1852 FUE with Dr. Robert Dorin (NYC)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Today is one year since my hair transplant.

There were times I thought it wasn't possible for this day to come and time never marched more slowly than during the ugly duckling months. But march on it did. 

The FUE with Dr. Dorin was the best money I ever spent. I am a tough critic, so there's no way I think it is perfect and I am already scheming on a second round. But a random gorgeous woman told me the other day she loves my hair and I nearly ascended into heaven.

I have some diffuse thinning behind the transplant and thinning at my crown, but not sure if enough to move forward with a second procedure without risking too much of the native hair. We did 1852 grafts and I never had an expectation of a thick hairline, but it is still a bummer to see the thinness in places and the right side is certainly less dense than the left. 

I am trying to grow my hair long, which was the driving dream of this whole endeavor, and I've learned (the hard way) about what hair styles work for me and which don't. For me, any style where the hair is lifted at all, especially pompadour style, seems to invite trouble if harsh light collides with it.

That's the problem, though, with an excellent illusion of density: it's easy to forget it's an illusion, too. Nothing like a friend's camera with a flash and harsh light to snap you right back to reality. Live, learn.

Right now, I am on 1mg finasteride daily, topical minoxidil twice per day, and I try to microneedle once per week. 

I haven't been great about posting here, as I intended a year ago, since this has been a very hard year otherwise. I am going to try to post more and will check private messages if I ever can be of help to anyone else. 

Okay here's some pics, not really trying to make it "look good," just showing where we were immediately pre-op and now are:

18E1B716-FFFB-4400-8297-0522F63427E8.jpeg

D3F235ED-1B0E-43AA-B874-A007D8200D10.jpeg

C55AF9B3-A244-4343-B623-056CFDCDE9D8.jpeg

3EDBF17B-91C6-41F1-BDDF-20BA9CADA2FE.jpeg

B324CE48-2323-4A29-8CE3-3D818BD2BF3A.jpeg

Edited by dotdashdashdash
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Looks excellent man very happy for you 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

It's not an extremely thick hair line, but when you compare it with how much recession you had before, it looks great.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.