Short shave buzz FUE scars

Carbon

Anyone been able to get away with a #1 or 1/2 without scars being noticeable? Been looking at online pictures and have been seeing some really good donor results and also seen some really bad donor results. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Carbon said:

Anyone been able to get away with a #1 or 1/2 without scars being noticeable? Been looking at online pictures and have been seeing some really good donor results and also seen some really bad donor results. 

It depends on how well you scar, can some get away with #1 yes, I’d say most. 1/2 guard only those that scar exceptionally well. Zero guard a very small portion.

I cut my hair 1/2 guard to a #2 

0A0143BD-2005-44BB-8365-FAC040D1FDE4.jpeg

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, rj. said:

(scars visible if you know what to look for)

Same

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Really doesn't bother me. I go to a half quite high on a fade and even if people were to notice, it wouldn't concern me at all. I don't think there's any/much stigma attached to HT's anymore, so just own it. I can safely say I have never looked closely at the back/sides of friends heads, so it's pretty unlikely anyone will yours.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It depends on how well you scar, can some get away with #1 yes, I’d say most. 1/2 guard only those that scar exceptionally well. Zero guard a very small portion.

I cut my hair 1/2 guard to a #2 

0A0143BD-2005-44BB-8365-FAC040D1FDE4.jpeg

Thanks for that picture. That’s the same type of fade I get on my sides.

• Administrators

5,300 grafts 

View my thread

• Administrators
2 hours ago, rj. said:

Really doesn't bother me. I go to a half quite high on a fade and even if people were to notice, it wouldn't concern me at all. I don't think there's any/much stigma attached to HT's anymore, so just own it. I can safely say I have never looked closely at the back/sides of friends heads, so it's pretty unlikely anyone will yours.

Most people wouldn’t even know what they’re looking at, they would just think its the haircut. Only someone who knows could detect them, and if they know it’s cause they’ve had one or are interested in getting one, so who cares.

If you look closely you’ll see scars, but nothing that I’m concerned about.

2CA60816-3669-406A-8559-8259925030E9.jpeg

• Like 1

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely agree with Melvin and Karen81.  It would take a trained or experienced eye to see those FUE scars.  They exist of course but are barely discernible from several feet away especially with a small extraction “punch” size (ex. 0.8 mm).

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Most people wouldn’t even know what they’re looking at, they would just think its the haircut. Only someone who knows could detect them, and if they know it’s cause they’ve had one or are interested in getting one, so who cares.

If you look closely you’ll see scars, but nothing that I’m concerned about.

2CA60816-3669-406A-8559-8259925030E9.jpeg

Sometimes during past summer I have suspected of people having a HT. I have tried to check their donors either on a pool or at the beach and I could never say for sure if they had had a FUE procedure. 

So that's why FUE (if done with a good surgeon) gives peace of mind to those who go for it.

By the way, great looking donor.

Well said “Zinedine”.  7,000+ grafts for me and so glad I chose FUE.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.