Disaster experience with tayfun oguzoglu drthair.com and medistate in Istanbul Turkey

sam.sami

i hoped that i won't need to do this but here we go.

A nightmare that has been ongoing for two years and it drags on.

to start with, i did not suffer any major hair loss in my 37 year, i had some weakening in the hairline especially in the middle and the widow's peak.

To cut the story short i ended up going to tayfun oguzoglu (www.drthair.com) at medistate in Istanbul Turkey . agreeing to do about 2500 grafts, and it was the worst decision of my life.

please see the attached video  , where i started and the result in march 2021 after 2 years from my procedure.

turns out that these people are liars and only after the money . the first big lie was they can achieve 70 grafts per cm density (a really big fat lie).

and now after 2 year and after contacting them [both Galina an Nasimi]for help time and again, and i asked for a refund atleast, but all they came up with is recommending a second HT an the use of Finasteride .

i will keep you guys updated and if any one interested in more detail let me know.

• Sad 1

Sorry to read yet another poor hair mill result. Your situation is fixable though if you choose a better clinic next time. With only 2500 (probs less) grafts used you should have a lot more left in your donor area. 
At best they might have refunded you, at worst you could have gone back. 

2 minutes ago, sam.sami said:

@JohnAC71 but i have to go through hell and a lot of time to get this some what fixed , first scars on my forehead, maybe hair removal first, laser therapy, etc. and yet these bullshiter continue to rope people.

I feel your pain man... if you do want some ideas of who can help fix it please let me know. Have you got a pic of your donor area ? How is that looking after your ht ? Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

I feel your pain man... if you do want some ideas of who can help fix it please let me know. Have you got a pic of your donor area ? How is that looking after your ht ? Thanks 🙏 

i have a lot of pictures and details i will be posting soon, thanks👍

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 12:11 PM, JohnAC71 said:

Thanks 🙏 look forward to seeing them 

@JohnAC71

comming back to the story. here are photos of my doner

1-first photo is two days after HT

2- second photo is 3 or 4 month after.

3- last two are recent , 1 year + after HT

i still have some left, but i must be very very very careful.

d.jpg

6.jpg

P_20201015_230456.jpg

P_20191021_212246.jpg

Edited by sam.sami

to continue with some more details.

i am 37 years old , my hair loss was not by any means big or extensive, it dose not particularly run in my family.
i thought that a 2500 graft procedure would do me wonders (an over kill) (now in retrospect what i needed probably was between 1000 an 1500),
finally i chose Tayfun oguzoglu and DrTHair clinic in Istanbul after  they told me they can achieve 70 grafts per cm (www.drthair.com, gethair.co.uk, @tayfunoguzoglu)

in February 2019 i went to Istanbul, i meet the doctor on the day of the procedure, he draw a line on my forehead, i immediately though that this is too low of a hairline and told him that, he adjusted it a little bit, i still thought it was still too low. finally he told me that everything will be above the line and he will not implant hair on or under the line, so i agreed to that.
again i retrospect 70 grafts per cm is a big fat lie, i believe  he could not justify 2500 grafts in such a small area so he kept pushing for a lower hairline, and he ended up implanting hair outside the area we agreed upon .
i payed for 2500 grafts and after about 3 hours i was finished and they told me they did 2200 grafts with about 60 grafts per cm (978 singles, 641 doubles ,582  other). i then spent two more days in Istanbul and then went home. 978 singles out of 2200 is hard to believe.

shortly after i went home i noticed that the hairline was too low and that he probably went outside the agreed area, it was wrongly shaped also ( i had hair implanted in my forehead wrinkle lines) it was irritating and uncomfortable. however i told myself if the density is good i could live with it or make my hair dresser adjust it for me.
Here i am 2 years  later my result is a total disaster.

the photos speak for themselves.
1-zoom in the first photo and see the direction of hair growth (its all over the place), literary up side down.
2-second photo, again look at the direction of growth.
3 - lower line where he implanted hair, higher line is where my first forehead wrinkle line is.

173945.jpg

15555.jpg

2.jpg

• Administrators

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Have you consulted with any if our doctors?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Have you consulted with any if our doctors?

no i have not,

i contacted the clinic where i did the HT, but they are refusing to take any responsibility. only offer from them is a second HT done as they put it "absolutely" the same way as the first one.  i asked for a refund at least but these Liars are un willing to do so, and no way in hell i am letting them touch me ever again after seeing and experiencing how they operate.

i had consultation with 2 local doctors (a plastic surgeon and a dermatologist ), and my plan so far is to do laser hair removal and resurfacing to try to reform the hairline as mush as possible, then go for a second smallest possible HT to make things look natural again.

@Melvin-Moderator

Edited by sam.sami

I’m sorry to hear about another unfortunate outcome from Turkey. You’re not the first and probably won’t be last to have this experience.  Please consider contacting another skilled surgeon in the EU who should be able to help you. The good news is that your situation is fixable. 

Edited by Helios

9 minutes ago, Helios said:

I’m sorry to hear about another unfortunate outcome from Turkey. You’re not the first and probably won’t be last to have this experience.  Please consider contacting another skilled surgeon in the EU who should be able to help you. The good news is that your situation is fixable. 

@Helios i am so pissed off that these people continue these lies with no consequence . maybe my case is a bit flexible and fixable, but considering where i started it is just a disaster (for God sake i was not bald or balding) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sam.sami said:

@Helios i am so pissed off that these people continue these lies with no consequence . maybe my case is a bit flexible and fixable, but considering where i started it is just a disaster (for God sake i was not bald or balding) 

Yes I understand that. It’s an unfortunate reality of the world today. You are not the first to deal with this but as I said, fortunately it is fixable.

If you want my opinion for a surgeon I would contact HDC and Dr Maras purely based on the fact that they repair so many cases of patients that went to Turkey and had undesirable results, so unfortunately they’ve become sort of experts at repairing surgeries from Turkey but of course the surgeon is your choice and yours alone. Wish you the best in any case and again sorry you didn’t get the desired results you deserved. 

• 1 year later...

Any update ? 

I saw you haven't been connected for a while. 

Tayfun Oguzoglu is just another hairmill. 

This is why I always say: IAHRS membership means absolutely NOTHING. 

There are good surgeons there and there are also bad ones. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Let me botch you said:

Any update ? 

I saw you haven't been connected for a while. 

Tayfun Oguzoglu is just another hairmill. 

This is why I always say: IAHRS membership means absolutely NOTHING. 

There are good surgeons there and there are also bad ones. 

Agreed. The only “certification” that has any meaning is ABHRS as you are required to take a test to check your knowledge of surgery among other things. However, it’s still a written test and does not mean the surgeon has operating skills

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 5BetaReductase said:

Agreed. The only “certification” that has any meaning is ABHRS as you are required to take a test to check your knowledge of surgery among other things. However, it’s still a written test and does not mean the surgeon has operating skills

I do not believe the ABHRS is an official government recognised like some other medical organisations. So although it may seem like a good thing, trust me when i say the Hair Transplant industry just like the oft referred to "Illusion of Density" has just as much of an illusion of regulatory bodies. Most of these are just private organisations attempting to give select groups an appearance of higher legitimacy. 

If you truly even dig deeper, you'll find just how difficult it is for some doctors in the US, UK, Europe etc. to sometimes be held to account in regulated government fields, let alone trying to get justice in an aesthetic field like hair transplants with subjectivity almost all over the place. 

• Like 3