Dermarolling? How to - a good tutorial

Doctor with whom I had transplant  done told me Dermarolling can cause hair loss. Not sure if he meant to patients who has recently done hair transplant or to anybody in general. Since I am unsure I will not quote doctors name nor I will ever do Dermarolling. In case Dermarolling helps. I still do not think you can do it everyday because it causes tiny injuries and causes more scalp irritation. May be once in 10 days you probably can do dermarolling. Another reason I feel derma rolling does not help is in case of hair transplants scalp needs to be completely healed to regrow newly transplanted hair,  since derma rolling does tiny injuries, if your scalp is always injured not sure it will help.  Sorry if my reply caused more confusion.

On 3/21/2021 at 4:30 AM, pradeepbr said:

Doctor with whom I had transplant  done told me Dermarolling can cause hair loss. Not sure if he meant to patients who has recently done hair transplant or to anybody in general. Since I am unsure I will not quote doctors name nor I will ever do Dermarolling. In case Dermarolling helps. I still do not think you can do it everyday because it causes tiny injuries and causes more scalp irritation. May be once in 10 days you probably can do dermarolling. Another reason I feel derma rolling does not help is in case of hair transplants scalp needs to be completely healed to regrow newly transplanted hair,  since derma rolling does tiny injuries, if your scalp is always injured not sure it will help.  Sorry if my reply caused more confusion.

Dermarolling doesn't cause hair loss. And if your hair transplant doc was trying to convince you of that I'd be thinking conflict of interest opinion; ie the better dermarolling works, the less hair he can transplant, the less money he makes.

And you dermaroll once or twice a week.

• Moderators
On 3/24/2021 at 1:32 PM, ciaus said:

Dermarolling doesn't cause hair loss. And if your hair transplant doc was trying to convince you of that I'd be thinking conflict of interest opinion; ie the better dermarolling works, the less hair he can transplant, the less money he makes.

I do think it can stop transplanted hair from growing in if you start doing it too soon after the hair transplant. If you had a hair transplant I would wait until the transplanted hair is fully gown in before trying it. That's just my opinion.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.