Input Requested Regarding The Potential Recommendation of Dr. Rafael De Freitas

• Administrators
Dear valued members, physicians, and visitors of our community, 

As most of you know, we request input from our community and our recommended physicians before we approve any physician for a recommendation. We invite you to review the below information about Dr. Rafael De Freitas @De Freitas Clinic and his results and to post a reply with your opinion. You can also message us privately if you prefer.

Dr. Rafael De Freitas has been a forum favorite since his clinic started posting last month. His quality, case presentation, results, and details have been awe-inspiring, to say the least. 

We are now considering him for a potential recommendation- this requires that he meet our strict community standards of performing ultra-refined follicular unit grafting with consistently high yields and excellent results. We expect our surgeons to be able to not only dense-pack quality follicular unit grafting but also have the capacity and staffing to transplant thousands of follicular units per day. 

Our recommended physicians must operate transparently and be held publicly accountable, knowing that their patients may come to our forum and review them right after surgery. Transparency builds trust and accountability, which is the foundation for credibility. That is why our list of recommendations is unlike any other on the internet. We use the collective wisdom and input of the entire community.

Why we Feel Dr. De Freitas is worthy of recommendation. 

Dr. Rafael De Freitas graduated from Medical School at the University of Extramadura, located in Spain. After completing higher surgical training and medicine from the University of Extramadura in Spain, he became certified in trichology and hair implantation by the University of Alcala - Madrid. 

Dr. De Freitas is a big believer in continuously evolving and honing his hair transplant surgeon's skill. Dr. De Freitas has attended numerous workshops and hands-on training. Including Perfeccionamiento Tecnica (perfect technique) with Dr. Jose Lorenzo and the Italian Society of Hair Restoration in Rome, Italy. He attended the 2nd Mediterranean FUE workshop with Dr. Jose Lorenzo and Dr. Alex Ginzburg in Madrid. He has attended numerous International Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons (ISHRS) conferences all around the world.  

Dr. De Freitas has a full-time exclusive hair restoration practice – Clinica De Freitas, based out of Valencia, Spain. Dr. De Freitas is passionate about teaching/training. He works with a specialized head nurse who assists him in extracting the grafts. He has a full staff of nurses, nurse assistants, and pre and post-operative staff to assist their patients after surgery. He has a multi-lingual staff fluent in English, Italian, French, Portuguese, German, and Spanish. 

Dr. De Freitas surgical protocol  

Dr. De Freitas takes an individual approach to each surgery, individualizing all of his consultations and taking the patient's specific individual goals into account when devising the surgical plan. He devises the surgical plan, designs the hairline, performs Follicular Unit Excisions with assistance from his lead nurse, and he implants the grafts Dr. De Freitas has a strict protocol for careful implantation. He does all of the implantations himself with the lion implanter controlling the depth, angle, and overall density of the procedure. 

Dr. De Freitas performs FUE exclusively at his clinic.  Dr. De Freitas uses a 0.75mm to 0.8mm motorized punch. Dr. De Freitas performs BHT when the patient has exhausted their scalp hair donor supply. Dr. De Freitas also performs eyebrow hair restoration for men and women. 

View Dr. De Freitas website HERE

Below are some examples of his work: 

Clinic Posted Results

Patient Posted Results

As always, we learn through collective wisdom. We appreciate all feedback and input.

Best wishes,
  • Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The guys work is amazing - and he would be an asset to have in the community for sure, however . .  

Playing devils advocate - we only have 1x patient posted result to go off here. Does this not go against the grain to what the forum preaches and stands for ?  

If this was Hair of Istanbul for instance - with an array of impressive results on their Instagram account, however only 1 patient posted result on the forum, would they also be up for recommendation? 

• Like 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

The guys work is amazing - and he would be an asset to have in the community for sure, however . .  

Playing devils advocate - we only have 1x patient posted result to go off here. Does this not go against the grain to what the forum preaches and stands for ?  

If this was Hair of Istanbul for instance - with an array of impressive results on their Instagram account, however only 1 patient posted result on the forum, would they also be up for recommendation? 

Ideally, we would like more personal experiences on this forum. However, I have done some research and have seen plenty of reviews on the Spanish forum to feel confident. Plus @Adam87 result is incredible. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

6 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Ideally, we would like more personal experiences on this forum. However, I have done some research and have seen plenty of reviews on the Spanish forum to feel confident. Plus @Adam87 result is incredible. 

Yea his result is amazing. 

Are you able to post links to the Spanish forum threads ? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Curious25 said:

Yea his result is amazing. 

Are you able to post links to the Spanish forum threads ? 

Normally I don’t because it’s not really the process I like to follow, but I will ask the clinic to share some of those reviews. 

• Like 2

View my thread

For what it's worth I have read a number of the Spanish clinic patient result threads and I've generally been impressed with the work. I appreciate that he is a doctor who takes a significant hands-on approach in his surgeries because I believe this goes a long way to establishing consistency of results. I have only ever seen his clinic reps behaving professionally in public forums, and from what I've heard his price point seems like a reasonable option for patients. 

For the sake of the other posters who maybe haven't read  I'd love to see if the clinic would be able to get permission from some patients to share their posts/reviews here, but honestly if people are curious it's pretty easy to find his name over on recuperarelpelo. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him on the recommendation list.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Here are a few Spanish threads: 

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?t=78926

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=85514&start=75

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=87179

https://foro.recuperarelpelo.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=79519&start=780

There are a lot more, in case you guys want to check them out. The forum is a lot different, theres ads and things that can make it confusing. 

View my thread

He has the benefit of working with patients who often have incredible donor hair and perhaps that is also a result of his selection process, but he is undeniably one of the best FUE surgeons in the world on consistency. Arguably *the* best in terms of hairline aesthetics although that is to some degree preference. . Naturalness is a relatively low bar to cover, these go well beyond that and largely are the equivalent of designer hairlines. Last I saw his prices aren't even that high either. 

Easy recommendation. 

• Like 1

They have been impressing me for the last few years. Nice to see more results being posted on this forum in recent times. So many more excellent results on other forums, Spanish and Italian in particular. 
I would have no hesitation in recommending them. 🙏

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, John Hill said:

Do you guys know how much he charges per graft? I was trying to find on the website but no luck. Obviously, very impressive results!

From 1-1000 grafts he charges 3.5 euros. From 1001 grafts and beyond he charges 2.5 euros. That price is actually lower than a lot of these hair mills in Turkey. It really is a no-brainer at that cost. Also the cost of accommodation (4 star hotel) is included in their prices for patients outside of Valencia Spain. 

• Like 3

View my thread

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

€3.50 per graft ! 

Actually that's the price up to 1,000 grafts, beyond that the price is 2.5 euros. 

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

From 1-1000 grafts he charges 3.5 euros. From 1001 grafts and beyond he charges 2.5 euros. That price is actually lower than a lot of these hair mills in Turkey. It really is a no-brainer at that cost.

It’s very reasonable for this kind of elite clinic 👏

• Like 1

• Administrators
Just now, JohnAC71 said:

It’s very reasonable for this kind of elite clinic 👏

Absolutely agreed.

View my thread

5 minutes ago, caricatura said:

So a 3000 graft procedure would cost [(1000 x 3.5) + (2000 x 2.5) = 3500 + 5000 = €8500 =] $10,102. @g4designs Even with airfare and hotel, this likely meets your $12,000 budget and you'd be going to one of the best in the world.

Accommodation is included in the price. So yes amazing value for such a elite clinic/Dr. 

• Like 1