Looking for a good surgeon for EXTREMELY fine blonde hair...

It's rare that i see truly great results of fine, mousey-haired patients. it's actually rare that i see ANY results of these hair characteristics. Perhaps because it is difficult to achieve great results for obvious reasons - more grafts needed for density etc....

Just wondering what suggestions you guys have and if you could link any threads that spring to mind. Again, i have to repeat: i'm looking for EXTREMELY fine haired patients that are either light brown or blonde. 

I have seen a couple from Dr. Mwamba but I'm now struggling to find many of his threads on this forum. So, any surgeon recommendations that fit that description are welcome!

Thank you :)

• Administrators

I suggest sending some virtual consultations to our approved surgeons and ask them for examples. 

I’ve seen quite a few examples, a recent case is @TommyLucchese very fine blonde hair. Another case is @voxman @aaron1234is strawberry blonde medium fine hair, and so is @makehairgreatagain

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Just now, follically challenged said:

Yes ive seen that one before and also spoke to Rolandas briefly on here. I mentioned that i think my hair is actually thinner than his, though i can't be 100% sure...

Fine blonde hair isn't an "issue", and those with finer hair most likely have higher hairs/graft which makes up for the caliber somewhat. If your hair caliber is under average, it is true you need more grafts in the same area to achieve coverage. That said, fine blonde hair is the best fine hair to have - least contrast between hair and scalp. 

Contact some Doctors you like the results of that have had some patients with similar characteristics, they do exist. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

@follically challenged

Here’s a good starting point our full galley. We have thousands of before and after photos from all of our recommended surgeons. You can select based on baldness scale. Start looking for similar characteristics and then consult with the doctors that impress you directly from there. 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Share-info/hairloss-photos-men.asp

Heres an example for Dr. Wong this guy has baby soft blonde hair

image.jpeg

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Share-info/hairloss-photos-men.asp?offset=420

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

19 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@follically challenged

Here’s a good starting point our full galley. We have thousands of before and after photos from all of our recommended surgeons. You can select based on baldness scale. Start looking for similar characteristics and then consult with the doctors that impress you directly from there. 

image.jpeg

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Share-info/hairloss-photos-men.asp?offset=420

Oh my god those before pics gave me horrible flashbacks, my hair was exactly like that.

This is my result after Dr Feller. Dr Bloxham has taken over now but the OP here might want to consider him if he likes my result.

• Like 2

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

On 4/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, Parasol said:

@Rolandas seems to have thin blonde hair too. Bruno Ferreira did an excellent job on him.

To me it looks like medium/dark brown :D
20210226_195907.thumb.jpg.9d2380e871fe8c440479674c47d498d4.jpg

• Like 2

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:17 PM, j1mmy said:

Fine blonde hair isn't an "issue", and those with finer hair most likely have higher hairs/graft which makes up for the caliber somewhat. If your hair caliber is under average, it is true you need more grafts in the same area to achieve coverage. That said, fine blonde hair is the best fine hair to have - least contrast between hair and scalp. 

Contact some Doctors you like the results of that have had some patients with similar characteristics, they do exist. 

Yeah, I feel like the caliber and density are both somewhat lacking in my donor area, but can't be certain til i've met some doctors. 

Just waiting for the Covid shit to die down a bit and then i intend to start getting some expert opinions from up close

On 4/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@follically challenged

image.jpeg

Incredible. This is just what I was looking for: being able to deal with such 'baby hair'. 

I always figured if i went with H&W I'd choose Hasson as i'd seen more of his results, but this patient's work now makes me question my original feeling...

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 10:34 PM, TommyLucchese said:

Oh my god those before pics gave me horrible flashbacks, my hair was exactly like that.

This is my result after Dr Feller. Dr Bloxham has taken over now but the OP here might want to consider him if he likes my result.

I've seen this result before. Fantastic result, you must be so happy. Any difference in density over the years? Any intention to go back at any time for a top-up..?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Incredible. This is just what I was looking for: being able to deal with such 'baby hair'. 

I always figured if i went with H&W I'd choose Hasson as i'd seen more of his results, but this patient's work now makes me question my original feeling...

Not a bad idea to consult with both.

View my thread

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Yeah i guess that makes sense.

Reckon there's any chance i could speak with the baby-haired patient? I wonder if he's a member of this forum....

If he is he’s probably not active anymore, that looks like a result from a while ago. The image quality hasson and wong put out is a lot better now.

View my thread

8 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Yeah, I feel like the caliber and density are both somewhat lacking in my donor area, but can't be certain til i've met some doctors. 

Just waiting for the Covid shit to die down a bit and then i intend to start getting some expert opinions from up close

With good photos a Doctor can get a pretty decent "picture" of how your donor is. I had an in person consultation years ago, and the Dr said my donor was ok, probably average - maybe thinner parietal and temporal area (because you could see scalp on a grade 2/ 6mm haircut) around 60g/cm^2, but my occipital looked definitely better around 100cm^2. Hair caliber was average, there are enough 2's and 3's hair grafts.

I went away from it thinking I was probably average, or slightly below average. 

In bad photos photos with another Dr this year, he said "your parietal and temporal areas look like they could be thinner, but occipital looks better, so hopefully this is confirmed in person". Met him in person before surgery, and he confirmed the original consultation, with solid average caliber (55microns), and hairs/graft were more like 2.5 - 2.9, and then I felt confident that I was at least an average candidate, definitely not under average. Peace of mind :)

Edited by j1mmy

• Administrators
6 hours ago, j1mmy said:

With good photos a Doctor can get a pretty decent "picture" of how your donor is. I had an in person consultation years ago, and the Dr said my donor was ok, probably average - maybe thinner parietal and temporal area (because you could see scalp on a grade 2/ 6mm haircut) around 60g/cm^2, but my occipital looked definitely better around 100cm^2. Hair caliber was average, there are enough 2's and 3's hair grafts.

I went away from it thinking I was probably average, or slightly below average. 

In bad photos photos with another Dr this year, he said "your parietal and temporal areas look like they could be thinner, but occipital looks better, so hopefully this is confirmed in person". Met him in person before surgery, and he confirmed the original consultation, with solid average caliber (55microns), and hairs/graft were more like 2.5 - 2.9, and then I felt confident that I was at least an average candidate, definitely not under average. Peace of mind :)

I tend to agree. I remember I sent Dr. Konior several photos, videos, and once I flew out to meet him in person, he said that everything I submitted to him was pretty spot on, and that there were no surprises. 

• Like 1

View my thread