Had 2 small FUT surgeries 12 years ago. Thinking of going in for an FUE now, take fin daily. How many grafts do I need?

Could you please give some details of your previous procedures ? Graft counts/which Clinic etc. How the donor area is looking ? Previous ht pics if you have them. 
Difficult to know how many grafts you have left in the bank. 

Edited by JohnAC71

Frontal third is everything but the crown? I think I'm going to do it with Dr.  Alvarez in Colombia since I'm from Colombia

Edited by Jnass
  • Like 1

Just now, Jnass said:

I'm in the US right now. She is a great doctor and even more expensive than the usual Turkey procedure. 

Yes i believe you will be fine ! Please do post your journey on the forum if you do choose her 🙏

• Like 1

Hi @Jnass,

I am the coordinator of HDC clinic in Cyprus Nicosia with Dr. Maras and Dr. Christina.

I think you will need around 2500-3500 grafts.

You donor looks very strong above the average, I will be glad to assist and quote you in private.

Only our MD doctors do the surgical parts and the staff using microscopes to divide the single grafts.

You're also welcome to our Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

I myself had a repair procedure by Dr. Maras. 

• Like 1

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

• Administrators

To be honest, you need at least 3,500 grafts to restore the frontal third. I don't know where you got grafts placed, but it doesn't look like you have much of the hairline left. For your case, I agree FUE is probably your best bet. You need a clinic that can perform large FUE procedures at once. Eugenix comes to mind, Hasson and Wong, Dr. De Freitas, etc. Take your time and submit as many virtual consultations as possible.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

To be honest, you need at least 3,500 grafts to restore the frontal third. I don't know where you got grafts placed, but it doesn't look like you have much of the hairline left. For your case, I agree FUE is probably your best bet. You need a clinic that can perform large FUE procedures at once. Eugenix comes to mind, Hasson and Wong, Dr. De Freitas, etc. Take your time and submit as many virtual consultations as possible.

Thanks for the comments Melvin! I'm still confused about the frontal third, is that everything but the crown?