1500 Grafts FUE - Dr. Vories

Carbon

This forum has been invaluable since I joined (Fall 2020). I always knew about hair transplant, but I never know about FUE.  I first learned FUE through a Instagram add. The ad had a doctor designing the patient’s hairline with a laser. I thought this was some hi-tech stuff and it looked cool. Started to read up on this clinic and FUE. Made a appointment with them as well for consultation (this was August 2020). I thought this can be a one and done deal for me, because I did not want to take pills and apply any topical for the rest of my life. I never did before and didn’t plan on it. I was pretty sold on this place and even booked a procedure for late December 2020. I didn’t even meet the doctor! 

As soon as I joined this forum, things started to change for the good. I became more educated and knowledgeable about FUE. Started taking finasteride. Reached out to many doctors that has been discussed and reviewed on this forum. Ended up canceling that procedure in December. So now it’s time for me to pay my dues by creating this thread, and hopefully I will be able to make a positive impact on someone who is in the same situation as me. 

After months of reading information on this site and talking to other doctors, I ended up going with Dr. Vories. Just had my procedure 3 days ago! He’s been responsive since we first connected and he still is post-op. He responds to emails and texts pretty quick actually. Through the photos I sent him, he recommended 2000 grafts to add density to hairline and front forelock area, but during the pre-op I told him I wanted to take a conservative approach and do 1500 grafts. My donor area isn’t as dense and I wanted to preserve as much as I can for future procedures.

I ain’t gonna lie, days leading up to the procedure I started getting cold feet and thought about canceling many times lol. I was excited, scared, and nervous. I still am and now I’m OCD about every little detail for post-op care. First day, I was freaking out about my donor area. It was red and just didn’t look right from my eyes. I thought it might of been over harvested too. But thanks to this forum and Dr. Vories, they assured me it was normal. 

Anyways overall experience was positive. Procedure started at 7am and was done by 11am. Staff was nice and accommodating. Dr. Vories easily accessible as well via text and email.

These are day of pictures taken by Dr. Vories. I will probably do another update at my 2 weeks. 

F74246ED-9AA8-42E4-AAE2-E57F99B144A9.jpeg

16BFE1AA-4F78-4508-8EE8-4978A08378CF.jpeg

D2DCC0C3-1587-43A3-883A-7DCAAF827E74.jpeg

4B93021C-93DB-4595-A7C6-8F7FBC240EC5.jpeg

0021AFE0-DCBB-4577-A611-7E48466377A6.jpeg

84D8091B-03DD-4845-8229-82E2AEDCF432.jpeg

433741D2-3BC3-4C5D-8BAC-87A971436E74.jpeg

7BFF9D60-0EA8-4938-95F7-CAD038A34056.jpeg

Edited by Carbon
Updated photos
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Carbon said:

Just fixed it. Thanks

No worries 😉 I like your sensible approach. The hairline isn’t too ambitious and like you mentioned I don’t actually think your donor area is particularly strong. 

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

No worries 😉 I like your sensible approach. The hairline isn’t too ambitious and like you mentioned I don’t actually think your donor area is particularly strong. 

I think I wouldn’t mind going lower 1/4-1/2 inch on the hairline. See how this turns out.

• Administrators

Fantastic write-up 👏🏼 I’ll be following your progress closely. Happy growing and glad our community was of value 🙂

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Tomorrow will mark my one week. I’ve noticed some of the scabs that is still on the scalp do not have a hair follicle in it. Does that mean the hair graft is absent from this implantation site?

Edited by Carbon

Just wanted to check in with the community today. Today marks my 10 day post op. I managed to remove majority of the scabs and dried blood today. Hairline does look a little weird to me. Lol. I’m not sure if it’s because of the fact that I never had a strong defined hairline and I am just not used to it, but I do see a few doubles on the hairline. Let me know what y’all think. Thanks.36943D3A-F238-4C37-96BC-EC882E9337D8.thumb.jpeg.af41b96e304a37067070db2e9257e61b.jpeg

2ABC6722-ECE0-41ED-B9DD-F56516C7FE89.jpeg

B56ABCD7-26E1-4F20-9DE9-F1F0A17536A6.jpeg

D828454B-EBD8-45D3-B302-A4538223A7E3.jpeg

Edited by Carbon
  • Like 1

2 weeks post op - 

Not much has changed, except hair is a bit longer. 

Donor area looks good in certain lighting. It’s really weird to me, because when I look at it in the mirror and I use a handheld mirror to look at the back of my head, I see thin spots and some scaring. Then I ask my wife to take a picture of it and it shows up good on the photos. I then ask her if what shows up on the picture is what she really sees in reality and she says yes. I’ll see if I can get it under a different lighting to show everyone what I mean.

