with Dr. Christine Shaver: What are the advantages and disadvantages of FUT vs FUE?

The Hair Transplant Network recently interviewed Dr. Christine Shaver, Head of the NYC Division of Bernstein Medical – Center for Hair Restoration. Dr. Shaver is a board-certified dermatologist and performs Robotic FUE and FUT hair transplant procedures, which brought a uniquely qualified perspective to this conversation.

During the interview, Dr. Shaver answers the following questions:

• What are the advantages and disadvantages of FUT vs FUE?
  • Patients can come in with unrealistic expectations for hair transplants. How do you manage this and help give patients the best outcomes for them?
  • What age is too young for a hair transplant?
  • What are the key differences between robotic hair transplants and manually performing the procedure?

• Like 2

Bernstein Medical - Center for Hair Restoration

Schedule a consultation HERE to request a graft estimate and quote.

Follow us on InstagramFacebookTwitter, and YouTube

The health and safety of our patients and staff is our top priority. For a more detailed look at our safety measures, click here. 

Got questions? Call us at 212-826-2400 

Dr. Bernstein is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• Administrators

I loved doing this, I found Dr. Shaver to very ethical in her approach. I look forward to our community hearing and seeing more of her.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.