Field report Dr. Pekiner - HT FUE - 3104 grafts - March 2021

Tug

Hello everyone, 

I underwent a hair transplant from 8 to 10.03.2021 with Dr. Kaan in Ankara and am now 8 days post surgery. As a silent reader, I have been following the posts here in the forum for quite some time and have been able to gather many important insights for my own HT. In this context, I would like to share my experience report with you in order to possibly also serve as a help for others. True to the motto: Give it back to the community! 

Background 
- 26 years old 
- Hair loss for about 5-6 years 
- Medication: Minoxidil (stopped due to severe shedding and irritation), Finasteride since 2018

Why Dr. Kaan?
- Expertise in donor management due to my young age
- FUE including manual harvesting 
- Doctor takes care of all essential processes himself
- Very good results in various forums (here, Alopezia, BelliCapelli)
- Comprehensive consultation and analysis of my situation including previous history 
- Friendly and informative communication via contact person

Arrival and hotel
- PCR test (Corona) and complete blood count in Germany
- Direct flight on 7.3.2021 via SunExpress from Düsseldorf to Ankara
- Pick-up by the driver went smoothly
- The hotel "Atakösk" recommended by the clinic is at most okay, but the location (maximum 200m to the clinic) is great

Clinic
The clinic is well equipped and very modern. It is especially nice that you are the only patient and therefore really relaxed. It is also nice that you have your "own" lounge. There are various drinks and small refreshments available for the breaks. 

Planning and surgery
Every surgery day started at 8 am. On the first day, after a pleasant meeting with Dr. Kaan, we planned the operation. We discussed the pros and cons of various options and finally agreed on 3100-3200 grafts to fill the front and the midscalp with a density of about 50 per cm2, which decreases slightly towards the midscalp. Afterwards, the hair was shaved and the procedure began. The anaesthesia and the injections are not that bad and were easy for me to bear. The only unpleasant part was lying on my stomach while the grafts were being removed. As far as the timing is concerned, in my case about 500 grafts were taken out and then there was a short break. Then the grafts were inserted. After this procedure there was a lunch break. The food during the lunch break is good and tasty. This procedure was repeated for the next two days and was altogether more bearable than I had expected. I did not need painkillers on any of the days of the operation. Only lying around for a long time is a bit annoying, but since I often fell asleep during the operation, this was not a problem on the whole. It is also important to mention that you have the possibility to contact Dr. Kaan after each day of the operation in case of complications. 

Aftercare  
The bandage was removed, the donor was smeared with Bepanthen and saline solution was applied to the recipient. Afterwards, Dr Kaan examined me again and told me that everything looked very good. I was also given the post-operative instructions and given medication and lotion. Afterwards, I was able to ask Dr. Kaan open questions.

Conclusion
All in all, I felt very well looked after. I was particularly impressed by the doctor's friendly manner coupled with his expertise. The fact that only one patient is treated per day is also a great advantage in my opinion. I have the impression that Dr. Kaan sets the highest standards for himself and does everything for a good result for his patients. I am now hoping for a good result and looking forward to the coming months. 

I will try to update this post on a monthly basis and post transparent and honest pictures. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them as best as possible. 

Greetings Tug

1. Starting situation - Donor.jpg

1. Starting situation - front.png

1. Starting situation - left.png

1. Starting situation - right.png

1. Starting situation - top.jpg

2. Pre Op  - left.png

2. Pre Op - front.png

2. Pre Op - right.png

2. Pre Op - back.jpg

3. Post Op - Donor.jpg

3. Post Op - front.jpg

3. Post Op - left.png

3. Post Op - right.png

Graft_count.png

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 11:47 PM, RandoBrando517 said:

Is it true Pekiner charges 2.70 per graft?

PRICES :

MANUAL FUE: 2,25 €/ graft with full shave, 2,50 € /graft with partial shave

FUE UNSHAVEN: 2,75 € / graft

BHT (body hair): € 2.50 / graft

8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

PRICES :

I think they are his old prices. This is from his page on the Italian forum:

PRICE LIST (WILL REMAIN IN FORCE DURING THE SARS-COV2 PANDEMIC PERIOD)

2.5 Euro per graft for ordinary FUE with complete shave

2.7 Euro per graft for BHT (Body Hair Transplant) (FUE with beard, chest, limbs, back, abdomen extractions etc.)

3 Euro per graft for long hair FUE
- a professional barber will take care of shaving only the donor, so that it can be aesthetically presentable as soon as it is healed, usually within a few days. The grafts will then be carried out in the middle of long hair which, from the very first days, will mask the transplanted areas.

It is possible to obtain a discount with the "last minute" offer, particularly suitable for those who do not need to plan the intervention well in advance. In this case, the clinic will decide the dates of the intervention shortly in advance.
CONTACT THE CONSULTANT FOR ESTIMATES AND INFORMATION ABOUT IT.

