1840 grafts at HLC ankara

Rman

Hello, this is my first results post.

6 days ago I had my hairline reinforced and temples filled in a bit at HLC ankara. what do you guys think about the density and shape? there’s a million little concerns I have post-operation and I’m just looking for some opinions on what I’ve just done to my scalp. good or bad. 

meds: 3 years on min/fin with regrowth and stabilization 

grafts: 1838 @ 50/cm2

Im sure the order of the pictures is off but I included some “day of” pictures, some long hair before pictures, shaved head before pictures and a couple ‘few days after operation’ pictures

2773FF46-93AC-4746-84E0-7BDC9CD6EC45.jpeg

D62D4C37-0C56-4A79-8880-E1959341E439.jpeg

7BAA6975-AB41-4AEC-AFDD-2DE6CBA647E5.jpeg

7523F2BE-28F4-4C75-B4C8-AC87C61D323D.png

F59EC161-57FB-460E-A1F2-95CE8CA2E8AC.jpeg

AC26B032-A518-4DE3-9A0D-DF77B3590B42.png

2A4FD2C3-AE80-4083-8F42-BFE09481D1C1.jpeg

Edited by Rman

Hey it's you from reddit ! It is nice that you've posted here also.Honestly it looks great,now it's only a waiting game ... I'm same age as you and still researching about HTs,I've got similar hairline/temple recession as you had ,though I might go for 2k grafts.My regiment is kinda more aggressive with oral dutasteride and oral minoxidil...as for hair transplant clinics like HLC or HDC or BHR look really tempting ..

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your review, happy growing 🙂

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

one week update. Scabs and crusts were feeling loose so last night (6 days) i started gently massaging them off. happy with the density! no multi grafts in the hairline and the multi grafts behind the hairline should make up for the lack of density in the native hairs and make it look about the same I think. you’ll notice there aren’t many multis in the native area on the top of my head.

biggest concern now is the deep pink fleshy color that’s right at the base of a few of the hairs. if you look closely it’s a darker pink than the rest of the transplanted area. is this an issue with healing? or normal? 

A09B0C1F-E018-456F-86C3-F4F829939A27.jpeg

no more scabs! 

does anyone know how long the pinkness usually lasts? I’m noticing the recipient area is still a little swollen and protruding more than I expected. Assuming this is an inflammation thing that will subside in time. hopefully sooner than later.

all regular post op swelling has subsided after about day 4. this swelling on the recipient area feels firmer and more localized to the recipient area.

DDB00473-6B90-4089-B843-BC3AB8CDF62B.jpeg

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Rman said:

no more scabs! 

does anyone know how long the pinkness usually lasts? I’m noticing the recipient area is still a little swollen and protruding more than I expected. Assuming this is an inflammation thing that will subside in time. hopefully sooner than later.

all regular post op swelling has subsided after about day 4. this swelling on the recipient area feels firmer and more localized to the recipient area.

DDB00473-6B90-4089-B843-BC3AB8CDF62B.jpeg

You’ve done an excellent job cleaning. Wow probably one of the best I’ve seen so far kudos 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

8 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You’ve done an excellent job cleaning. Wow probably one of the best I’ve seen so far kudos 👏🏼

thank you! that’s very reassuring to hear 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

It's looking excellent. The redness is normal and it's just part of the healing process and part of the journey. It may settle down in two  months or three months. The important thing is to remind yourself that it will pass and compared to the rest of your life ahead of you it's nothing really (easy to say I know but I have been there). Great to hear that you are a responder to meds. You will have a great head of hair ahead of you. I look forward to your updates and thanks for sharing!

• Administrators
On 4/1/2021 at 12:22 AM, Rman said:

first pic is from 2 days ago (8 days post op) and second picture is from today (10 days post op)

D5BBE16F-1EA8-42B9-BFE7-AF0F4574A43E.jpeg

41E09348-FEB9-409A-8ED4-B4626CE65026.jpeg

Very clean donor

View my thread

18 hours ago, EvansLawrence said:

Hey buddy. Congrats on your surgery and the wise decision! Could you share with us what doctor(s) did the surgery?? Regards man

yeah sure. I believe the dr. was Umut at HLC in Ankara

about 2 weeks post op. I’m very happy with the density so far (only shed <5% so far i think) 

hairline is all single grafts but is the amount of multis just behind the hairline something I should worry about? or does this look fine?

1728FB39-0479-469B-8666-05637534932D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

a couple days late on the 3 week update I believe. It looks a lot better than I expected for 3 weeks. I haven’t experienced really any significant shedding. first time I saw a hair shed was around 10-12 days. some days I see 5 hairs shed and some days I see none. nothing sheds in the shower. hair is growing at the same rate as the rest of my hair. today I only saw like 3 hairs shed but they might’ve even been from my native area who knows. 

about to leave on a 2-3 month road trip to see every national park in the lower 48 states so i’m alone and away from everyone when it starts to look really bad but i’ll try to keep this updated as I go along.

04D5C4CB-B592-4EFF-89AE-84BDAB8088F8.png

• 3 weeks later...

a little over 6 weeks post op. shedding started between weeks 3-4 and has continued pretty steadily since then. I imagine i’ve lost around 40-50 percent of the new hairs so far. no real shock loss that i’ve noticed. very slight redness right on the hairline still shows through but nothing that i’ll be inclined to wear a hat about.

53A4A4EA-6055-4625-9192-E4619CE48810.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 6:16 PM, EvansLawrence said:

Hey buddy. When u massaged gently your crusts did also some hair go away with them? (I know in the HLC post op indications it says is normal and not to panic since the roots are inside). But did that happen in ur case?

Yeah I had some. not a whole lot though. my shedding started very late around the 1 month mark though so maybe that has something to do with it