35 days after, questions and help.

At 35 days after the transplant you are in the 'ugly duckling' phase, where the hairs have shed. If you aren't taking minoxidil currently, that could potentially help kickstart some of your hairs back into the growth phase a little quicker. But the main thing is you need to be patient, everyone has to go through this part, and try not to obsess each day. The hair will start coming back in about 2 to 3 months from now.

12 hours ago, ciaus said:

At 35 days after the transplant you are in the 'ugly duckling' phase, where the hairs have shed. If you aren't taking minoxidil currently, that could potentially help kickstart some of your hairs back into the growth phase a little quicker. But the main thing is you need to be patient, everyone has to go through this part, and try not to obsess each day. The hair will start coming back in about 2 to 3 months from now.

don't use but i am thinking to start. whole head? or only transplanted sites?

I wouldn't try applying it over your whole head, at least at first. You have a pretty big transplanted area, I'd focus it there. Too much minoxidil can cause side effects like lightheadness, dizziness, headaches. There's a full list of rare and more common side effects at the link below. There may be other members here that do apply it to their full head (not their donor side areas, just all over the top), it depends on how sensitive your body is to it.

6-8 months after your procedure most of the hairs should be sprouting. How much longer you keep applying it to the front is up to you. It works better on the crown area in the back. Long term, if you aren't taking finasteride already you should look into it, works great with minoxidil to help limit or at least delay how many more hair transplants you'll need in the future.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/minoxidil-topical-route/side-effects/drg-20068750

3 hours ago, ciaus said:

I wouldn't try applying it over your whole head, at least at first. You have a pretty big transplanted area, I'd focus it there. Too much minoxidil can cause side effects like lightheadness, dizziness, headaches. There's a full list of rare and more common side effects at the link below. There may be other members here that do apply it to their full head (not their donor side areas, just all over the top), it depends on how sensitive your body is to it.

6-8 months after your procedure most of the hairs should be sprouting. How much longer you keep applying it to the front is up to you. It works better on the crown area in the back. Long term, if you aren't taking finasteride already you should look into it, works great with minoxidil to help limit or at least delay how many more hair transplants you'll need in the future.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/minoxidil-topical-route/side-effects/drg-20068750

This is my look on the operation day, and two weeks after if u need this

IMG_20210303_151835.jpg

received_353726322671444.jpeg

received_296080831951410.jpeg

So you got some work on your crown too. Go ahead and try putting the minoxidil in each of your transplanted areas. I would use the liquid minoxidil instead of the foam so you can measure it better. Its easy to get carried away and apply too much because you are worried about making sure you apply enough.

2 hours ago, ciaus said:

So you got some work on your crown too. Go ahead and try putting the minoxidil in each of your transplanted areas. I would use the liquid minoxidil instead of the foam so you can measure it better. Its easy to get carried away and apply too much because you are worried about making sure you apply enough.

I'm afraid that when I start lubricating my hair will fall out. Also apply to thinning spots? or only where transplant?

22 hours ago, Patro1995 said:

I'm afraid that when I start lubricating my hair will fall out. Also apply to thinning spots? or only where transplant?

I'd start with just the transplanted areas for 1-2 weeks, give your body a little time to adjust and see how sensitive you are in terms of getting any side effects. If you handle it fine go ahead and apply it to your thinning areas too. An initial shed is possible when you start minoxidil, but its just temporary to the extent that it happens, as the follicles prepare to start their new longer growth cycles. If you're working from home now and can wear a hat wherever you do go, its the perfect time to start.

16 minutes ago, ciaus said:

I'd start with just the transplanted areas for 1-2 weeks, give your body a little time to adjust and see how sensitive you are in terms of getting any side effects. If you handle it fine go ahead and apply it to your thinning areas too. An initial shed is possible when you start minoxidil, but its just temporary to the extent that it happens, as the follicles prepare to start their new longer growth cycles. If you're working from home now and can wear a hat wherever you do go, its the perfect time to start.

in a week I go to the dermatologist, I want to start taking finasteride 0.5, then maybe I will add minoxidil. Thank you for your help.