Hello everybody, my name is Jalolbek; I am 25; I have been experiencing hairloss for about 6 years. In my 19s it was just a little bit, but a few years ago started falling aggressively; however, now, it seems stopped or almost stopped(I hope), so that I decided to have a hair transplant. After some research, I have chosen HLC, and fortunately they have available dates in 12 days. So, I will be sharing my experience with you guys! Just give me your moral support, thank you!! :))) 

My prediction:

HLC will have some fantastic news for you on the day of your surgery.

In spite of your age, no medication, and whatever hairloss pattern you are currently experiencing, it turns out you're a great candidate for a HT. Not only that, you have an amazing donor area, so a large number of grafts won't be a problem in your first procedure.

I'll give it a 50/50 for that Jay-Something guy to post a multi-paragraph explanation for why this is the best decision a young dude could possibly make and definitely nothing to be concerned about.

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

My prediction:

In spite of your age, no medication, and whatever hairloss pattern you are currently experiencing, it turns out you're a great candidate for a HT. Not only that, you have an amazing donor area, so a large number of grafts won't be a problem in your first procedure.

I'll give it a 50/50 for that Jay-Something guy to post a multi-paragraph explanation for why this is the best decision a young dude could possibly make and definitely nothing to be concerned about.

Well that’s an unhelpful response isn’t it. OP hasn’t even stated whether he is on medication, and you’re firing shots at another forum user for no apparent reason?  

3 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Well that’s an unhelpful response isn’t it. OP hasn’t even stated whether he is on medication, and you’re firing shots at another forum user for no apparent reason?  

He's not on medication. If I misunderstood and he is on meds, then it magnifies what is already a terrible decision on his part because he has more aggressive hairloss than I thought (unstable even on meds).

@Jalolbek I'm trying to be supportive in the best way I know how. I don't feel that HLC is of the caliber that many on this forum do. It doesn't seem like HLC ever tells someone they aren't a good candidate for surgery. They don't give individualized online consults; everyone just receives a copy-paste and gets sorted on the day of surgery. It also doesn't seem like they ever recommend someone take Finasteride before the day of their procedure. Since they operate on a lot of very young guys, wouldn't it be more responsible to evaluate their reaction to Finasteride some time prior to surgery?

Do you know anything about the HLC doctors' training or credentials? They use their team of doctors as a selling point but don't give any credentials on their website.

What about aftercare - is there any? Do they respond in a timely manner to their patients' concerns and questions? I don't think these are good signs. They certainly aren't signs of doctors that really care.

If any of my predictions are wrong I will gladly apologize, but some of these threads are very Groundhog Day in how they play out, and I don't think they have good long-term implications.

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Like 1
  • Administrators

@PizzaWolf

I have previously asked you to refrain from these disparaging posts on member journey threads. You yourself do not have a thread documenting your journey. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone coming on the thread to post negative and disparaging posts. If you question the validity of any specific surgeon/clinic, please create your own thread and invite the community to discuss the issues you bring up. I'm not saying don't bring it up, or that they're not valid, but there is a time and place, and personal threads are not the place.

• Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@PizzaWolf

I have previously asked you to refrain from these disparaging posts on member journey threads. You yourself do not have a thread documenting your journey. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate someone coming on the thread to post negative and disparaging posts. If you question the validity of any specific surgeon/clinic, please create your own thread and invite the community to discuss the issues you bring up. I'm not saying don't bring it up, or that they're not valid, but there is a time and place, and personal threads are not the place.

He hasn't gone through with his surgery, so it wasn't my intent to disparage his journey, I just didn't view it as a one yet. I was stating what I felt to be a well-intentioned warning. I would hope the same was done for me if anyone thought I was entering into a possibly bad situation. I'm scheduled with Dr. De Freitas and I intend to post the experience to the forum when my time comes. I won't make any more posts like this in the experience threads.

10 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

My prediction:

Thank you man. I appreciate your support. No, I am not on medication, and here is my  hairloss pictures:

IMG_20210228_102735_946.jpg

IMG_20210228_102716_827.jpg

IMG_20210228_102648_694.jpg

IMG_20210228_102729_797.jpg

IMG_20210228_102655_550.jpg

IMG_20210228_102733_011.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jalolbek said:

Thank you man. I appreciate your support. No, I am not on medication, and here is my  hairloss pictures:

Have HLC seen these pictures? What have they proposed? 

With a high norwood level very evident i really do think you should consider meds to retain what you have. I am also wondering what the plan is ? Create a decent frontal third ? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Have HLC seen these pictures? What have they proposed? 

I ask them as maxim density as possible; They recommend me 3500-4000 grafts for the hairline and front half area. But I have seen pictures with less transplanted grafts with a great results.  They have a lot of good results on internet. They haven't said nothing about medication yet.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

He hasn't gone through with his surgery, so it wasn't my intent to disparage his journey, I just didn't view it as a one yet. I was stating what I felt to be a well-intentioned warning. I would hope the same was done for me if anyone thought I was entering into a possibly bad situation. I'm scheduled with Dr. De Freitas and I intend to post the experience to the forum when my time comes. I won't make any more posts like this in the experience threads.

