Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Rafael De Freitas

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Accommodation is included in the price. So yes amazing value for such a elite clinic/Dr. 

Wow! Not to mention it's in Valencia, Spain, which is beautiful. A vacation with a purpose, ha.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, caricatura said:

Wow! Not to mention it's in Valencia, Spain, which is beautiful. A vacation with a purpose, ha.

Really look forward to them being added to the recommended list (hopefully 🤞)Spain have some awesome Drs and Freitas is up there with the best Imho. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

Looks all rather impressive to my untrained eye.

Don't want to sidetrack the discussion but since we're on the topic of pricing - are there any primer threads that cover on a country by country basis within the EU how hair surgery is treated for VAT purposes?

e.g. I guess in this current case of Spain, it could be 21%,or maybe less if there's some carve-out.

He absolutely should be recommended.  Excellent hairline designs.  

I do have a question though.  He seems to transplant at very high density at the hairline.  Does this ever adversely affect yield or cause necrosis? 

• Like 1

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• Administrators
10 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Great clinic, surgeon and colleague. Looking forward to joining us all here!

Thanks your your input Dr. Bargouthi. It really is reassuring to get colleague approval 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, splitting hairs said:

He absolutely should be recommended.  Excellent hairline designs.  

I do have a question though.  He seems to transplant at very high density at the hairline.  Does this ever adversely affect yield or cause necrosis? 

I haven’t seen any issues with necrosis. He achieves exceptional density, but many of the cases are multiple procedures. So there’s no risk of compromising the yield or blood supply.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

We’ve had overwhelmingly positive remarks and responses. I sent out two newsletters yesterday asking for additional input, to make sure we have due process. But I’m very confident thus far. We’ll have a decision shortly. Thank you all who’ve participated and provided input and feedback.

View my thread

How many patients per day are operated on?

Currently only one patient posted thread on the HRN.

More patient posted threads from other doctors like Bruno Ferreira, HLC, and others.

This recommendation seems like it would be based heavily on popularity rather than direct evidence from this forum. That seems antithetical to what HRN alleges it's about.

Also, what parts of the process is the doctor involved in and which parts are handled by techs? 

How many grafts does Dr. De Freitas do in each session? Will something like a 3000 graft hairline procedure require multiple return trips to Spain?

Does De Freitas offer to fix the transplant if it goes wrong?

On 3/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

From 1-1000 grafts he charges 3.5 euros. From 1001 grafts and beyond he charges 2.5 euros. That price is actually lower than a lot of these hair mills in Turkey. It really is a no-brainer at that cost. Also the cost of accommodation (4 star hotel) is included in their prices for patients outside of Valencia Spain. 

For FUE or FUT?

4 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

More patient posted threads from other doctors like Bruno Ferreira, HLC, and others.

This recommendation seems like it would be based heavily on popularity rather than direct evidence from this forum. That seems antithetical to what HRN alleges it's about.

I agree with the above. Not enough posts independently posted by patients, surely one patient posed result is way too little to even consider recommendation at this stage?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coady said:

Definitely yes from me. One of the best for sure. Anyone know how long his waiting list is ?

This is a direct quote from them I got on the 9th Feb:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our waiting list is about a year. However, for American patients we have reserved available appointments.
Contact us for more information.
Kind regards.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

1-2 patients per day, there is a language barrier which is why many of their patients post on the Spanish forum (I’ve verified this myself, as I can speak Spanish). Many of our senior forum members have confirmed this as well. If they are popular it is for good reason. Quality and skill is not antihetical to HRN.

View my thread

• Administrators
5 hours ago, deeznuts said:

Also, what parts of the process is the doctor involved in and which parts are handled by techs? 

How many grafts does Dr. De Freitas do in each session? Will something like a 3000 graft hairline procedure require multiple return trips to Spain?

Does De Freitas offer to fix the transplant if it goes wrong?

All of this information is in my first post on this thread. All of our doctors must stand by their work. Before a doctor is put up for recommendation, they are told this, which is why our recommendations have credibility.

View my thread

• Administrators
4 hours ago, deeznuts said:

For FUE or FUT?

He only performs FUE. I suggest taking a look at the first post and reading it entirely.

View my thread

• Administrators
3 hours ago, teeplant said:

I agree with the above. Not enough posts independently posted by patients, surely one patient posed result is way too little to even consider recommendation at this stage?

This doctor does not only have one review.

Dear Community,

It seems there is confusion on our mantra. We have/will always weigh legitimate patient reviews higher than clinic results. However, we are not the only platform where legitimate reviews are posted. While we may be the most popular and biggest one in the English speaking world, it would be disingenuous of me to say we are the only one. 

What do we consider a legitimate review? Someone who’s posted their journey from start to finish, with monthly updates. Someone who’s interacting on the platform. I’ve visited and had an account on other forums besides our own. I can say that the Spanish forum is a legitimate source of reviews. Do we want more reviews on this forum? Absolutely, hopefully that will change in the near future. 

View my thread

For what it's worth to interested parties, I am not fluent in Spanish, but Google translate generally does the job over there if you can put up with the occasional awkward turn of phrase. Posts will sometimes sound a bit "off" but it's extremely rare to find a post where you can't understand what's being said. 

On 3/11/2021 at 7:50 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

1-2 patients per day, there is a language barrier which is why many of their patients post on the Spanish forum (I’ve verified this myself, as I can speak Spanish). Many of our senior forum members have confirmed this as well. If they are popular it is for good reason. Quality and skill is not antihetical to HRN.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought quality and skill might be something the HRN was trying to avoid😉

I wanted to know if there were true specific metrics or criteria a doctor needs to meet for recommendation. There are other clinics/doctors that have significantly more patient posted threads on this forum but haven't been put up for recommendation.

Does someone from the HRN visit a doctor's clinic before considering a recommendation? 

How does the HRN continue to evaluate their recommendations over time?

Edited by PizzaWolf

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought qualty and skill might be something the HRN was trying to avoid😉

I wanted to know if there were true specific metrics or criteria a doctor needs to meet for recommendation. There are other clinics/doctors that have significantly more patient posted threads on this forum but haven't been put up for recommendation.

Does someone from the HRN visit a doctor's clinic before considering a recommendation? 

How does the HRN continue to evaluate their recommendations over time?

Yes, I actually had big plans for visiting many of our clinics. I had announced it in 2019, and then covid happened. Ideally, we like to pay our clinics a visit and view them in surgery every few years, if they can find a consenting patient. Most recently I visited Dr. Mohebi on Monday and did a live Q&A while filming the surgery. It was great I suggest you check it out on Instagram. In terms of how we maintain quality control, we look to you guys (the patient/consumer). We removed two surgeons within a years time based on the feedback of our community.

At this time, with travel restrictions it’s impossible to visit a clinic before putting them up for recommendation. That is why we look for the input and feedback of our community, the saying “strength in numbers” is true for our community. It’s why we are unique and why physicians want to align themselves with a community that provides credibility.

I have plans to reach out to some of these clinics as well later this year, but becoming recommended takes two. We’ve had surgeons remove themselves from consideration, for fear of negative feedback on an open forum. Some of our competitors have even tried to sway surgeons away from joining because of our open forum and because we value transparency. I can understand the apprehension, but I’ve always found that most of our community is fair and reasonable. Even having this open dialogue and discussion shows a great deal of transparency, which is the foundation of trust and credibility. It’s essential.  

• Like 1

View my thread