Meet & Greet with Dr Arika Bansal in Dubai on Apr 23rd and 24th. for all your hair restoration related doubts.

Eugenix Hair Sciences bringing Dr Arika Bansal to Dubai on April 23rd and 24th. Book your slots and get all your hair transplant related doubts cleared.

anil.jpg

Edited by Abhinay Singh

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

• Abhinay Singh changed the title to Meet & Greet with Dr Arika Bansal in Dubai on Apr 23rd and 24th. for all your hair restoration related doubts.

Hi Abhinay,

Could you kindly ask Dr. Arika what ratio beard hair to scalp hair would be needed to fill up a crown and so it still looks respectable.

In other words, for every beard hair graft would it have to be equal 1 scalp hair graft??

Or could you have 2 beard hair grafts for every 1 scalp hair graft??

Or could you go even higher, 3 beard hair grafts for every 1 scalp hair graft??

Or put in simpler terms, could I get away with transplanting 1,000 scalp grafts and then 3,000 beard grafts?? (for a total of 4,000 grafts)??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Westview said:

Hi Abhinay,

Could you kindly ask Dr. Arika what ratio beard hair to scalp hair would be needed to fill up a crown and so it still looks respectable.

In other words, for every beard hair graft would it have to be equal 1 scalp hair graft??

Or could you have 2 beard hair grafts for every 1 scalp hair graft??

Or could you go even higher, 3 beard hair grafts for every 1 scalp hair graft??

Or put in simpler terms, could I get away with transplanting 1,000 scalp grafts and then 3,000 beard grafts?? (for a total of 4,000 grafts)??

Thank you for asking your questions. However, we would like to see your scalp and beard pictures prior to commenting on the same. Please share us the same at info@eugenix.in or +91 88264 73333.

Kind Regards
Abhinay Singh  -  I am no longer a representative for Eugenix Hair Sciences. If you want to contact them please see below:

Email : info@eugenix.in    WhatsApp Call/Message: +91 79-779-15534          My Hair Transplant Journey 
I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

16 minutes ago, Abhinay Singh said:

Thank you for asking your questions. However, we would like to see your scalp and beard pictures prior to commenting on the same. Please share us the same at info@eugenix.in or +91 88264 73333.

I cant really do that because I have greyish beard hair and it doesnt show up well on images.

Even if I dye the beard its still not very visible.

Is there no general standard as to what the ratio is??

Hi @Westview, I will let @Abhinay Singhappropriately answer this however, I have watched several Eugenix Q&As and videos and recall that you need scalp hair for the whorl of the crown, but can use beard hair in other places in the crown.

I could be making this up, but I think I might recall in one of the videos saying that for the crown you need maybe 500 scalp (or maybe it was 1000 scalp) for the whorl and the rest can transplant with beard. Again, I could be dreaming, but I seem to recall something like that.

There are probably other considerations for the ratio regarding the aesthetics such as how closely bread hairs mirror scalp hair, etc.

Again, this is a very amateurish advice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLA said:

Hi @Westview, I will let @Abhinay Singhappropriately answer this however, I have watched several Eugenix Q&As and videos and recall that you need scalp hair for the whorl of the crown, but can use beard hair in other places in the crown.

I could be making this up, but I think I might recall in one of the videos saying that for the crown you need maybe 500 scalp (or maybe it was 1000 scalp) for the whorl and the rest can transplant with beard. Again, I could be dreaming, but I seem to recall something like that.

There are probably other considerations for the ratio regarding the aesthetics such as how closely bread hairs mirror scalp hair, etc.

Again, this is a very amateurish advice

No, I think you're right about that. I remember reading something similar about the whorl and the crown.

Its somewhere between 500 and 1,000 grafts for the whorl

Edited by Westview

Just now, Westview said:

No, I think you're right about that. I remember reading something similar about the whorl and the crown

Yes, for sure....I am just not sure how many scalp grafts were needed for the whorl, but I think I heard maybe 500 (but not certain).

19 hours ago, Westview said:

I cant really do that because I have greyish beard hair and it doesnt show up well on images.

Even if I dye the beard its still not very visible.

Is there no general standard as to what the ratio is??

Crown requires large number of grafts to make it look fuller in comparison to the front due to presence of the whorl.  It's always better to have more scalp grafts due to larger follicles count per graft. 
The centre of the crown again demands only scalp grafts.
However it would depend on the area size. Higher or equal scalp to beard ratio is ideal.

• Like 1

Kind Regards