KSL Hair Transplant Clinic

Hello,

I am interested in the opinion of the community about KSL Clinic. I am in process of booking a hair transplant with them and I will be travelling to the UK from Europe to get this done hopefully in the not too distant future once travelling is a little easier. I have seen a number of their celebrity patients and they look very good and they are offering me a very affordable price. I ran a search on here about KSL and what appears to be a partner clinic ( British Hair Clinic ) as I believe they use the same Doctors. I would appreciate some guidance and just see if the opinions I found on here on a number of threads are still current. Really appreciate any help as very nervous. Thanks Christian.

Wooaaa pump the brakes here chap... please don’t consider such a poor clinic such as KSL. Very poor work. Just search this forum if you want to see what the community thinks of them.

If your looking at the UK then consider Dr Arshad. Recently added to the forums recommended list and you will find a lot of results.

check out the following also:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/UK/United Kingdom

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 4

Hi John, thanks for the reply. I am trying to use the search to find out more. I have read a few mixed reviews and looking around but this seems to be the case with pretty much all clinics and doctors I'm searching especially if you are trying to find unhappy or unsatisfied patients. I like KSL as the price is really good but  this is why I am here to get some opinions. Thanks 

So many red flags 🚩 dont base any decision on “celebrity results” the only results you should be looking at is on a forum like this. Full patient 12 month journeys. 
Apart from Dr Arshad, Dr Reddy, Dr Farjo and maybe even Dr Ball the Uk doesn’t have any other clinics worth considering really. 
You could open up your options and consider Europe ? Spain, Portugal or Cyprus even. So many quality clinic options open to you.

Dr Freitas for example has recently been added to the recommended list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/ESP/Spain

• Like 2

• Administrators

I don't know anything about KSL clinics. Prices may sound attractive, but are there real reviews? Not just some IG page or social media account. If you're in the UK definitely take a look at Dr. Arshad, Reddy, Farjo. But I think you'll find that you don't have to sacrifice quality with affordability. You just need to travel. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/UK/United Kingdom

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/ESP/Spain

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/BEL/Belgium

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/CYP/Cyprus

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/surgeon-list/JOR/Jordan

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Check out the forums full recommended list:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp?sr=HRN-MOB

KSL is a very poor clinic and has some truly horrible results out there. You need to choose a clinic which has a proven track record of delivering excellent results.

Any clinic thats on the recommended list has proven that. Just trawl through the massive amount of patient/clinic journeys on the forum. 

• Administrators

There is a big mistake people make, and that is thinking cheap= better. Some even make the mistake and think expensive = quality. The truth is you can get both affordable quality. Dr. Arshad charges 3 per graft, that is definitely affordable quality and he's in the UK. There is a difference between cheap and affordable too. Some guys come here saying their max budget is $1,000. I say save up, or forget about surgery. Hair transplants are serious and you don't want to go to a budget clinic because thats all you can afford, it's not like a car, this is your head we're talking about.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Yep the key word is “affordable” a red flag is from a clinic offering a “nice price” or “a deal just for you”

Fact is in the Uk Dr Arshad is the best option at £3 a graft when it comes to being a quality clinic and still affordable.

When you looking in Europe such as Spain/Portugal and Cyprus then your looking at around €2.50 a graft. 

Anything cheaper isn’t going to be anything other than a hair mill or a poor clinic. 

3 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yep the key word is “affordable” a red flag is from a clinic offering a “nice price” or “a deal just for you”

Fact is in the Uk Dr Arshad is the best option at £3 a graft when it comes to being a quality clinic and still affordable.

When you looking in Europe such as Spain/Portugal and Cyprus then your looking at around €2.50 a graft. 

Anything cheaper isn’t going to be anything other than a hair mill or a poor clinic. 

£3 a graft is a very competitive rate from a UK clinic, and the work Dr A puts out has been impressive! 

Please cancel whatever you have going on with KSL, they are a clinic to avoid. Awful hairlines and plenty of horror stories online. 

They rely on working on Z list celebrities to market themselves , another red  flag. 

• Like 1

Thank you for all the replies. I will look into these recommendations further and will report back. There are certainly a range of opinions out there and the clinics recommended tend to be the ones recommended here which is good. I just want to be sure as this is a ig decison for me. I've never heard of Dr Arshad so will look into him as well as Dr Bicer who looks to be good on price too, which for me is very important, as I'm out of work and not got a professional footballers desposable salary. I did read on a topic that Drs recommended here pay to be recommended, is this correct? 

• Administrators
10 hours ago, ChristianHair said:

Thank you for all the replies. I will look into these recommendations further and will report back. There are certainly a range of opinions out there and the clinics recommended tend to be the ones recommended here which is good. I just want to be sure as this is a ig decison for me. I've never heard of Dr Arshad so will look into him as well as Dr Bicer who looks to be good on price too, which for me is very important, as I'm out of work and not got a professional footballers desposable salary. I did read on a topic that Drs recommended here pay to be recommended, is this correct? 

