Worried about small patch with no hair growth (5 months post-op, photo's included)

Overall I should be very pleased with the results after 4 months and 25 days. But I am worried about a small patch on my hairline, I am really obsessed with it. I am staring it all the time, taking photo's, ask my girlfriend about it etc. etc.. I should be happy with my results (get a lot of compliments), but at this moment I am not, just of this.

There is one patch in my hairline which should contain 2-3 grafts which haven't popped (yet?), and there were two short hairs in my skin. They were shedded because I just took them out of my skin without any resistance (photo is before).

Do you think I just could have a delayed growth in this area, thus expect growth later on? Or do I have to expect this grafts to be dead? And if I found these maybe there are many more 'dead grafts'.

In my opinion I haven't got any more popped grafts between month 4-5.

This is now, with flash (5 months post-op)

inCollage_20210309_170145860.thumb.jpg.4d14f8e24916f558e4b3c4f7edb98a9a.jpg

1615303670630.thumb.jpg.a969fc7b6dea4ca39701ab3e50223104.jpg

4 months comparison 

IMG-20210207-WA0052.thumb.jpg.69730d4bf5d1f86e0f8c2af4cce4f3da.jpg

Edited by alex1985

• alex1985 changed the title to Worried about small patch with no hair growth (5 months post-op, photo's included)
  • Administrators

Watch this 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator, great info! Correct me if I am wrong, the examples in your video looks more like maturation than newly popped grafts..? In my case it looks like, some grafts just didn't pop. What do you think of my progress so far?

Edited by alex1985

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, alex1985 said:

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator, great info! Correct me if I am wrong, the examples in your video looks more like maturation than newly popped grafts..? In my case it looks like, some grafts just didn't pop. What do you think of my progress so far?

Nope, did you see the whole video? The second example I gave was of @Cahustler who didn’t have much growth at all at 5 months.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Lol don't stress, your hair looks great even this early on. In the case that small section you pointed out doesn't end up growing its not a big problem to get it touched up with a few grafts. But imo you're in a good position and will get a great result. Relax and enjoy  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

It's coming along great. You can't worry about where every hair should be placed or should be growing from. You have to look at the overall picture.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The regrowth occurs intermittently and this is why it takes a good solid 12 months to judge the growth of the grafts.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

It helped I started finasteride at 19 years old. I am 36 now. 

Thanks guys, your postive feedback is really encouraging, I am over critical (litterly searching for every little flaw). 

My word, I must know a thousand guys who would die for that massive head of hair...how do you improve on that result?

• Like 1

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Really good result overall! For the small section without hair, honestly maybe the doc or tech made an error of some kind, or didn't put enough grafts in. But as you experienced firsthand, even great HT's are not 100% perfect. 

• Administrators
On 5/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, alex1985 said:

And this is with wet hair:

foto1.jpg

foto4.jpg

foto3.jpg

I don’t see any patches. You have amazing hair my friend, you look like bluuman on YouTube, which is a hair model. So, yea that says it all lol.

View my thread

• Administrators
On 5/1/2021 at 3:36 PM, alex1985 said:

Well that patch didn't grow, but overall pleased with the results:

IMG-20210414-WA0047.jpg

20210501_190314.jpg

20210501_193611.jpg

image.jpeg
 you’ve made it 

View my thread

Quite a resemblance!

Gillenator