Congratulations, look forward to seeing your thread 👏🏼

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

With a high norwood level very evident i really do think you should consider meds to retain what you have. I am also wondering what the plan is ? Create a decent frontal third ? 

Hi, yes I want the maximum possible density. And sure, I will use medication. I used Rogaine but it didn't help at all. 

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, Jalolbek said:

At your age, this could pose a serious problem in the near future without medication. Do you have Norwood 7s in your family?

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

At your age, this could pose a serious problem in the near future without medication. Do you have Norwood 7s in your family?

No, my father has norwood 5. I used Rogaine, but didn't see any results. I am planning to use some other med after HT

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Jalolbek said:

No, my father has norwood 5. I used Rogaine, but didn't see any results. I am planning to use some other med after HT

I also see that you’re basing your decision and having a procedure in 12 days. Watch this video

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I also see that you’re basing your decision and having a procedure in 12 days. Watch this video

Thanks for informative video and also for the forum you made! I don't think I am in rush since I have done my research for about 3-4 months; I know that it is not that long research but I feel confident about my decision. I was just reading through forums but registered recently to post about my decision. 

1 hour ago, Jalolbek said:

Thanks for informative video and also for the forum you made! I don't think I am in rush since I have done my research for about 3-4 months; I know that it is not that long research but I feel confident about my decision. I was just reading through forums but registered recently to post about my decision. 

Man, there is no way you should go through with this until you get on finasteride and see if you can stabilize your loss and get back some density. People around here might beat around the bush but you're going to be a NW6/7 before you're 30, and you're probably going to get a FUE and use up most of your grafts in one go. What will you do for the back of your head then? Have you given any thought to FUT?

You really should be getting on finasteride for around a year and seeing what the outcome is.  

Edited by TrialAcc
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

Man, there is no way you should go through with this until you get on finasteride and see if you can stabilize your loss and get back some density. People around here might beat around the bush but you're going to be a NW6/7 before you're 30, and you're probably going to get a FUE and use up most of your grafts in one go. What will you do for the back of your head then? Have you given any thought to FUT?

You really should be getting on finasteride for around a year and seeing what the outcome is.  

Thank you for your response. Yes I am thinking about it too; I want to have a deep consultation on site for sure before the surgery because my loss is not as aggressive as it was a few years ago, and I won't have HT if I am not confident about the outcome. And I want to combine my beard or chest hair for my crown area. I wasn't thinking to have FUT method; would it be better in my case?

Edited by Jalolbek
2 minutes ago, Jalolbek said:

Thank you for your response. Yes I am thinking about it too; I want to have a deep consultation on site for sure before the surgery because my loss is not as aggressive as it was a few years ago, and I won't have HT if I am not confident about the outcome. And I want to combine my beard or chest hair for my crown area. I wasn't thinking to have FUT method; would it be better in my case?

It's suggested that you can get an extra 3000 grafts total on average by doing a FUT and then FUE after. Perhaps someone else here would know about this a bit more. 

I didn't mean to be overly aggressive with telling you not to do what makes you happy, but please do very ample research and don't listen to just 1 clinic who says it will be great. Send your pictures to multiple clinics you see on this site and see what they recommend. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

It's suggested that you can get an extra 3000 grafts total on average by doing a FUT and then FUE after. Perhaps someone else here would know about this a bit more. 

I didn't mean to be overly aggressive with telling you not to do what makes you happy, but please do very ample research and don't listen to just 1 clinic who says it will be great. Send your pictures to multiple clinics you see on this site and see what they recommend. 

Thanks for your recommendations. I really appreciate it! 

• Like 1
On 4/6/2021 at 12:36 AM, PizzaWolf said:

My prediction:

I just want to mention that I consulted with HLC and as a NW 6/7 they said I had to be on meds for 6-12 months before they could evaluate my case. So they do require you to take medication in some cases.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Domino said:

I just want to mention that I consulted with HLC and as a NW 6/7 they said I had to be on meds for 6-12 months before they could evaluate my case. So they do require you to take medication in some cases.

Good, I guess? 

When there's no more hair to lose, HLC wants you to take meds?

Don't you think it's a little strange they didn't give the topic creator the same advice of 6-12 months on meds to evaluate? Or several of the other guys who have posted threads like this in the past months? Young (25 and under), aggressive ongoing hairloss, diffuse loss, etc.

Edited by PizzaWolf
On 4/7/2021 at 8:04 AM, Jalolbek said:

Thanks for your recommendations. I really appreciate it! 

Jalolbek, as others have warned you I strongly suggest you do more research Into this. Your age, no medications, and looking at a potentially unethical clinic in Turkey To take 4-5,000 Graftsis a recipe for disaster.

You really need a skilled surgeon to make a master plan to review your situation and to account for future loss etc. I don’t believe the clinic you chose in Turkey has your best interests in mind . 

• Like 1

You’ve chosen wisely clinic wise. They achieve Great results consistently and have done for many many years. I would def be hopping On Finasteride though with that level of hairloss