Our surgeons do not pay to get recommended. If approved by our community based on merit, reviews, and integrity, than they pay a monthly sponsorship fee to support the cost of running this site ad-free. But that is only if the community, our forum members, and physicians approve them.

It’s not like any clinic can say “hey I wanna be recommended here’s my payment.” We’ve set up an open and transparent process for recommending and approving surgeons that is  transparent and public. We do this to ensure our recommendations are truly vetted by not one person but thousands. It’s not one person saying any one doctor is good or worth recommending. 

So far we’ve had at least 7 clinics approach us this year, none of which were mentioned publicly or presented, because they don’t have the reviews or results to warrant a “potential” recommendation. 

For more information on our process go here 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/our-hair-restoration-physicians.asp

View my thread

Yes ok they may pay a monthly sponsorship but they will also be removed from the list if there are valid concerns. Just over the last 5 years we have seen a number of clinics be taken from the list. In particular Turkey. Bhatti was taken off having been on the recommended list for many years. 
Anybody on the current list is definitely worth considering. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

I really appreciate the response. Good that the community help determine things. I am new here obviously and do not mean to rub anyone up the wrong way. I am just trying to find answers so i really value your help. I spent several hours really looking into KSL based on opinions here from people to avoid them and it would definitely seem they are an unsavoury bunch. The owners have a very murky past. I believe they were forced to close yet reopened under new name whilst the owner was on the run. Thanks for helping me dodge a bullet.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This company has just made the UK press with a celebrity endorsement. I hadn't heard of them so searched the name....why am I not surprised?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 4 months later...

I’m searching for a hair transplant clinic too, don’t mind paying but for quality. Just read this and whats concerning me is the above comments looks like a lot of sales pitches I’ve seen specifically for whoever this dr A is or whoever the others are that pay this website, which seems dodgy in itself and possibly desperate to me 

From analysing this forum comments looks like Britalian and Curious25 seem suspiciously hell bent on promotion. They may all be genuinely good places tbh I like some of them, but just be careful with whoever negatively markets anything and then promotes another thing even if it’s on what’s seems to be a neutral forum or not - who knows these days - looks like you may have bought into that ChristianHair

I’m doing research by speaking to genuine patients themselves and all I can say is I wouldn’t go by anything written on just one Forum until you’ve spoken and seen the results of the actual patients yourself.

I think, do what I’m doing, and just go speak to all the clinics you’re interested in first and then ask the actual patients directly who have actually proven they have gone to them (I’ve asked the clinics and on Insta or TikTok) for those showing their own genuine experiences rather than being influenced and led down an alley by anyone here with possible alterior motives.

I’m finding less Forum research and actual speaking and visiting is better, the best clinics don’t even need their own promotion as they are fully booked which shows you. Just search and speak directly with patients who show their journey with the clinic that you’re interested in, it’s helping me.

Proof is in the actual pudding, I’m excited, I’ve narrowed it down to 2 places now just one is fully booked for months and the other isn’t so much, but good luck wherever all of you go 🤞👍

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs-down 1

Yes I’m a Tik Tok influencer for my favourite hair surgeons.

Funny what a difference the best part of 2 years can make - I wouldn’t recommended Dr A at all now if anyone was to ask, but at the time he was a relatively new name and I had seen a few decent enough results online, i didn’t outright recommend him though. 

And I maintain my comments with regards to KSL, their work continues to be awful, and they continue to rely on giving Z listers and YouTubers the same terrible hairline for their marketing strategy. 

Got to dash, I’ve got a new dance to work on for my channel.  

Edited by Curious25
  • Haha 2

Yes, you’re right I was going to say I’ve not seen much of this Dr A it seemed like heavy promotion to me from the comments above (apologies if you weren’t actually promoting) as I’m naturally a skeptical person but thanks for your update. I’m doing some sunday research as you do and will check Ksl out soon, just a question on hair line though as I suppose they are subjective to different people but I assume you get to choose and change your hairline till you’re happy?

Are there any other clinics you’ve seen more recently, I want want to get in touch with maybe few others and definitely their patients than the 2 I’m looking at? I’m open to switching to one I feel comfortable with tbh

Thanks, enjoy dance practice 👍

If you are based in Europe, I would recommend consulting with; 

Portugal

Dr Ferraria

Dr Pinto 

Spain

Dr Couto

Dr De Freitas 

Belgium

Dr Feriduni

Dr Mwamba 

Dr Bisanga 

Switzerland 

Hattingen Hair Clinic 

However - the general rule to follow is that there is no one best Dr for all, rather it be a particular Dr for a particular case, so without knowing what your situation is, the above is all very speculative.  

Post a few pics of KSL hairlines that you have seen, and that you have liked, and see what the feedback is like from the community on here. There are some very well versed and educated users on here, who have been around for years , some decades - I would trust the general consensus from experienced posters on here rather than a one off patient of a clinic on a Facebook group. 