1804B927-DACE-4EBD-B6C4-59366F3D6ADD.jpeg

B45BC06A-6249-451C-9C71-CDAB1A331E07.jpeg

AD7487FF-EB07-4CFA-8B23-FE214ABF4C40.jpeg

816A3E82-F84E-4C62-89F7-1F80E7D0BE7B.jpeg

2535670B-8AB1-4F37-B838-5E5330DDDC27.jpeg

63C12D36-9D79-4465-B5B5-723977EF8924.jpeg

B3DD1603-C441-4C39-BE83-0A69A3D3C7F7.jpeg

Edited by Carbon

I’m about 3 weeks today and shaved my donor area to a #1. I would say under most lighting conditions, it looks good. Can definitely tell a difference under my bathroom lighting. I know it’s still early.

Also the shedding is no joke! 

B36F82EB-9555-4156-8B97-86F196AB40B1.jpeg

EAC62EA0-F7E1-47A0-B524-ED43CF177551.jpeg

73FC5966-EDEC-4CD5-8794-9B62332FED5E.jpeg

CED0DC5D-04DB-408B-A880-BABD9A99A965.jpeg

229B268E-40B9-402A-8E79-9067E4EEB490.jpeg

• Administrators

Your donor looks pretty good considering it’s only been three weeks. But I can understand it’s a lot mentally to deal with. It will get better. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I’m at 4 weeks today. I probably shed at least 75% of my recipient hair by now. Have I hit the ugly duckling stage yet? Huge difference of emotions from day 10-14 to now. Lol I’ve been looking at some of the bald spots in the recipient area and asking myself “is hair really gonna grow out from there?” Does anyone have any advice on how to make the recipient area more presentable? Anyways trying to stay positive and grind this out for the next few months. Thanks for all the feedback and comments so far.

AA5C75C5-79D1-473F-A2FD-1DE10959BD86.jpeg

1F77FD62-C21E-4388-80B7-0614D86A8CDD.jpeg

B158C317-D0B2-4720-83BB-1DF816FBEAB8.jpeg

C7327ACA-4DE2-4835-A333-1BBB6AA7AC66.jpeg

Edited by Carbon

On 4/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, Carbon said:

I’m at 4 weeks today. I probably shed at least 75% of my recipient hair by now. Have I hit the ugly duckling stage yet? Huge difference of emotions from day 10-14 to now. Lol I’ve been looking at some of the bald spots in the recipient area and asking myself “is hair really gonna grow out from there?” Does anyone have any advice on how to make the recipient area more presentable? Anyways trying to stay positive and grind this out for the next few months. Thanks for all the feedback and comments so far.

Let the ugly duckling phase begin! We know this phase all too well. There's not much you can do to hide it. You could try some fibers, but I don't think you have enough native hair there. I basically wore a hat everyday for the first 4 months.

Yes, the shedding is brutal. This is the hardest part of the process. You won't stop looking at it... you'll have thoughts of regret... you'll worry endlessly that it won't grow. BUT IT WILL! Trust the process and suck it up for the next 2 months. 

I gotta say, Vories did a brilliant job. Super clean work! This is a homerun in the making!

• Like 2

At the 10 day mark when the scabs were all gone, the density level looked good. Once the recipient area is fully matured, does it return to that density level or does it become denser?

On 4/25/2021 at 5:44 PM, MachoVato said:

Yes, the shedding is brutal. This is the hardest part of the process. You won't stop looking at it... you'll have thoughts of regret... you'll worry endlessly that it won't grow. BUT IT WILL! Trust the process and suck it up for the next 2 months. 

This is spot on

1 hour ago, Carbon said:

At the 10 day mark when the scabs were all gone, the density level looked good. Once the recipient area is fully matured, does it return to that density level or does it become denser?

When the hair grows longer, it will *appear* more dense than it did at day 10. Longer hair creates shadows and hides the scalp. Especially the multiple grafts. They don't look dense at day 10... but at month 10 they will!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 4/27/2021 at 5:48 PM, Carbon said:

Is it safe to use topical minoxidil at this point?

Yes, you can start using that now. You may want to ask about oral minoxidil too.

View my thread

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to give a quick update. I’m a little over 2 months post op. I would say at least 90% of the grafts have shedded by now. Redness on the recipient area is gone by now. 

I am at a very confusing stage in this process. I’ve been on oral fin for the past 6 months and topical min for the past month. I started shedding the past week and not sure from which medication (maybe both?). I’m also starting to see very thin/fine (almost like peach fuzz) hair sprouting out of my recipient area. I’m not sure if the hairs are from the medication or transplanted hair. I also see just a few thicker caliber hair that is sprouting out. I know for sure those are the transplanted hair. I know it’s still early. Just wanted to check in. 

Edited by Carbon