The price includes transport service with private driver from the airport to the hotel and back. Lunch at the clinic is also included plus all pre and post transplant medicines: Bepanthenol cream for the donor, saline solution for the recipient, Cefaks antibiotic, paracetamol pain reliever and finally cardioaspirin. The first two in 100 ml packs suitable for transporting liquids at the airport.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

I think they are his old prices. This is from his page on the Italian forum:

PRICE LIST (WILL REMAIN IN FORCE DURING THE SARS-COV2 PANDEMIC PERIOD)

2.5 Euro per graft for ordinary FUE with complete shave

2.7 Euro per graft for BHT (Body Hair Transplant) (FUE with beard, chest, limbs, back, abdomen extractions etc.)

3 Euro per graft for long hair FUE
- a professional barber will take care of shaving only the donor, so that it can be aesthetically presentable as soon as it is healed, usually within a few days. The grafts will then be carried out in the middle of long hair which, from the very first days, will mask the transplanted areas.

It is possible to obtain a discount with the "last minute" offer, particularly suitable for those who do not need to plan the intervention well in advance. In this case, the clinic will decide the dates of the intervention shortly in advance.
CONTACT THE CONSULTANT FOR ESTIMATES AND INFORMATION ABOUT IT.

The price includes transport service with private driver from the airport to the hotel and back. Lunch at the clinic is also included plus all pre and post transplant medicines: Bepanthenol cream for the donor, saline solution for the recipient, Cefaks antibiotic, paracetamol pain reliever and finally cardioaspirin. The first two in 100 ml packs suitable for transporting liquids at the airport.

Interesting, yes being part of the same Italian forum it seems they changed during the pandemic. Still very good though ! 👌

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

PRICES :

In my case, the prices quoted here were correct, however, it is quite possible that there has been a change due to the pandemic. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tug said:

In my case, the prices quoted here were correct, however, it is quite possible that there has been a change due to the pandemic. 

Thanks for clarifying!  🙏

Edited by JohnAC71

• 1 month later...

Hey Fellas, 

attached are new photos from 45 days post op. The Shock Loss is now showing on the entire transplanted area, however I think I have good hair/skin contrast which may mitigate it a bit. I can no longer detect any redness, but this may also be due to the previously mentioned contrast. The donor already looks very good in my opinion. 

I look forward to your feedback. 

Greetings 

Tug

IMG_D4D93C905AE0-1 2.jpeg

IMG_D21F996C830C-1.jpeg

IMG_E717792F0F06-1.jpeg

IMG_ECE2B66EF3DF-1.jpeg

IMG_C9FD1468842D-1.jpeg

• Like 2

On 4/26/2021 at 12:56 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Your looking really good at this early stage. The donor area looks like it has not been touched ! 👏

Thanks Mate!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2021 at 12:12 PM, Tug said:

Hey Fellas, 

attached are new photos from 45 days post op. The Shock Loss is now showing on the entire transplanted area, however I think I have good hair/skin contrast which may mitigate it a bit. I can no longer detect any redness, but this may also be due to the previously mentioned contrast. The donor already looks very good in my opinion. 

I look forward to your feedback. 

Greetings 

Tug

IMG_D4D93C905AE0-1 2.jpeg

IMG_D21F996C830C-1.jpeg

IMG_E717792F0F06-1.jpeg

IMG_ECE2B66EF3DF-1.jpeg

IMG_C9FD1468842D-1.jpeg

Looking really great at 45 days!

And that donor, impressive. It´s fantastic, both the natural density you have and how Dr. Pekiner has treated all that area.

Cant wait to see the final result of this HT, it´s gonna be a home run for sure.

Keep us posted 😉

Hey guys, 

first of all thank you very much for your patience. Attached you will find new pictures, which were taken 110 days after the surgery. The hair has not been cut yet. As before the surgery I am taking 1mg of finasteride to prevent further hair loss. Otherwise I do not take any other medication or lotion. The hair can already be styled somewhat (see last photo). 

I look forward to your feedback and opinions! 

Best regards 

Tug

IMG_5627.PNG

IMG_5628.PNG

IMG_5629.PNG

IMG_5626.PNG

IMG_5625.PNG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5632.jpg

Edited by Tug
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Seems like this slipped under the radar. Looks really good for under 4 months! How is it now?

Thanks mate, 

in my opinion it looks excellent. I've been to the hairdresser in the meantime and can style hair like I haven't in years. I especially like the density and naturalness. Updates in the form of photos will come in a week on 10.08. 

Greetings, 

Tug

• Like 2

Hello guys, 

here is the update 5 months after the surgery. I have attached pictures of both the styled and unstyled hair. Overall, I have to say that I am very satisfied. In my opinion, the result already looks very natural. Many people who have not seen me for a while because of the Corona Pandemic have not noticed at all that I have undergone a procedure. My hairdresser also confirmed a great result (considering the healing process such as redness and the visual improvement). I am also happy with the density. The fact that I am only in my fifth month makes me even more confident. I hope that the left temple point and the front hairline will still improve a little, although that's complaining at a high level. 

I look forward to your feedback and suggestions. 

Best regards, 

Tug

Design ohne Titel.jpg

IMG_5967.PNG

IMG_5970.PNG

IMG_5968.PNG

IMG_5969.PNG

IMG_5972.PNG

IMG_5971.PNG

IMG_5973.PNG

IMG_5956.JPG

• Like 3