• Like 3

• Valued Contributor
3 hours ago, John Calahan said:

I’m searching for a hair transplant clinic too, don’t mind paying but for quality. Just read this and whats concerning me is the above comments looks like a lot of sales pitches I’ve seen specifically for whoever this dr A is or whoever the others are that pay this website, which seems dodgy in itself and possibly desperate to me 

From analysing this forum comments looks like Britalian and Curious25 seem suspiciously hell bent on promotion. They may all be genuinely good places tbh I like some of them, but just be careful with whoever negatively markets anything and then promotes another thing even if it’s on what’s seems to be a neutral forum or not - who knows these days - looks like you may have bought into that ChristianHair

I’m doing research by speaking to genuine patients themselves and all I can say is I wouldn’t go by anything written on just one Forum until you’ve spoken and seen the results of the actual patients yourself.

I think, do what I’m doing, and just go speak to all the clinics you’re interested in first and then ask the actual patients directly who have actually proven they have gone to them (I’ve asked the clinics and on Insta or TikTok) for those showing their own genuine experiences rather than being influenced and led down an alley by anyone here with possible alterior motives.

I’m finding less Forum research and actual speaking and visiting is better, the best clinics don’t even need their own promotion as they are fully booked which shows you. Just search and speak directly with patients who show their journey with the clinic that you’re interested in, it’s helping me.

Proof is in the actual pudding, I’m excited, I’ve narrowed it down to 2 places now just one is fully booked for months and the other isn’t so much, but good luck wherever all of you go 🤞👍

Have you simply considered that the people that responded originally were simply trying to stop the OP from making a god awful mistake and getting ruined by a really bad clinic?

Just a side point on how best to do research...

Speaking with clinics is the *last* thing anyone should do. If you haven't already developed a fundamental framework of understanding about what good, natural looking hair restoration looks like and requires first, then how are you going to vet a clinic properly? How are you going to know what questions to ask of them? How will you be able to properly assess and critically inspect the results you're seeing? This even applies to patient testimony... I've seen so many videos of people on YT who are showcasing their results. I can see their results are not great (multigrafts in the hairline, poor angles, no irregularities etc), but they are DELIGHTED with the result. They simply don't know any better, and you see the same thing in the comments sections of these videos... It's mental.

• Well Done 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, John Calahan said:

First post defending clinic, nothing suspicious there, and how could visiting a clinic be better than looking up real independent reviews? Every clinic will show you their cherry picked work. On the forum you see the real deal. 

View my thread

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

If you are based in Europe, I would recommend consulting with; 

Portugal

Dr Ferraria

Dr Pinto 

Spain

Dr Couto

Dr De Freitas 

Belgium

Dr Feriduni

Dr Mwamba 

Dr Bisanga 

Switzerland 

Hattingen Hair Clinic 

However - the general rule to follow is that there is no one best Dr for all, rather it be a particular Dr for a particular case, so without knowing what your situation is, the above is all very speculative.  

Post a few pics of KSL hairlines that you have seen, and that you have liked, and see what the feedback is like from the community on here. There are some very well versed and educated users on here, who have been around for years , some decades - I would trust the general consensus from experienced posters on here rather than a one off patient of a clinic on a Facebook group. 

who in your opinion is the better DR from the Portuguese choices? both seem incredible tbh 

Thanks, Curious25, that’s a good point about the specific type of case and the doctor hadn’t thought of this, will look into this, really helpful

Berba11, I’m not questioning that, I agree yes of course it’s good to put an opinion out there as it may be saving us from a big mistake.

I don’t know as much as the veteran experts on here, I’m aware of most of the important things I need to look for before I go to the clinic but I respectfully disagree that it’s the “last thing to speak to the clinic” which you could be having the op at - I’ve been to a fair few already and it’s helped get a feel for them early by meeting them to exclude a lot like you said assuming you have knowledge, I’ve narrowed the list this far I guess

I do a lot of critical analysis for work so when I highlighted what I thought was suspiciously frequent mention of Dr A quite a few times by Britalian, Curious25 has importantly explained that was 2 yrs ago and a lot has changed since now making a U-turn on that opinion which is really useful for me and others to be aware of, thanks

Melvin-Moderator, I didn’t say visiting a clinic is better than independent reviews, for me it’s not one over the other (you’d probably agree it’s best to do both no?) (but as it’s difficult to truly know an independent review on internet forums these days i’m finding its better connecting and speaking to people who’ve had it done) and I’m not for or against a clinic I’ve not explored yet and is the reason my research has brought me onto this thread.

I’ve gone to ones I like in london which has narrowed them down and will need to find out more on this KSL concern after reading this before ruling them out

Curious25 I hadn’t thought of travel to Europe but i might add that to my options list outside the UK. I’m concerned about if any issues after the operation though