1852 FUE with Dr. Robert Dorin (NYC)

100 days, and now we're having fun.

The last time I wrote here—at 64 days—I was bummed to the say least. Thank you to everyone who wrote to tell me to hang in there.

Growth started to pick up around 80 days and, for the last week especially, every day I see more and more improvement. 

To me, growing hair from a transplant feels like you are watching a movie of your hair loss slowly rewind: you start by looking like you should shave it off, then like you've got some thinning and should start taking medication, only to finally land on looking like you are among the genetically blessed.

I have an appointment with my doctor next month about trying finasteride, and I am considering adding Regenepure DR shampoo for the ketoconazole. I know there's a bunch on the forum about fin that I am reading, but if you have any experience with Regenepure I'd love to hear.

Here are a couple of pics!

107B0361-4A8A-4FAA-9D83-65C2C9B585F3.jpeg

5FA2CBF2-1D9B-4DAE-BABC-5631A8383DFF.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looking good man thanks for updating us 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looking really good. Never heard of the shampoo. I have always used Nizarol/T-Gel or Alpecin. 🙏

Thank you!

How do you like the Nizarol? Did you have any shedding? Did it make your hair super dry or did you use it in combination with anything else?

7 minutes ago, dotdashdashdash said:

Thank you!

How do you like the Nizarol? Did you have any shedding? Did it make your hair super dry or did you use it in combination with anything else?

I have psoriasis so Nizarol really helped for my situation. I think the key is finding a  shampoo suitable for our needs. Nizarol/Baby shampoo are the most commonly used for most people. 

Looking good.  I'm so glad you are pleased.  I know the medications are popular but I've never taken any medication for hair loss.  Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but there's no visible change in my hair loss since my first surgery in 2012.  My wife is a hair dresser and checks it often.  Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Four months.

Just a quick update here. Happy with the progress so far, though there are some stubborn areas that are taking their time to grow and of course that's annoying. I keep flipping back to my day-of-surgery pics to remind myself, yes, there are grafts under there. Especially right in the front center.

Still a little nervous about doing the Regenepure DR shampoo. Having read some people say they had shed, well, the last thing I want to do is lose any new hair. On the other hand, I don't want to not take something because...the last thing I want to do is lose any new hair. 

Not taking finasteride yet, but I have an appointment with my doctor next Wednesday. I am applying minoxidil twice per day. I did a round of PRP treatment in parallel to the hair transplant and...I don't know. At best it has stabilized my hair, but I certainly see no improvement elsewhere.

Mostly right now just excited to get to five and six months, when it seems like lots of folks report big leaps in growth.

B6B18E51-879C-4F5F-8B18-F5C46DF88EFF.jpeg

EB3C9634-DFEB-4A9C-911B-DB3BE2261D27.jpeg

4B46A17E-0203-4A5F-80E3-E0074D21B341.jpeg

• Administrators

You’ve turned the corner fun starts now.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Moderators

So you should be nearing 4.5 months? If that's correct then for the next two months you should see some nice growth. Good luck.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

2 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Some good growth occurring 😀 I’m not a massive fan of PRP to be honest, as you mentioned I don’t really see the benefits. Thanks for the update 🙏

Yeah re PRP, I am curious whether PRP + A Cell makes a difference. I wasn't super careful about the practice I went to for PRP and so did not check out what their protocol is. Now, it feels like there's no real difference. 

Did you try PRP? Do you think it matters how they do the PRP and something like PRP plus A Cell? 

Looking good now.  You should see big improvements in the coming weeks.  Keep us posted.  Keep growing!

• Like 2

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Five months! 

Inspired by how Melvin takes pics in non-ideal lighting, I’ve done the same. Everything seems like it’s moving in the right direction even if there are some persistently lagging spots. (Fortunately that describes dead center where it’s super obvious.) 

Anyway very excited to be at month five! I have high hopes for the next two months.

Here are some pics in the least flattering light I could manage!

C31630D9-37E0-4B14-B107-5D13E0F97D74.jpeg

0DEE0657-1198-4064-AA32-8EB81A9048A8.jpeg

085764E4-3A76-4D35-9B18-222DC3CD2A9D.jpeg

• Like 1

Hang in there and be patient.  More growth is on the way.  Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Improving immensely 👏🏼

• Like 1

View my thread

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone, sorry for falling behind. At roughly 8 months, here we are. 

Had a big milestone: went to get a haircut that I was happy during and after. First time I can say that in years.

Still feeling frustrated with lack of growth in some places especially left side and front-and-center.

Can I expect more to sprout out at this point? It seems like there’s a lot of dry land where I could swear there were grafts. Seems a little late for hair to be emerging? Please say I’m wrong.

Overall though I’m very happy. Life changing, no exaggeration.

5D12C3D9-3D86-41B4-AECF-5EA2D91151BB.jpeg

2466350F-CA65-46C7-852A-8F89D1CFD58D.jpeg

410F1A6D-2BD6-409A-BBF7-7DA1E000B423.jpeg

• Administrators

Everything is looking great, though its hard to see so close up. Do you mind taking some pictures further away from the camera?

View my thread

• Administrators

Everything is looking absolutely excellent.

View my thread