I'm accepting baldness but I still need some advice

So... to keep this short and sweet I'll give you all a quick overview. 

I'm 24 years old and pretty much NW6/7 with a pretty poor donor. I've been rocking a shaved head and beard for the 2 years now and I'm pretty happy with my look tbh.

However, I came across a video on the Eugenix youtube channel recently of where a man got a beard transplant and it looked pretty cool! I now want to raise my beard and make it a little thicker. I was wondering one of two things:

• How many grafts do you guys think I need to raise my beard to the line I've drawn?
  • Roughly how many grafts would I need?
  • Can the hairs be taken from the back of my head? (I'm not too bothered about a little bit of scarring provided that its not too bad)

All I really want is to remove my SMP and have a killer beard at this point, the SMP really helped me acclimatise to baldness and I'm now ready to go full Dwayne Johnson.

Thanks in Advance Gents!

IMG_2994.jpeg

IMG_2996.jpeg

IMG_3003.png

IMG_3004.png

IMG_3005.png

IMG_3006.png

IMG_3007.png

• Like 1

Someone else posted about filling patches in their beard recently and I posted this, copying that and the link below. If you google 'minoxidil beards' alot of guys use it to thicken up what they got, and unlike the scalp hairs, the converted baby facial hairs are permanent if you take it long enough. You'd also get a thickening effect from how minoxidil increases the hair growth cycles so that more of your hairs are growing at the same time -you would lose that benefit when you stop minoxidil regardless of how long you take it, of course. But maybe any additional converted hairs you get will be enough to achieve the thickening you want.  The dermarolling mentioned is more for the higher motivated and not necessary. But minoxidil is cheap and easy to apply to the face, worth a try in my opinion.  

----

Try minoxidil on the patchy areas of your beard, from what I've gleemed if you use it long enough the minoxidil can help convert the 'baby' vellus facial hairs into full terminal beard hairs. It all comes down to your genetics though in terms of how much benefit you get from that. And its not like applying to scalp hairs where you lose all your gains after you stop. If you keep applying the minoxidil long enough, up to a couple of years, depending on your genetics etc, those facial hairs that convert to terminal will stay that way.

23 minutes ago, ciaus said:

Indeed it was, his virgin post before the finasteride pivot, didn't even notice! :D

be strong @ciaus. I didn't even say anything bad about Finasteride. I said stuff about how people have a perceived notion about oral Finasteride but you seem to interpret everything as if it's an attack on your sacred but questionably weak belief of Finasteride safety 😁 But generally you gotta be more strong and not pay heed to what is written by random people on the internet. 1.25mg a day bro, don't give up. 

If you ever feel in doubt, I am happy to go over the research and explain placebo, nocebo, p-values, statistical significance and anything to ease your mind. The science on Finasteride safety is solid, and we need rationality in life. Stay strong 💪 I can send you some Youtube videos on classic biases which people exhibit if it helps you not get swayed by new accounts saying stuff about Finasteride. 😁

Edited by bald-and-bearded

26 minutes ago, bald-and-bearded said:

be strong @ciaus. I didn't even say anything bad about Finasteride. I said stuff about how people have a perceived notion about oral Finasteride but you seem to interpret everything as if it's an attack on your sacred but questionably weak belief of Finasteride safety 😁 But generally you gotta be more strong and not pay heed to what is written by random people on the internet. 1.25mg a day bro, don't give up. 

If you ever feel in doubt, I am happy to go over the research and explain placebo, nocebo, p-values, statistical significance and anything to ease your mind. The science on Finasteride safety is solid, and we need rationality in life. Stay strong 💪 I can send you some Youtube videos on classic biases which people exhibit if it helps you not get swayed by new accounts saying stuff about Finasteride. 😁

Carry on, I prefer letting people like you expose yourself.

• Administrators

Play nice guys. There's no need to carry things over from other threads.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I probably should have mentioned I tried minoxidil for a long time and it did work but eventually stopped sprouting new hairs. I’m wary this post is becoming a battleground for finasteride so let’s stop that discussion lol. 

if anyone can answer my questions I’d be very grateful. 👍🏽

• Like 1

This is difficult as you have such a high loss at a young age. You will have scarring from taking FUE from donor area. It may be noticeable as it’s not looking particularly strong even now. 
You could redistribute some from your chin area as it’s plentiful? As you like keeping a beard and scarring is so much less noticeable in this area anyway.

But this is just moving some of your beard from one area to another. Depends what beard you like to keep really. 

Edited by JohnAC71

Based on my research you would need about 500-1000 grafts for that (I'm only talking about the side areas and not considering anything on the front). I have heard surgeons do take hair from the head for beard because they are quite compatible but scarring at the back of head might be a problem. You seem to have very questionable donor hair on the head and it's probably not predictable which ones will survive. Why not use hair under the chin which no one can see anyway?

I made a similar post where someone from Dr Bisanga's team replied. Please check it out.

• Like 1